Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:36 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 pm how much faith do we have in PHIs offense returning to 2017 Wentz form?

Because that was a major reason for the Sanders hype and thus far this offense has been stuck in 3rd gear until the 2nd half of games all season
This was really the biggest thing that made me lose confidence in him. A developmental player whose payoff is a ways off is fine. But as an RB-a position players come and go so fast-on a team that likes RBBC, has a declining O-Line and may be headed for a mini rebuild (like Seattle post Legion of Boom type)? Much less appealing to me

Ended up selling him with some spare change for Christian Kirk. Good luck to those still holding. The passing game contributions (both catching and pass blocking) have been nice. Nothing in his work as a runner looks like the guy we saw at Penn State though. Still I would say he has a chance to fulfill his expectations. I just didn't love the situation

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:25 am

I didn't like Sanders the prospect, but I would like to say he looks like he'll be a productive receiver, which makes him fairly safe in PPR leagues. I'm seeing shades of Duke Johnson, but without the concussion issues.

Having said that, I think going forward after Gesecki and Miles Sanders amongst others, are their high combine scores the result of a strength and conditioning program that emphasizes performance. (Fun fact, the Penn St S&C coach also filled the same position at Maryland during Vernon Davis' tenure.)

My concern is that because of their excellent college conditioning, their physical growth has most likely peaked, or was responsible for inflated numbers against bad college defenses. If you look at the splits between Penn St. versus ranked teams and unranked teams, it will account for much of Sanders' college accumulation.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:10 am

I was under the impression that the Philadelphia O-line was one of the better o-line groups in the league. They've played some tough teams and their play as an offensive unit as a whole has been lower than expected, but, is their 0-line really declining? Serious question.

Again, I bought into Sanders in 3 of my 6 teams as more of a future investment, knowing full well that this year he'd be in a full time share. His tape is excellent. That tells me that the ability / talent is there. I was under the impression that the Eagles 0-line is a solid unit and one that would likely be in the top 3rd of the league for the foreseeable future. I think there is a good chance that he will be the main weapon in a rbbc as soon as next year. His pass catching ability is seemingly very solid. Howard is playing very well and deserves credit for that. However, we've already seen Howard fall out of favor. Time will tell. All it would take is a minor injury and some missed time for Howard, for us to see Sander's work load increase dramatically.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:20 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:10 am I was under the impression that the Philadelphia O-line was one of the better o-line groups in the league. They've played some tough teams and their play as an offensive unit as a whole has been lower than expected, but, is their 0-line really declining? Serious question.
Jason Peters is toast, Kelce almost retired last season so he's most likely done after this year. So that leaves them with a core of Seumalo (not good), Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson (both good but will be 30+ next year), and the rookie andre dillard at LT who may or may not be good. So yes, I'd say they're declining. The Eagles are just a mess on defense too which causes them to be in a massive whole early so they abandon the run (except on 3rd and long). Given their current defensive depth and history of drafting awful DBs, I don't that changing anytime soon. Eagles are on the cusp of a complete dumpster fire and total rebuild, which is sad to say for me as a fan.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:22 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:10 am I was under the impression that the Philadelphia O-line was one of the better o-line groups in the league. They've played some tough teams and their play as an offensive unit as a whole has been lower than expected, but, is their 0-line really declining? Serious question.
Still a top 10 unit. Howard is just outplaying Sanders as a runner. The rookie looks like he needs to be coached up.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:35 am

I was never super high on Miles Sanders and felt the hype got really out of control here in a big way. That said, I would certainly buy for a 2nd even in the 2020 class. I could see him having an Austin Ekeler like fantasy career in that he is usually a solid flex play that has RB1 upside. Those guys usually have more value than what their trade price would indicate.

If you were expecting RB1 numbers this year that was silly. That may also be silly in general since Doug Pederson has shown to be a RBBC guy. Similar to the OJ Howard-Bruce Arians not using TEs in the passing game argument. Many tried to argue "well Arians has never had a TE like OJ Howard before". Well where are we now? Same arguments surfaced about Sanders. "Pederson has never had a RB that is clearly better than the rest until now". As long as Sanders (or any RB for that matter) is in a RBBC situation; the fantasy ceiling will always have a cap to it. Keep that in mind when you're evaluating what to offer/accept on Sanders.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 am

Let's be honest, no one other than Jacobs has looked good with regards to Rookie RB's.

Everyone else has shown flashes but nothing to inspire great confidence moving forward. So if the argument is, "Should I have taken Sanders over XYZ RB?" No one knows at this point.

If it's "Should I have taken Sanders over AJB, Metcalf, etc.", then today, that's leaning slightly in the WR favor.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:18 am

The Eagles OL is still quite good, but clearly is trending it's way down and is no longer in the conversation for best in the league. Cowboys may have reclaimed the title of #1 OL, or the Colts have taken it now.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:19 am

Servo wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 am Let's be honest, no one other than Jacobs has looked good with regards to Rookie RB's.

Everyone else has shown flashes but nothing to inspire great confidence moving forward. So if the argument is, "Should I have taken Sanders over XYZ RB?" No one knows at this point.

If it's "Should I have taken Sanders over AJB, Metcalf, etc.", then today, that's leaning slightly in the WR favor.
Purely from a fantasy perspective you're right on the rookie RBs and Jacobs really being the only guy, but Mattison has played very well in Minnesota he's just stuck behind Dalvin.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Today is why. Insane athlete.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Reminds me of Jerick McKinnon..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:43 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm Reminds me of Jerick McKinnon..
Fitting bc now he's hurt :clap:
16 team league

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm

What was his ppt?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 am

Per Bobby Koch:

Miles Sanders is now one of 29 RBs over the last ten seasons to have 600 or more YFS in their first nine career games (not games played). On that list he has the 2nd least amount of touches (3rd least Alvin Kamara has 8 more) while having the 24th most YFS. Showing extreme efficiency.
16 team league

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 am Per Bobby Koch:

Miles Sanders is now one of 29 RBs over the last ten seasons to have 600 or more YFS in their first nine career games (not games played). On that list he has the 2nd least amount of touches (3rd least Alvin Kamara has 8 more) while having the 24th most YFS. Showing extreme efficiency.
He is a strong buy IMO. Like his development just fine.

Still have him as the 2nd best RB in this past draft after Jacobs.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts