Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm

I'll accept it when it's still a committee mid season. Eagles have been running with a committee of average RBS for yrs now, I class Sanders as above average and still think he'll force his way into the Lions share of touches.

My only concern is the hammy injury, those things can hang around the whole season if not taken care of properly.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm I'll accept it when it's still a committee mid season. Eagles have been running with a committee of average RBS for yrs now, I class Sanders as above average and still think he'll force his way into the Lions share of touches.

My only concern is the hammy injury, those things can hang around the whole season if not taken care of properly.
Sanders is a somewhat raw RB. He only had 1 year of lead back duties. For him to get the lionshare or be the A side of a committee it will probably take till mid season minimum for that to happen. Unless an injury to Howard happens before then.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:18 pm I'll accept it when it's still a committee mid season. Eagles have been running with a committee of average RBS for yrs now, I class Sanders as above average and still think he'll force his way into the Lions share of touches.

Sanders is a somewhat raw RB. He only had 1 year of lead back duties. For him to get the lionshare or be the A side of a committee it will probably take till mid season minimum for that to happen. Unless an injury to Howard happens before then.
My statement should be read as more of a knock at Howard and such than praise for him haha

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am

No Philly RB had more than 30% production share last year.

Even if Sanders somehow takes a bellcow role in Philly(which is obviously very unlikely), the Philly offense doesn’t produce much for the position. 349/1341/12 rushing, and 77/660/4 receiving, TOTAL, at the RB position in 2018.

So, if Sanders is the leader of an RBBC, his ceiling is likely 30-40% of that total production, good enough to be a mid RB3. If he somehow take away on a bellcow role(again, very unlikely), he could be seeing 50-60% of that type of production, good for mid to low RB2.

And then there is the most likely scenario, where he is just another cog in the RBBC and has just 20-30% production, and is an RB3/4 and mostly useless in fantasy until things possibly change for him when his rookie contract is up in 2023. But that’s silly to hold out hope for that, seeing how there are nearly a half dozen RBs in next year’s rookie class alone better than him that will be saturating the league with RB talent going forward.

I don’t buy Sanders at all at this point, and wouldn’t spend a first round pick on him. I’d rather trade it away into the future than waste it on him.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am No Philly RB had more than 30% production share last year.

Even if Sanders somehow takes a bellcow role in Philly(which is obviously very unlikely), the Philly offense doesn’t produce much for the position. 349/1341/12 rushing, and 77/660/4 receiving, TOTAL, at the RB position in 2018.

So, if Sanders is the leader of an RBBC, his ceiling is likely 30-40% of that total production, good enough to be a mid RB3. If he somehow take away on a bellcow role(again, very unlikely), he could be seeing 50-60% of that type of production, good for mid to low RB2.

And then there is the most likely scenario, where he is just another cog in the RBBC and has just 20-30% production, and is an RB3/4 and mostly useless in fantasy until things possibly change for him when his rookie contract is up in 2023. But that’s silly to hold out hope for that, seeing how there are nearly a half dozen RBs in next year’s rookie class alone better than him that will be saturating the league with RB talent going forward.

I don’t buy Sanders at all at this point, and wouldn’t spend a first round pick on him. I’d rather trade it away into the future than waste it on him.
:think: is it though?

The Eagles have one of the best analytics and scouting operations in the league. They didn't spend early round capital to have him spell Corey Clement for 4 years...
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am No Philly RB had more than 30% production share last year.

I agree with what your saying but I don't feel like its very accurate to just base it off of last years total rushing numbers when they were an obvious outlier in terms of what they have been averaging the past few years.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 am

The Eagles have one of the best analytics and scouting operations in the league. They didn't spend early round capital to have him spell Corey Clement for 4 years...
They are literally saying they did. All past actions are also pointing to it being the case.

Philly employs an RBBC where the top RB is lucky to get 30% of volume. 27% was highest for any RB in Philly last year, for example. The coaches say they are continuing this, with Howard, Sanders, Clement, Smallwood, and Adams on the roster.

The lead RB in Philly has been an RB3 or RB4 the last 3 years under Pederson. The last time the Eagles had a bellcow RB it was 2014 under Chip Kelly. And even so, Shady was only good for a mid RB2 level production.

