Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:20 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:08 pm Regarding the Jaguars, I didnt think Lawrence and that offense would be that bad.
To be fair, JAX has suffered injuries to several key (Etienne, Chark, Cann) offensive players. Not saying Urban's offense was going to be great, but that had to lessen the outlook.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Boston Scott getting the GL work. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:19 pm

It's very frustrating to watch Sanders be very effective whenever he gets a chance but for some odd reason they wont stick with him or give him any red zone work.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:34 pm

KingsKing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:19 pm It's very frustrating to watch Sanders be very effective whenever he gets a chance but for some odd reason they wont stick with him or give him any red zone work.
Sirianni hates him. That and he got injured, again.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 pm

6ypc last week and 7ypc this week. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:13 pm

I think it's pretty obvious now. Coaching staff has serious concerns about his ball security and ability to hold up to hits. He's going to need a new coaching staff (either in Philly or somewhere else) to revive his career.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm

abloom wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:13 pm I think it's pretty obvious now. Coaching staff has serious concerns about his ball security and ability to hold up to hits. He's going to need a new coaching staff (either in Philly or somewhere else) to revive his career.
Yeah, I mean from a FF perspective, people don't understand it, but it's not as simple as the coach hates him. Sanders just isn't, and never was a bell cow type back. He's a solid NFL back, who has some explosiveness, and is capable of big plays, but questionable vision and durability. He's going to have better success and efficiency with a capped touch total. From an NFL perspective, he's not being used incorrectly, even if he goes somewhere else, he's not going to be getting 300 touches. People can harp about multiple coaching staff's getting it wrong, but the reality is, we don't see much. We don't see them in practice, or in the trainers room etc etc etc. It's just FF owners want points. They always want points. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm
abloom wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:13 pm I think it's pretty obvious now. Coaching staff has serious concerns about his ball security and ability to hold up to hits. He's going to need a new coaching staff (either in Philly or somewhere else) to revive his career.
Yeah, I mean from a FF perspective, people don't understand it, but it's not as simple as the coach hates him. Sanders just isn't, and never was a bell cow type back. He's a solid NFL back, who has some explosiveness, and is capable of big plays, but questionable vision and durability. He's going to have better success and efficiency with a capped touch total. From an NFL perspective, he's not being used incorrectly, even if he goes somewhere else, he's not going to be getting 300 touches. People can harp about multiple coaching staff's getting it wrong, but the reality is, we don't see much. We don't see them in practice, or in the trainers room etc etc etc. It's just FF owners want points. They always want points. :lol:
But his fantasy points per touch though

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Smith and Goedert were barely used as well, there's no doubt the coaches are getting it wrong. At least some of the blame has to fall to them with Sanders.

But it sounds like the ankle is the reason why he wasn't getting touches today above anything else. It's not that "Sanders isn't good enough". Obviously he wouldn't average 7ypc with a bigger workload but I think it's enough to say he is far and away the best running back on the team and needs more touches.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:48 pm Smith and Goedert were barely used as well, there's no doubt the coaches are getting it wrong. At least some of the blame has to fall to them with Sanders.

But it sounds like the ankle is the reason why he wasn't getting touches today above anything else. It's not that "Sanders isn't good enough". Obviously he wouldn't average 7ypc with a bigger workload but I think it's enough to say he is far and away the best running back on the team.
Or their QB sucks. I didn't watch the game so I can't say for sure today, but in past games that I have watched hurts just looks terrible. He has a long way to go before he can be a real NFL QB.

Maybe Sanders is the best RB, maybe not. But i think it's more likely that he is the most talented all around back, but the other backs are more talented in their specialties. So when you have 3-4 backs, Sanders is going to take big hits to production.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 pm

That's for sure. I mentioned in the Hurts thread that this game going bad is on him more than anyone. His INTs were all terrible and he just doesn't have the arm talent. That being said, the Giants are a bad team and couldn't score either so the game was still within reach. Coaches could have done a better job getting the ball to Smith Goedert and Sanders. Those are the playmakers.

Edit: Anyway, I'm not trying to sell you on Sanders. At this point there always seems to be a long list of "if's" with him. Justifiable or not, at a certain point it's just too many problems and it isn't happening. Agree the best thing for his career and fantasy value would be to leave Philly.

"If" the coaches used him more. "If" he stayed healthy. "If" the offensive line stays healthy. "If" the Eagles aren't playing from behind. "If" the QB play improves. it's always something.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:42 am

Miles Sanders = Ryan Mathews
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:08 am

Sure looked good on Sunday. I bought for a 2 and a 3 in a 16 team 53 man full IDP league. I wouldn't call it a steal by any means but I thought it was an instant accept.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:15 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:08 am Sure looked good on Sunday. I bought for a 2 and a 3 in a 16 team 53 man full IDP league. I wouldn't call it a steal by any means but I thought it was an instant accept.
Good deal for you. I sold Hopkins early in the season for McLaurin and Sanders. Feeling like that's peak value for Nuk, especially with Sanders value going back up

He's one of my most rostered players

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:16 am

Sanders seems to be a change of pace back at best. This season he has had two 17 point games, ZERO TD's, 7 single digit games, and 3 missed games.

Hurt again this past week.

I use to think he was a back with potential and while he does look really good once in a while he never lived up to the potential I though he had. The backs around him are also playing as good or better. They may not have his explosiveness but less negative plays I suspect is a big reason there has been a RBBC approach.

I view him as a poor man's Tony Pollard these days.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts