Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

He's got a 3-down skillset, one of few backs in this class who do.

But yeah, I think people liking the Eagles situation are being a little too hopeful.

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Watch his game tape.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:58 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm Maybe they rotate their RBs because they haven't had a back capable of being on the field for 3 downs? Sanders has that ability and is the biggest investment at the position the Eagles have made in the Pederson era. Plus he is the only RB on the roster that has a contract for the 2020 season...
The only thing he has going for him is draft capital in my opinion. Now they have Jordan Howard also, He's a 3 down back. The odds are just as likely that Howard leads the Eagles this year as Sanders. Howard is 24 and already has two 1,000 yard seasons and 2 seasons with 9 tds.

The contract point in moot . Philly will employ more than Sanders in 2020 at RB, so either they resign the aforementioned Howard or someone else currently on the roster or they go get someone else to share touches.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:02 pm

All the above could be correct, we just wont know until the season starts. We do know that they have not had a back like him for a few years, and it very well could be as simple as that. That's the fun thing about Fantasy, you get to put your money where your mouth is. I have the 1.01 in two leagues, and I think he is too much risk there, but will probably take him at the 1.04 I have also. I like his talent a bunch, but Philly gives me a NE vibe a good portion of thetime, as far as the backfield goes. These teams are successful, so you cannot knock them. But even NE started pounding the rock with Michel last year, problem is (for ppr leagues) he did not catch the ball. Good thing, he scores tds.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:06 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm Talent over situation. Plus Sanders is the first Back with 3 down skillset to have a bleep at that backfield

Edit: shot not bleep haha
Ajayi was and now Howard is a 3 down back. Also, W Smallwood and C Clement both played on all 3 downs at times.

RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman

TEAM 2

WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:08 pm

drbuttermaker wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:37 pm Watch his game tape.

LOL. I've watched plenty of his game tape. Saw 10 fumbles in 308 college touches. That equals the bench and ultimately unemployment in the NFL.

TEAM 2

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm Peterson has never had a well-rounded 3 down back ... he mentioned on multiple times last year about his desire to feature Josh Adams, but Adam proved to be insufficient. Time will tell if Sanders can fulfill a 3 down role, but there’s plenty of evidence that Peterson wants a feature back.
Now he has Jordan Howard. Howie said it in his presser. They like Miles Sanders but didn't expect him to fall to their spot and had no plans to move up to get him. He fell, they made the pick.

Everyone is knocking Howard as a 2 down guy but he has had at least 20 catches in his 3 NFL seasons.(Miles Sanders had 23 last year).

I'm not arguing Miles Sanders talent. I just hate the landing spot for him. Very muddy waters. Instead of drafting top 5..draft someone else and if you like Sanders, he'll be cheaper around the trade deadline.

TEAM 2

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:10 pm So far I've been seeing a lot of top 5 talk in rookie drafts for Sanders and I don't understand it.
If you want to know where the Sanders hype train got rolling, it's right here.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178590

He was rarely mentioned up until this thread. Once that post hit, it was like a virus spread amongst the boards. I've honestly never seen people gravitate and believe in one post like this one. It's really been quite impressive.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm
lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:10 pm So far I've been seeing a lot of top 5 talk in rookie drafts for Sanders and I don't understand it.

He was rarely mentioned up until this thread. Once that post hit, it was like a virus spread amongst the boards. I've honestly never seen people gravitate and believe in one post like this one. It's really been quite impressive.

Lol, he also is pimping undrafted Elijah Holyfield.

TEAM 2

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Well to be fair, it’s not just the community here that’s been high on him for the past couple months.

The actual NFL drafted him 2nd among RBs, so that’s something.

I’ll admit, watching film over the winter, Sanders didn’t look special to me. He was lumped in with Mike Weber, Justice Hill, & Darrell Henderson for me back then.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:12 pm
Well to be fair, it’s not just the community here that’s been high on him for the past couple months.

The actual NFL drafted him 2nd among RBs, so that’s something.

I’ll admit, watching film over the winter, Sanders didn’t look special to me. He was lumped in with Mike Weber, Justice Hill, & Darrell Henderson for me back then.
[/quote]

I wasn't discrediting him or anything. I thought his analysis was solid. I'm sure you will agree that was a massive turning point on the boards for Sanders.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 pmLol, he also is pimping undrafted Elijah Holyfield.
Yup, that was me.

You should read the beginning of that post. I've had a nearly 100% success rate over the last 3 years when analyzing RBs. This is one of the reasons DLF made me a writer. The process takes THREE steps. The post you read was only step one; recognizing play-makers. I always have several players in the wrong spot in step 1, but it's hard to analyze speed/quickness when watching film alone. Defenders taking a bad angle is one indication of speed, but maybe the defender is taking a bad angle because the defender just isn't that good at reading angles.

Step two is the post-draft analysis. Anyone whose combine performance doesn't match their game tape needs to be reassessed. In my part 2, Holyfield was moved all the way down. His speed is too slow for the zone runner he's supposed to be. It works in college, but it won't at the NFL level.

Step three is where RBs who are zone or power-oriented need to be drafted to their perspective schemes, otherwise they won't succeed. The final step was posted here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181974
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:08 pm
drbuttermaker wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:37 pm Watch his game tape.

LOL. I've watched plenty of his game tape. Saw 10 fumbles in 308 college touches. That equals the bench and ultimately unemployment in the NFL.
Have you watched any sports movies? Because that can be solved with a two-minute montage.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:27 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:13 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm Peterson has never had a well-rounded 3 down back ... he mentioned on multiple times last year about his desire to feature Josh Adams, but Adam proved to be insufficient. Time will tell if Sanders can fulfill a 3 down role, but there’s plenty of evidence that Peterson wants a feature back.
Now he has Jordan Howard. Howie said it in his presser. They like Miles Sanders but didn't expect him to fall to their spot and had no plans to move up to get him. He fell, they made the pick.

Everyone is knocking Howard as a 2 down guy but he has had at least 20 catches in his 3 NFL seasons.(Miles Sanders had 23 last year).

I'm not arguing Miles Sanders talent. I just hate the landing spot for him. Very muddy waters. Instead of drafting top 5..draft someone else and if you like Sanders, he'll be cheaper around the trade deadline.
Yeah. Howard's a beast. Best hands in the game.

Weird that the Bears, with championship aspirations, shipped him off for a 6th. And then the team that traded for him promptly used a premium pick to draft another running back.

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:27 pm

As my avatar indicates, I've watched a fair amount of the Bears in recent years... ;)

Calling Jordan Howard a three-down back is laughable.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05