Again, EVEN IF Sanders totally breaks the mold and takes on 50% of the production in Obilly, he’ll be a borderline RB2/3. Who wants that as their low likelihood ceiling for an early 1st RB????

WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 am

whaley88 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 am

I agree with what your saying but I don't feel like its very accurate to just base it off of last years total rushing numbers when they were an obvious outlier in terms of what they have been averaging the past few years.
Last year, 2018, was VERY similar to 2017, and maybe even better. Lead RB in 2017 was Blount with 173/766/2 and 8/50/1.

Team total RB stats in 2017 were: 395/1787/9 rushing and 53/496/4 = 332 total fantasy points .5ppr = tied for 3rd overall with CMC and worse than 2018.

An of course, 2016 was very similar to the last 2 years. Philly RB production is exceedingly predictable and pedestrian under Pederson.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

They are literally saying they did. All past actions are also pointing to it being the case.

Philly employs an RBBC where the top RB is lucky to get 30% of volume. 27% was highest for any RB in Philly last year, for example. The coaches say they are continuing this, with Howard, Sanders, Clement, Smallwood, and Adams on the roster.

The lead RB in Philly has been an RB3 or RB4 the last 3 years under Pederson. The last time the Eagles had a bellcow RB it was 2014 under Chip Kelly. And even so, Shady was only good for a mid RB2 level production.

Again, EVEN IF Sanders totally breaks the mold and takes on 50% of the production in Obilly, he’ll be a borderline RB2/3. Who wants that as their low likelihood ceiling for an early 1st RB????
Are playing redraft or dynasty? Who gives a crap about "last year" I'm worried about 2019, 2020, 2021, etc. Looking at a teams past is pretty ridiculous to an extent. Remember when the rams couldnt complete a pass over 20 yards and now they are an absolute offensive juggernaut? Remember when there wasn't a single player on the browns you wanted to own now Baker mayfield is going in the 5th in startups? Probably the QB1 in dynasty.

Things change, if you live in the past you'll never succeed. Miles Sanders is an exceptional talent and I agree there is almost no shot he is an RB1 in 2019, who cares? If you are drafting guys for immediate success you are going to struggle.

There is absolutely zero reason Sanders can't be getting 60-70% of the shares in 2020 and being a solid rb1
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 am
FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

Are playing redraft or dynasty? Who gives a crap about "last year" I'm worried about 2019, 2020, 2021, etc. Looking at a teams past is pretty ridiculous to an extent. Remember when the rams couldnt complete a pass over 20 yards and now they are an absolute offensive juggernaut? Remember when there wasn't a single player on the browns you wanted to own now Baker mayfield is going in the 5th in startups? Probably the QB1 in dynasty.

Things change, if you live in the past you'll never succeed. Miles Sanders is an exceptional talent and I agree there is almost no shot he is an RB1 in 2019, who cares? If you are drafting guys for immediate success you are going to struggle.

There is absolutely zero reason Sanders can't be getting 60-70% of the shares in 2020 and being a solid rb1
There is absolutely NOTHING backing what you’ve written above. It is a completely fabricated and fanciful dream scenario that goes against every, single, piece of evidence we have suggesting that it will not happen.

And, even if it does, 60-70% of their recent production(feels just plain stupid saying that he’ll ever get that high of a share in Philly but just for argument’s sake) is just borderline RB1/2 as his ceiling. And seeing how exceedingly unlikely it is that he even gets in position to hit that ceiling, why would anybody want Sanders with an early 1st???

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am

Then you've completely kissed my point. Saying Sanders will definetly be in a rbbc for 3+ years had no more validity than saying he will definitely be the bell cow in 2020 and beyond. It doesn't matter what happened in 2017 and 2018 things change FAST in the NFL. If Sanders is a superstar like it seems the eagles think he will be based on the draft capital spent on him they arent going to gold him back "just because"

You can't look at what a team did 1, 2 or 3 years ago and base anything off of it. They will do whatever gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am Then you've completely kissed my point. Saying Sanders will definetly be in a rbbc for 3+ years had no more validity than saying he will definitely be the bell cow in 2020 and beyond. It doesn't matter what happened in 2017 and 2018 things change FAST in the NFL. If Sanders is a superstar like it seems the eagles think he will be based on the draft capital spent on him they arent going to gold him back "just because"

You can't look at what a team did 1, 2 or 3 years ago and base anything off of it. They will do whatever gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.
I never said “definitely.” Stop straw manning to make a fake point. And yes, looking at past history/production/scheme is very valuable.

