Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:09 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm
lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 pmLol, he also is pimping undrafted Elijah Holyfield.
Yup, that was me.

You should read the beginning of that post. I've had a nearly 100% success rate over the last 3 years when analyzing RBs. This is one of the reasons DLF made me a writer. The process takes THREE steps. The post you read was only step one; recognizing play-makers. I always have several players in the wrong spot in step 1, but it's hard to analyze speed/quickness when watching film alone. Defenders taking a bad angle is one indication of speed, but maybe the defender is taking a bad angle because the defender just isn't that good at reading angles.

Step two is the post-draft analysis. Anyone whose combine performance doesn't match their game tape needs to be reassessed. In my part 2, Holyfield was moved all the way down. His speed is too slow for the zone runner he's supposed to be. It works in college, but it won't at the NFL level.

Step three is where RBs who are zone or power-oriented need to be drafted to their perspective schemes, otherwise they won't succeed. The final step was posted here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181974
He's pretty solid. Nobody gets everything right, and as he stated above, he has a process you are taking and cutting up before his final stage. I liked Sanders since October, said he'd be a top back, if not THE top back in this class. Jacobs came on, too. I think both will be really successful backs. Not monsters in FF, necesssarily, although I think Jacobs landed in a spot to give him that opportunity more than Sanders.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm
lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 pmLol, he also is pimping undrafted Elijah Holyfield.
Yup, that was me.

You should read the beginning of that post. I've had a nearly 100% success rate over the last 3 years when analyzing RBs. This is one of the reasons DLF made me a writer. The process takes THREE steps. The post you read was only step one; recognizing play-makers. I always have several players in the wrong spot in step 1, but it's hard to analyze speed/quickness when watching film alone. Defenders taking a bad angle is one indication of speed, but maybe the defender is taking a bad angle because the defender just isn't that good at reading angles.

Step two is the post-draft analysis. Anyone whose combine performance doesn't match their game tape needs to be reassessed. In my part 2, Holyfield was moved all the way down. His speed is too slow for the zone runner he's supposed to be. It works in college, but it won't at the NFL level.

Step three is where RBs who are zone or power-oriented need to be drafted to their perspective schemes, otherwise they won't succeed. The final step was posted here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181974
Now that I'm done watching Game of Thrones, I plan on reading it right now. Also, Miles Sanders has been my RB1 in this class since back in December. Being a Penn State fan and a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, I hate the landing spot for fantasy, despite him going to my favorite team. I don't see the upside based on where he's going so far in these rookie drafts.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 am

I think we're all doing the same equation, but putting in different numbers for all rookie backs we're thinking of buying early every year.
Chance of being a genuine feature back based on ability times likelihood of the team wanting to make him one times strength of that Offense divided by competition on the team divided by fear of long-term replacement by a better talent. Done.
I like Sanders chances because he is a high-end athlete with potential to develop and because Belichick aside, I don't believe anyone truly wants a committee. I think teams run one when they don't have a 3 down back. The Eagles line is a strength and Roseman's commitment to it means it's likely to stay that way. The team is intelligently coached, plays outdoors and will at times run clock to win with Defense.
There's enough there for me to put Sanders top 6 or 7 this year.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 am

I agree Philly isn't a super ideal landing spot for Sanders, because they didn't trade for Howard to not use him.

That said, Howard is probably gone after this season. They have liked to platoon it in Philly recently, but that may only be because the talent and type of skill-sets available on the roster necessitated a rotation. Ajayi post Blount might've become a 20-touch guy, but of course his injury happened early in the year. Beyond him, there hasn't been a logical candidate for one RB to dominate touches in Philly in several years. Sanders is arguably the first to fit the bill in all facets (draft capital investment, 3-down profile) since Shady left.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm
Well to be fair, it’s not just the community here that’s been high on him for the past couple months.

The actual NFL drafted him 2nd among RBs, so that’s something.

I’ll admit, watching film over the winter, Sanders didn’t look special to me. He was lumped in with Mike Weber, Justice Hill, & Darrell Henderson for me back then.
I wasn't discrediting him or anything. I thought his analysis was solid. I'm sure you will agree that was a massive turning point on the boards for Sanders.
[/quote]

Silly me. I thought it was his production taking over for Barkley, followed by his impressive showing at the combine that got everyone talking about this kid. Seems the only knock are those fumbles.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:38 am

Living in Philly and a huge Birds fan I think Sanders will get the bulk of the carries with Howard and Clement/Sproles sprinkled in.

