Final Rookie RB Ranking

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Final Rookie RB Ranking

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:17 pmRight, but if you took Sanders over Jacobs, you missed
I did that just to "put my money where my mouth is". I still think Sanders > Jacobs long term, but I've also said countless times that Jacobs > Sanders in year 1.
Henderson has also done more than Gaskin, Alex Barnes or Karan Higdon, who are also ranked ahead of Henderson, who isn't even ranked.
I would never rate someone's dart throws. That's the definition of a dart throw. Could be a bullseye... probably not.
Literally any and every major publication I can think of had Jacobs well ahead of Sanders.
They also had Henderson as a top 3 or top 4, and never mentioned Singletary. Anybody can mention the top guys, but my goal is to pick the one or two guys who won't make it, and give one extra RB somewhere late 1st (Kerryon last year) or in the 2nd (Sing this year) that you can get to help you out. And for that I feel pretty good.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 am saying you have a Magical, Scientific Highly Proprietary and Secret Formula that betters everything that NFL data analysts, scouting teams and the New England Patriots have ever devised... It just sets you up for a higher deal of scrutiny than if you come at it with a larger dose of humility and defer the back slapping until a few years down the road when the reports can speak for themselves (unless you keep tweaking the reports, whereby the under-performers all conveniently drop down the list and all the surprise success stories come up the list).
What is wrong with you?
Well, he's not wrong. :dance:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm
JFever wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm Anyone drafting Sanders in dynasty did do with year two snd beyond in mind. At least that was my take. Similar with Singletary. Jacobs was considered by many to be the 1.01 largely because of his early promising opportunity’s to touches. This is dynasty after all. One can take the short term approach if it fits their team or zig a bit and look for long term value. To be honest, as a Sanders owner, not sure I’d give a first on top of him for Jacobs on the team I own him.
Yup. If I could turn Jacob's into Sanders and another first I'd do that all day
Getting away from the point I was trying to make. That was an arbitrary example. My point was, if you didn't draft Jacobs over Sanders, you lost value on your pick.

He also said to judge him on his final report. Well, his final report has Miles Sanders behind only Barkley (ahead of Chubb) when going vs the 2018 class, so I don't think that's a back patter either. Just giving a bit of healthy criticism. Nobody is perfect. I still appreciate the effort that evokes these conversations.
I agree that Jacobs is a better value than Sanders. But, I don't read the report that way.

If Sanders is ranked higher, then that's the reflection of his belief that, over the course of their careers, Sanders will be better. That is NOT the same thing as saying that you should draft Sanders ahead of Jacobs. Indeed, the savvy owner who reads the report and agrees, would either trade down from Jacobs' draft slot to acquire additional picks/players and then draft Sanders OR would take Jacobs anyway, also understanding that Sanders' breakout, again, according to the report, is a Year 2 likelihood. He could then trade, as you suggest here, Jacobs for Sanders+ (though that's always a risky proposition if the person who owns Sanders also reads these reports!).

Bottom line: The running back report is a predictive tool for long-term success of a player. It is NOT a draft list. Use the tool to create your own draft board.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:55 am
Bottom line: The running back report is a predictive tool for long-term success of a player. It is NOT a draft list. Use the tool to create your own draft board.
:clap:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:03 am

My take on player analysis is pretty simple.

Set a ranking of players by position.
Feel free to adjust those rankings based on what the real professionals do on draft day a few days post NFL draft.

Then defend your position or admit you were right or wrong.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:17 am

Ice wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:03 am My take on player analysis is pretty simple.

Feel free to adjust those rankings based on what the real professionals do on draft day a few days post NFL draft.

Do you think a ranking is sufficient? Or do you think rankings with tiers is better?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:20 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:17 am
Ice wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:03 am My take on player analysis is pretty simple.

Do you think a ranking is sufficient? Or do you think rankings with tiers is better?
I am not a big fan of tiers by position overall. This opens the door to revisionist history IMO. I would rather read and provide strong takes on players not that some WR like Hollywood is in tier 3. That means nothing to me when I had him rated top 3 overall in this class.

I rank in order of how I see player talent by position. That said, my draft board will combine positions for an overall rank. I typically will do my final combined ranking after the NFL draft given situation and professional scouts/Teams selections are certainly worth considering and restudy to determine why a player went higher or lower than my first take. Teams have an advantage of knowing far more detail than we do on and off the field. That said teams draft players for specific roles so that has to be considered.

Specific tiers really don't mean much to me but I understand people assemble information differently. I just see issues with this strategy when it comes to specific positions like QB's in 1 QB leagues. I had a mid first round grade on Murray higher than Montgomery personally as an example in any format and he was an obvious 1.1 in 2 QB leagues.

I had this WR class ranked overall much high than the RB class as an example. The only top 5 quality RB in my personal rankings was Jacobs if that helps. Doesn't mean I didn't like Sanders or Singletary as an example it's just had I several WR's ranked considerably higher.

Most know around here I was very high on DK, Hollywood, and Jacobs as the best in this past class. I wasn't very high on Harry as a player on the other side of many rankings.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 am I think the "guru" title is being taken a little to seriously/literally here
Couldn't disagree more. I want to know who can give me THE answer to my fantasy questions, and I want a 93%+ hit rate on those questions. I need to know which gurus I can trust. I need my RB guru. I need my WR guru. I need my QB guru. I need my tight end guru. I need my IDP guru. bleep kickers. I need my waiver wire expenditures guru. I need my team planning guru. I need my lineup guru. I need my Monday lineup adjustments guru. I need my blind bidding guru. I need my team name guru. I need my smack talk guru. Probably more than anything to guide me through this forum, I need my "is this collusion" guru. Yes, these are all needs.

What we NEED around here is a guru guru.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:41 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 am I think the "guru" title is being taken a little to seriously/literally here
Couldn't disagree more. I want to know who can give me THE answer to my fantasy questions, and I want a 93%+ hit rate on those questions. I need to know which gurus I can trust. I need my RB guru. I need my WR guru. I need my QB guru. I need my tight end guru. I need my IDP guru. bleep kickers. I need my waiver wire expenditures guru. I need my team planning guru. I need my lineup guru. I need my Monday lineup adjustments guru. I need my blind bidding guru. I need my team name guru. I need my smack talk guru. Probably more than anything to guide me through this forum, I need my "is this collusion" guru. Yes, these are all needs.

What we NEED around here is a guru guru.
Correct, a guru guru is the only way to solve all of these issues at once

"team name guru" :lol: