Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7985
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby sloth8u » Fri May 31, 2019 12:50 am

knotts4372 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:36 pm
i really like sanders before the draft when he was a late 1st rd projected value, but now im likely staying away. still like the player but not willing to take him top 5 where he seems to be going now. ppl never learn their lesson. just overdraft a guy fully on perceived landing spot
I didnt read all 4 pages, maybe this has been discussed in here...but i have a tough time understanding this thought process. I've heard similar talk in chats and just dont get it. The only take away i have from this thought is...you dont think Philly is a good landing spot? Or you do but dont like the player?

You/we had him top 12 or so predraft and things appear to have went well for him in the draft...why would we not move him up? Some guys fall and some move up, its the nature of our game after the nfl draft.

Maybe its just me, but jacobs jumped a handful of spots. No way i had him 1.1. Hard to imagine qb or te being considered as a top 5 option for most owners even though i think hock and kyler are not likely to bust. Guys like butler and harmon dropped significantly in terms of our draft capital we need to spend to land them. Same for any other rb outside of jacobs and monty. I dont have a problem if you like 3 wrs or more ahead of him...im just not sure how you can look at everything we have today and not put sanders in the top 6 or 7 at minimum.

User avatar
knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4426
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:34 am

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby knotts4372 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

sloth8u wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:50 am
knotts4372 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:36 pm
i really like sanders before the draft when he was a late 1st rd projected value, but now im likely staying away. still like the player but not willing to take him top 5 where he seems to be going now. ppl never learn their lesson. just overdraft a guy fully on perceived landing spot
I didnt read all 4 pages, maybe this has been discussed in here...but i have a tough time understanding this thought process. I've heard similar talk in chats and just dont get it. The only take away i have from this thought is...you dont think Philly is a good landing spot? Or you do but dont like the player?

You/we had him top 12 or so predraft and things appear to have went well for him in the draft...why would we not move him up? Some guys fall and some move up, its the nature of our game after the nfl draft.

Maybe its just me, but jacobs jumped a handful of spots. No way i had him 1.1. Hard to imagine qb or te being considered as a top 5 option for most owners even though i think hock and kyler are not likely to bust. Guys like butler and harmon dropped significantly in terms of our draft capital we need to spend to land them. Same for any other rb outside of jacobs and monty. I dont have a problem if you like 3 wrs or more ahead of him...im just not sure how you can look at everything we have today and not put sanders in the top 6 or 7 at minimum.
i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
Good and the Bad 16 teams 50 man rosters http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/20 ... =07&F=0013

DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016


IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/
974566


@donnynutz on twitter

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3865
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 am

knotts4372 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am
i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
If you're a believer in Sanders' talent, this is great to hear. Much like Chubb last year at this time, I don't think the other mouths will hold off Sanders for a whole season and I'd be happy his draft value is depressed because of that. I expect them to defer to the veterans early on, but he should be the main man by the end of the season and see a value spike.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Phaded » Fri May 31, 2019 5:58 am

Let the majority be high on him; makes things easier for you.
Honestly, I think we are looking at a back-end RB2.

The fact that this is the guy that is going early 1st or is in contention for a very early pick is very telling of this class; I would rather trade away the pick entirely or trade down.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3865
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:02 am

Phaded wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:58 am
Let the majority be high on him; makes things easier for you.
Honestly, I think we are looking at a back-end RB2.

The fact that this is the guy that is going early 1st or is in contention for a very early pick is very telling of this class; I would rather trade away the pick entirely or trade down.
Yeah, I agree with this. I'm not sold on his game and his fumbles are a major concern. But if forced to pick, I'd take him at number 4 this year just because of RB scarcity and the number of depth of the WRs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby IBall2 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am

knotts4372 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
This comment peaked my interest looking at RBs values from year 1 to year 2.

I just took a quick glance at ADPs of Rookie RBs from 2015-2019 that were selected top 5 in rookie drafts (looking at May ADP for each year). In these 4 years, there were 13 RBs selected in the top 5 of their rookie class.

Of those 13 RBs only 2 RBs (6.5%) lost value going from year 1 to year 2, they were Guice and Penny. A top 5 rookie RB increased an average of 6.6 spots in ADP between the first 2 years.

So you're betting Sanders falls in the 6.5% of rookie RBs for this scenario which is fine, but it's not the norm. Also, when you say "this time next year he'll be a lot cheaper" seems to be wrong based on historical data. The Penny fell the most from year 1 to year 2 but his ADP only went from rookie pick 1.04 to rookie pick 1.07.

Edit: decided to go back to 2013 also since the data is available. Adding these 2 draft classes increased to RB pool to 18 (5 more RBs). Only 1 of which lost value from year 1 to year 2 (Sankey). But now the average change in ADP has risen to 10.48 from year 1 to year 2.
Attachments
Rookie RB ADP.jpg
Rookie RB ADP.jpg (142.44 KiB) Viewed 558 times

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5709
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby dlf_mikeh » Fri May 31, 2019 6:52 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:22 pm
Id.pwrsonally trade back and pick up Henderson.
You are purposely defying my wishes not once, but TWICE! Sanders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henderson. Not sure if I used enough >'s to make my point.
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:40 pm
Only guys who really like Sanders at this point are Eagles fans and guys who like to massage butt muscles.
Well I don't like Sanders, I love Sanders. Not sure where that puts me. :biggrin:
IBall2 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am
knotts4372 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am
i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
This comment peaked my interest looking at RBs values from year 1 to year 2.

I just took a quick glance at ADPs of Rookie RBs from 2015-2019 that were selected top 5 in rookie drafts (looking at May ADP for each year). In these 4 years, there were 13 RBs selected in the top 5 of their rookie class.

Of those 13 RBs only 2 RBs (6.5%) lost value going from year 1 to year 2, they were Guice and Penny. A top 5 rookie RB increased an average of 6.6 spots in ADP between the first 2 years.

So you're betting Sanders falls in the 6.5% of rookie RBs for this scenario which is fine, but it's not the norm. Also, when you say "this time next year he'll be a lot cheaper" seems to be wrong based on historical data. The Penny fell the most from year 1 to year 2 but his ADP only went from rookie pick 1.04 to rookie pick 1.07.
This is well said, and Guice only fell because he got hurt, so I wouldn't even include that one. Penny was an obvious choice as someone who would under-perform. A zone back in a power system drafted way too early by any team. I had Michel & Chubb ranked WAYYYYY higher. Can you imagine Chubb on the Seahawks?.... what a waste.

But I digress, your point is a valid one. I don't think Sanders will be cheaper next season unless he pulls a RoJo, and I just don't see that happening.

Anyone passing on Sanders for any RB not named Jacobs will be sorry by year 2.

Much like this guy is when I warned everyone about it last year: https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 3#p1478883

And not many people listened... just like this year *sigh*. What do I gotta do?
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby PTW32 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:42 pm

IBall2 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am
knotts4372 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
This comment peaked my interest looking at RBs values from year 1 to year 2.

I just took a quick glance at ADPs of Rookie RBs from 2015-2019 that were selected top 5 in rookie drafts (looking at May ADP for each year). In these 4 years, there were 13 RBs selected in the top 5 of their rookie class.

Of those 13 RBs only 2 RBs (6.5%) lost value going from year 1 to year 2, they were Guice and Penny. A top 5 rookie RB increased an average of 6.6 spots in ADP between the first 2 years.

So you're betting Sanders falls in the 6.5% of rookie RBs for this scenario which is fine, but it's not the norm. Also, when you say "this time next year he'll be a lot cheaper" seems to be wrong based on historical data. The Penny fell the most from year 1 to year 2 but his ADP only went from rookie pick 1.04 to rookie pick 1.07.

Edit: decided to go back to 2013 also since the data is available. Adding these 2 draft classes increased to RB pool to 18 (5 more RBs). Only 1 of which lost value from year 1 to year 2 (Sankey). But now the average change in ADP has risen to 10.48 from year 1 to year 2.
Very interesting stuff but I'm not sure where you are getting 6.5% from
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:18 am

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/05/28/ ... s-sanders/
What’s going on with Sanders’ injury?

What did Miles Sanders do to get injured? What exactly is his injury? Well, your guess is as good as ours. Ever since Eagles’ head coach Doug Pederson figured out he doesn’t have to be specific with injury details in the offseason, he refuses to go in depth. According to The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Zach Berman, Sanders has yet to take the field.

When asked about the injury and the severity of it, Pederson won’t specify much — or pretty much anything. Week two of OTAs kicks off on Tuesday, and Sanders’ status still seems to be up in the air. While the Eagles are excited to get to see their second-rounder in action surrounded by his veteran teammates for the first time, he isn’t quite ready to take the field yet.

Despite not knowing what’s going on with him, at least we’re fortunate to see that it’s nothing too serious. With Sanders current injury, that now makes three running backs that are currently dealing with injuries including Josh Adams, and Corey Clement. All others are available and trying to make their case for where they belong on the depth chart.

User avatar
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:35 am

Dynasty n00b wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:42 pm
IBall2 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am
knotts4372 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

i definitely do not think philly is nearly as great a landing spot for him as others seem to think. too many mouths to feed there. i think he has the talent to be good sure, but think he will have to wait and earn big touches. i think this time next year he'll be alot cheaper than he is right now and thats when im ready to buy
This comment peaked my interest looking at RBs values from year 1 to year 2.

I just took a quick glance at ADPs of Rookie RBs from 2015-2019 that were selected top 5 in rookie drafts (looking at May ADP for each year). In these 4 years, there were 13 RBs selected in the top 5 of their rookie class.

Of those 13 RBs only 2 RBs (6.5%) lost value going from year 1 to year 2, they were Guice and Penny. A top 5 rookie RB increased an average of 6.6 spots in ADP between the first 2 years.

So you're betting Sanders falls in the 6.5% of rookie RBs for this scenario which is fine, but it's not the norm. Also, when you say "this time next year he'll be a lot cheaper" seems to be wrong based on historical data. The Penny fell the most from year 1 to year 2 but his ADP only went from rookie pick 1.04 to rookie pick 1.07.

Edit: decided to go back to 2013 also since the data is available. Adding these 2 draft classes increased to RB pool to 18 (5 more RBs). Only 1 of which lost value from year 1 to year 2 (Sankey). But now the average change in ADP has risen to 10.48 from year 1 to year 2.
Very interesting stuff but I'm not sure where you are getting 6.5% from
Sorry I must have had a seizure while doing my simple math. 15.4% = 2 of 13 RBs. I must have accidentally done 13/2 instead of 2/13.
Also, including all the way back to 2013 would increase to 16.6% (3/18)

User avatar
joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:52 am

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby joeylitz » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Two points on a thread that’s about dead (sorry - just came back to this site after the offseason):

The Eagles have rotated backs and shared the workload recently...but only since they traded away LeSean McCoy who, incidentally, was the last RB the Eagles drafted in the second round.

If Sanders is a talent, he will play and he will score FP and Howard, Adams, and Clement won’t keep him down for long. More importantly, if he is a talent, he will produce over the long haul, which is what dynasty drafting should be about.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm

MILES SANDERS RB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Assistant head coach Duce Staley said the Eagles will continue to use a committee approach in the backfield.

The best outcome from a fantasy perspective would be second-round rookie Miles Sanders emerging as the clear No. 1 option, but that is not how the Eagles like to operate. "To have the type of backfield we have now, we’re going to share the ball and these guys understand that," Staley said. "It’s something we’ve been doing for a while." The Eagles traded for Jordan Howard over the offseason, and both Staley and OC Mike Groh have surprisingly talked up Howard's receiving ability, suggesting he could be more involved in the passing game than expected. Sanders has the talent to separate himself if the Eagles give him a chance, but it looks like he is headed for a timeshare.

RELATED:

Jordan Howard

SOURCE: NJ Advance Media

Jun 11, 2019, 9:34 AM ET

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4872
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm
MILES SANDERS RB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Assistant head coach Duce Staley said the Eagles will continue to use a committee approach in the backfield.

The best outcome from a fantasy perspective would be second-round rookie Miles Sanders emerging as the clear No. 1 option, but that is not how the Eagles like to operate. "To have the type of backfield we have now, we’re going to share the ball and these guys understand that," Staley said. "It’s something we’ve been doing for a while." The Eagles traded for Jordan Howard over the offseason, and both Staley and OC Mike Groh have surprisingly talked up Howard's receiving ability, suggesting he could be more involved in the passing game than expected. Sanders has the talent to separate himself if the Eagles give him a chance, but it looks like he is headed for a timeshare.

RELATED:

Jordan Howard

SOURCE: NJ Advance Media

Jun 11, 2019, 9:34 AM ET
In other words, nothing has changed.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, Sanders
WR: Hill, DK, KA, Julio, Cooks
TE: Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Duce Staley also said he wasnt aware of the notion that Howard struggles catching passes... I dont buy it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

There are only a few RB's who aren't in a committee. So, it's not surprising that Miles Sanders, who isn't an elite RB prospect, will also be in one. It doesn't mean he can't have the most significant fantasy value of their committee. I'm guessing he will, but I don't see a 1000 yard season.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fezzik, Google [Bot], mgscott, Sriracha and 6 guests