You still haven’t backed up your claims with anything. Based on all evidence, there is little chance that Sanders breaks out above a mid-to-low production RBBC role anytime in the near future. It would take major organizational change in Philadelphia to see that happen.

“They will do whatever gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.” As has been made crystal clear, and confirmed by past years play on the field, through roster acquisitions, and by the coaches themselves, RBBC where no RB sees more than 1/3 of volume is what they believe gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am
MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 am Then you've completely kissed my point. Saying Sanders will definetly be in a rbbc for 3+ years had no more validity than saying he will definitely be the bell cow in 2020 and beyond. It doesn't matter what happened in 2017 and 2018 things change FAST in the NFL. If Sanders is a superstar like it seems the eagles think he will be based on the draft capital spent on him they arent going to gold him back "just because"

I never said “definitely.” Stop straw manning to make a fake point. And yes, looking at past history/production/scheme is very valuable.

You still haven’t backed up your claims with anything. Based on all evidence, there is little chance that Sanders breaks out above a mid-to-low production RBBC role anytime in the near future. It would take major organizational change in Philadelphia to see that happen.

“They will do whatever gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.” As has been made crystal clear, and confirmed by past years play on the field, through roster acquisitions, and by the coaches themselves, RBBC where no RB sees more than 1/3 of volume is what they believe gives them the best chance to win every Sunday.
Sorry what exactlyis it you think I am claiming? I'm basically saying we have no idea what 2019, 20 and 21 hold for Sanders. Just because in the past they have chosen the rbbc model means absolutely nothing one way or the other going forward. That gave them the best chance to win then but that was then, this is now.

MY OPINION. Based on the draft capital spent is they intend to use him fairly heavily down the line.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 am

“If Sanders is a superstar like it seems the eagles think he will be based on the draft capital spent on him”

What? He went 53rd overall. Superstar??? Here are the players drafted ahead of him in recent years:

Josh Jacobs 24

Saquon Barkley 2
Rashaad Penny 27
Sony Michel 31
Nick Chubb 35
Ronald Jones 38
Kerryon Johnson 43

Leonard Fournette 4
Christian McCaffery 8
Dalvin Cook 41
Joe Mixon 48

Ezekiel Elliott 4
Derrick Henry 45

Todd Gurley 10
Melvin Gordon 15
TJ Yeldon 36

Players drafted to be “superstars” are pretty much: Barkley, Fournette, McCaffery, Elliott, Gurley, Gordon.

I don’t understand the point of spinning these narratives that are clearly false.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:36 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 am

“If Sanders is a superstar like it seems the eagles think he will be based on the draft capital spent on him”

What? He went 53rd overall. Superstar??? Here are the players drafted ahead of him in recent years:

Josh Jacobs 24

Saquon Barkley 2
Rashaad Penny 27
Sony Michel 31
Nick Chubb 35
Ronald Jones 38
Kerryon Johnson 43

Leonard Fournette 4
Christian McCaffery 8
Dalvin Cook 41
Joe Mixon 48

Ezekiel Elliott 4
Derrick Henry 45

Todd Gurley 10
Melvin Gordon 15
TJ Yeldon 36

Players drafted to be “superstars” are pretty much: Barkley, Fournette, McCaffery, Elliott, Gurley, Gordon.

I don’t understand the point of spinning these narratives that are clearly false.
That's a pretty good list to be on in terms of fantasy rb value. In no way do i think Sanders is slated for a bellcow role out of the gate, but past team preference also has to take into account the talent, or lack thereof, PHI had at the position during that timeframe.

An analytics-saavy team spent a second round pick on a position that has become increasingly devalued. That carries more weight to me personally than RBBC coach speak in early June.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2