There will be only a handful of rookie backs that make an impact this year and Sanders will be one of them. I'm not sure he is a top 5 selection however.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:52 am

I'm glad I'm not the only Jordan Howard fan, and yeah, his receiving chops are underrated, but I think it's clear that NFL teams don't agree. I think the draft capital spent on Miles Sanders, 2nd round of only five picks total, says a lot. The Eagles like Sanders and he's probably the most talented back they've had in years.

Sanders will likely have the lion's share of a committee that most NFL teams use, depending on how you define "committee".
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 am

Is lilpuppy Jordan Howard's brother? Jordan Howard is the definition of a 2-down thumper. He's a 3 down back like Blount was in Philly. I don't love Sanders, but it's not because of Jordan Howard.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:36 am

I’m surprised by the people in here saying he’s “top 6 or 7” or “maybe not top 5.” In THIS class? I think it’s crazy if he gets past 4.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GBP1388 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:02 am

People worried about RBBC in PHI should talk to people who took rojo over chubb last year who were thinking the same thing. Not saying sanders is on chubb's level, but in similar situations being the best back in a crowded backfield. Talent > situation.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am

GBP1388 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:02 am People worried about RBBC in PHI should talk to people who took rojo over chubb last year who were thinking the same thing. Not saying sanders is on chubb's level, but in similar situations being the best back in a crowded backfield. Talent > situation.
Good call here, Always go talent over situation. Chubb vs Rojo last year is a great example

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:43 am

Sanders is an extremely fluid RB with hands. He as the size to play 3 downs or be the Kamara type in that system. Eagles haven't really drafted a back this high with his skill set since McCoy or Westbrook.

Only weakness is fumbling issues and they probably make him carry a football all of training camp to improve ball position in his grip.

Wouldn't over think this much, it's not a redraft it's dynasty.

Can't imagine him falling out of the top 4 in non superflex rookie drafts.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:05 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm Peterson has never had a well-rounded 3 down back ... he mentioned on multiple times last year about his desire to feature Josh Adams, but Adam proved to be insufficient....
Adams was pretty good. He then tore his labrum.

Everyone presumes he was suddenly not played/benched because he was terrible. I thought he was their best looking RB. He likely was benched because of the torn cartilage in his shoulder.
Sanders is a good prospect, and will likely have every opportunity to gain a heavy snap share. I'm just defending Adams here, because it's a false narrative that he just couldn't get it done.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:37 am

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:43 am Sanders is an extremely fluid RB with hands. He as the size to play 3 downs or be the Kamara type in that system. Eagles haven't really drafted a back this high with his skill set since McCoy or Westbrook.

Only weakness is fumbling issues and they probably make him carry a football all of training camp to improve ball position in his grip.

Just happened in my first post draft rookie draft. Typical 12 team ppr:

1.01 1. Jacobs, Josh OAK RB (R) Mon Apr 29 11:11:05 a.m. CT 2019
1.02 2. Montgomery, David CHI RB (R) Mon Apr 29 11:50:07 a.m. CT 2019
1.03 3. Campbell, Parris IND WR (R) Mon Apr 29 11:50:07 a.m. CT 2019 [Pick made based on Pre-Draft List]
1.04 4. Harry, N'Keal NEP WR (R) Mon Apr 29 1:28:10 p.m. CT 2019
1.05 5. Metcalf, DK SEA WR (R) Mon Apr 29 3:50:45 p.m. CT 2019
1.06 6. Brown, A.J. TEN WR (R) Mon Apr 29 5:23:43 p.m. CT 2019

Team names removed to protect the guilty. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:34 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:37 am
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:43 am Sanders is an extremely fluid RB with hands. He as the size to play 3 downs or be the Kamara type in that system. Eagles haven't really drafted a back this high with his skill set since McCoy or Westbrook.

Just happened in my first post draft rookie draft. Typical 12 team ppr:

1.01 1. Jacobs, Josh OAK RB (R) Mon Apr 29 11:11:05 a.m. CT 2019
1.02 2. Montgomery, David CHI RB (R) Mon Apr 29 11:50:07 a.m. CT 2019
1.03 3. Campbell, Parris IND WR (R) Mon Apr 29 11:50:07 a.m. CT 2019 [Pick made based on Pre-Draft List]
1.04 4. Harry, N'Keal NEP WR (R) Mon Apr 29 1:28:10 p.m. CT 2019

Team names removed to protect the guilty. 8-)
Montgomery is a surprise that high but everyone evaluates differently I Guess. He looks a reach at 1.2. to me if there is such a thing this draft.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts