Final Rookie RB Ranking

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Final Rookie RB Ranking

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I've never been a Sanders fan. He hasn't looked very good, but if you believe he can be the guy then I suppose it's a good time to buy low.

However, I would rather have the 2020 1st.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:16 pm

I haven't seen much of the Eagles so far this year, but for rookie draft time Sanders was the rookie I wanted most at 1.04. Draft went Monty, Jacobs, Sanders, so I ended up with Harry.

I was able to trade for Sanders last week; gave up Josh Gordon, Clowney, and J Schobert. I am pretty thin at RB and deep on DEF side of things.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 pm

DinoDynasty wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am Bumping for thoughts on how people are feeling about Sanders so far. I have the opportunity to buy him in two places, and this analysis on him had me very interested in taking my chances.
He's has had three touchdowns called back, one of those being one of the best catch-and-runs I've seen so far this year by anybody. I thought it was Jordan Howard at first and remember rising out of my chair in awe, only to be pleasantly surprised that it was Sanders instead... and then deflated when I saw the penalty.

The touchdown plays that were called back were two runs of about 10 and 5, and one catch of about 25. If those had counted, he would be RB1 right now in all of my leagues. I'm not worried.

EDIT: I just double-checked my info. I was wrong. One was a touchdown that was called back, while the other two penalized runs were just short of a touchdown. I still like it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Im more worried about the highly touted Eagles Oline. They've been abysmal so far through two games in both run blocking and pass pro.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm Im more worried about the highly touted Eagles Oline. They've been abysmal so far through two games in both run blocking and pass pro.
This is a good point. Wentz has been getting pressured consistently.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Mike, still glad I followed your advice with sanders and singletary. I like what I’ve seen so far from both of them, and I believe sanders is on pace for 1150 yards from scrimmage, not bad for a guy splitting time.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:20 pm

JohnnyBoyRoss wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm Mike, still glad I followed your advice with sanders and singletary. I like what I’ve seen so far from both of them, and I believe sanders is on pace for 1150 yards from scrimmage, not bad for a guy splitting time.
Also for a guy who I think hasn't been playing to his potential, if he settles into the NFL a bit more and starts to run with better choices (like he did fine in college) he could be very good next year. It's weird that the one area I was unsure of him was his pass catching and that has basically saved his value so far.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am

Well, I did say that it'll take Sanders a full year to be worth any real value. He never fully developed the skills necessary to unseat Jordan Howard. I like the improvements he's made but he's improving slower than I would like. I hope another off-season will do the trick. He can still be had at a reasonable price.

Singletary is my favorite acquisition. I got him for a mid-to-late 2nd in nearly all my drafts. Just an FYI, I think if you can unload him for a mid-to-early 1st, you should. I don't know what his ceiling is but I am not confident he can be the workhorse in this backfield for years to come. I fully drafted him so that I could flip him in the off-season, and I think you should too.

My rankings have been pretty accurate this year. Jacobs is number one, no question there. I lowered Montgomery, and even though I wasn't confident at the time, I feel confident now. Removing Henderson completely off my list was also a great move. And only ranking 4 RBs with any real value totally hits the nail on the head.

The season isn't over but I want to pat myself on the back for this one.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:51 am

Respectfully, I don't see it that way.

Your first report, which is really based upon your own skill rather than what the NFL Combine and NFL Draft reveals to us all, had Myles Sanders (99/437/1 and 27/337/1) as the sole tier one prospect, Elijah Holyfield (last seen mowing his Dad's lawn) as the sole tier 2 prospect and Josh Jacobs (2019 NFL Rookie of the Year) was down in Tier 3 with a bunch of chopped liver prospects including Miles Gaskin (hasn't gotten on the field), Devin Singletary (a revelation), Alex Barnes (who?), Rywuell Armstead (who?), Jordan Scarlett (who?), LJ Scott (who?) and James Williams (who?). And David Montgomery (156/519/5 and 21/161/0 on a woeful offense getting Mitch Trubiskied) was all the way down in tier 4.

That's an awful snap shot through Week 12.

Obviously things can change over the next 2 years, but your hand should not be getting anywhere near your back at this point.

Lol
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:58 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:51 am I dont see it that way. Your first report, which is really based upon your own skill rather than what the NFL Combine and NFL Draft reveals to us all, had Myles as the sole tier one prospect, Elijah Holyfield as the sole tier 2 prospect and Jacobs with a bunch of others as tier 3 prospects.

Obviously things can change over the next 2 years, but your hand should not be getting anywhere near your back at this point.

L
lol, but that's not how it works. You need to read the first post in detail. I always review and place on the first step but that's only so I have a baseline to work with. I've done that for years. The final report is the actual report, after the combine & placement occur and before all of us dynasty owners do the actual drafts.

If you're gonna judge me on my first step every year, pre-combine, pre-workout, and pre-draft, then I'm going to get that L every year.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:15 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:58 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:51 am I dont see it that way. Your first report, which is really based upon your own skill rather than what the NFL Combine and NFL Draft reveals to us all, had Myles as the sole tier one prospect, Elijah Holyfield as the sole tier 2 prospect and Jacobs with a bunch of others as tier 3 prospects.

L
lol, but that's not how it works. You need to read the first post in detail. I always review and place on the first step but that's only so I have a baseline to work with. I've done that for years. The final report is the actual report, after the combine & placement occur and before all of us dynasty owners do the actual drafts.

If you're gonna judge me on my first step every year, pre-combine, pre-workout, and pre-draft, then I'm going to get that L every year.
Yeah, but we all can basically get a very similar report done in May, after the NFL Combine, after all the pundits/analysists have had their say, and the NFL Draft has given us a clear picture of athletic profiles and draft capital. It is also true that most rookie drafts followed suit, not because your report told them to take certain guys high, but because all the indicators were pointing that way at that point and your 3rd report was largely comparable to rookie rankings.

I love your 1st report cuz it's a bold take, putting yourself out there early and without a lot of info beyond your tape review and college production. And I'm not critical of your results there. Think they were about as good as could be expected. But if you wanna earn the RB Guru title with me, it's through your 1st report, not your 2nd or 3rd, and perhaps getting a few more right.

:thumbup:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:14 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:15 am Yeah, but we all can basically get a very similar report done in May, after the NFL Combine, after all the pundits/analysists have had their say, and the NFL Draft has given us a clear picture of athletic profiles and draft capital. It is also true that most rookie drafts followed suit, not because your report told them to take certain guys high, but because all the indicators were pointing that way at that point and your 3rd report was largely comparable to rookie rankings.

I love your 1st report cuz it's a bold take, putting yourself out there early and without a lot of info beyond your tape review and college production. And I'm not critical of your results there. Think they were about as good as could be expected. But if you wanna earn the RB Guru title with me, it's through your 1st report, not your 2nd or 3rd, and perhaps getting a few more right.
Oh ok, well I totally get what you're saying. And if that's the case, you can jump back to my 2018 and 2017 ranks where they differed greatly from all others, and are mostly right on.

If you wanna judge my 1st draft... I don't get it. All I have is film. No stop watch, no quickness drills, etc. It's like wanting to judge a painting I just started where most of the canvas is left untouched.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 am

I can honestly say I wouldn't have drafted singletary had it not been for this report. I know most of that stemmed from landing spot, but I would have passed on him and picked up another WR up in the late 2nd-3rd round. Kudos on that pick.

This was a tough year to judge pre-combine and pre-draft because it was such a weak RB class. The only one I thought was obvious before the draft was Jacobs, and maybe Sanders. The rest was a crapshoot.

All I care about is who I draft on draft day, even if that suggestion comes the day of my rookie draft I'd consider it a win and appreciate your report.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am The season isn't over but I want to pat myself on the back for this one.
Over the life of these forums, has there ever been a more fitting quote for someone to describe themselves?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am The season isn't over but I want to pat myself on the back for this one.
Over the life of these forums, has there ever been a more fitting quote for someone to describe themselves?
I like the reaction of the arrogance and that's why I do it. I wanna be knocked down a peg or two because when it happens it's gonna be awesome. I'm going to hype up or tear down some guy and be 100% wrong, and that's when everyone's gonna go nuts, and I deserve it because I've been building it up for so long.

I do it when I bowl too. I'm a HUGE into bowling. I don't get in my opponents faces or anything like that, but I tell my team all the time that I'll bail them out whenever they need me to (I'm the anchor). I'm 5 for 5 lifetime, never failed. They keep betting me more and more money each time the moment arises, and I keep killing it and casually letting them know that I'm happy to drag them to victory when they need me, as I take their money from winning the bet.

But someday, I'm going to throw that crucial split and they're gonna go nuts. And I deserve it. It'll happen and it's going to be awesome. I can visualize it in my head and it makes me smile. Running around, arms in the air, high-fiving each other with my money and being loud about it. Makes me laugh just to imagine it.

Hard to explain but this is what I'm shooting for on these forums. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: