Good grief ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Final Rookie RB Ranking

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 pm

All I know is that I’ll be reading Mike’s posts for years to come, and taking most of his RB advice, especially when it comes to scheme fits and running style.

For the record I own, Fournette, Henry, Sanders, and Singletary, and I will be attempting to sell all of them except sanders this offseason lol, so I agree with selling Singletary.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am The season isn't over but I want to pat myself on the back for this one.
Over the life of these forums, has there ever been a more fitting quote for someone to describe themselves?
I like the reaction of the arrogance and that's why I do it. I wanna be knocked down a peg or two because when it happens it's gonna be awesome. I'm going to hype up or tear down some guy and be 100% wrong, and that's when everyone's gonna go nuts, and I deserve it because I've been building it up for so long.

I do it when I bowl too. I'm a HUGE into bowling. I don't get in my opponents faces or anything like that, but I tell my team all the time that I'll bail them out whenever they need me to (I'm the anchor). I'm 5 for 5 lifetime, never failed. They keep betting me more and more money each time the moment arises, and I keep killing it and casually letting them know that I'm happy to drag them to victory when they need me, as I take their money from winning the bet.

But someday, I'm going to throw that crucial split and they're gonna go nuts. And I deserve it. It'll happen and it's going to be awesome. I can visualize it in my head and it makes me smile. Running around, arms in the air, high-fiving each other with my money and being loud about it. Makes me laugh just to imagine it.

Hard to explain but this is what I'm shooting for on these forums. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.
:shock: :think: :confused:

Ok, bro. To each his own...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 am
Over the life of these forums, has there ever been a more fitting quote for someone to describe themselves?
I like the reaction of the arrogance and that's why I do it. I wanna be knocked down a peg or two because when it happens it's gonna be awesome. I'm going to hype up or tear down some guy and be 100% wrong, and that's when everyone's gonna go nuts, and I deserve it because I've been building it up for so long.

I do it when I bowl too. I'm a HUGE into bowling. I don't get in my opponents faces or anything like that, but I tell my team all the time that I'll bail them out whenever they need me to (I'm the anchor). I'm 5 for 5 lifetime, never failed. They keep betting me more and more money each time the moment arises, and I keep killing it and casually letting them know that I'm happy to drag them to victory when they need me, as I take their money from winning the bet.

But someday, I'm going to throw that crucial split and they're gonna go nuts. And I deserve it. It'll happen and it's going to be awesome. I can visualize it in my head and it makes me smile. Running around, arms in the air, high-fiving each other with my money and being loud about it. Makes me laugh just to imagine it.

Hard to explain but this is what I'm shooting for on these forums. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.
:shock: :think: :confused:

Ok, bro. To each his own...
I respect it. He’s just confident and able to laugh at himself.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 pm

No issues with this at all. I enjoy reading the early takes. It’s a first step and there is good rationale behind it. Keep up the good work, good luck with the bowling, and I’m looking forward to this year’s rb reports.
Last edited by Jfever on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 pm

Well, the top 4 backs you have were all taken inside the first 3 rounds. I don't see how anyone can pat themselves on the back when they had Sanders in the same tier as Jacobs, and took Sanders over Jacobs. That's a major error, IMO. Right now Jacobs could probably get you Sanders and a first on top. I had my top 3 as Jacobs, clear 1.01. Sanders was my 2nd back, and Montgomery my 3rd. I took Jacobs at 1.02 after Kyler in 2 leagues. So I guess I should be slapping myself on the back to the point of bruising? :lol:
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Anyone drafting Sanders in dynasty did do with year two snd beyond in mind. At least that was my take. Similar with Singletary. Jacobs was considered by many to be the 1.01 largely because of his early promising opportunity’s to touches. This is dynasty after all. One can take the short term approach if it fits their team or zig a bit and look for long term value. To be honest, as a Sanders owner, not sure I’d give a first on top of him for Jacobs on the team I own him.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:17 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm Anyone drafting Sanders in dynasty did do with year two snd beyond in mind. At least that was my take. Similar with Singletary. Jacobs was considered by many to be the 1.01 largely because of his early promising opportunity’s to touches. This is dynasty after all. One can take the short term approach if it fits their team or zig a bit and look for long term value. To be honest, as a Sanders owner, not sure I’d give a first on top of him for Jacobs on the team I own him.
Right, but if you took Sanders over Jacobs, you missed Jacobs can get you Sanders plus right now, and Jacobs has been the far superior back. He (Mike) was talking about this year, too. So it's a miss in my mind. Henderson has also done more than Gaskin, Alex Barnes or Karan Higdon, who are also ranked ahead of Henderson, who isn't even ranked.

Literally any and every major publication I can think of had Jacobs well ahead of Sanders. The NFL draft said he was ahead of Sanders, so if you went on your own amateur scouting, you missed. Sometimes you do it and it works. Not here. If you didn't go Jacobs at 1.01, you did not maximize the value of that pick, plain and simple.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 pm Anyone drafting Sanders in dynasty did do with year two snd beyond in mind. At least that was my take. Similar with Singletary. Jacobs was considered by many to be the 1.01 largely because of his early promising opportunity’s to touches. This is dynasty after all. One can take the short term approach if it fits their team or zig a bit and look for long term value. To be honest, as a Sanders owner, not sure I’d give a first on top of him for Jacobs on the team I own him.
Yup. If I could turn Jacob's into Sanders and another first I'd do that all day
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm
Yup. If I could turn Jacob's into Sanders and another first I'd do that all day
Getting away from the point I was trying to make. That was an arbitrary example. My point was, if you didn't draft Jacobs over Sanders, you lost value on your pick.

He also said to judge him on his final report. Well, his final report has Miles Sanders behind only Barkley (ahead of Chubb) when going vs the 2018 class, so I don't think that's a back patter either. Just giving a bit of healthy criticism. Nobody is perfect. I still appreciate the effort that evokes these conversations.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 am

Just want to reiterate that I think MeuRah's reports are one of the best things that occurred here this year, and I look forward their 2020 editions. And as I have a heavy focus on pre-NFL Draft drafts, including holding the 1.01 pick in the DLF Early Bird Special, I will not only anticipate but ALSO RELY on MeuRah's findings.

Taking a step back, I think the reason some of us are fairly firm in our peer review of MeuRah's reports (as well as those of DynastyDelorean) is because of the hubris that was in the introduction of their respective reports. Taking on the RB Guru title or saying you have a Magical, Scientific Highly Proprietary and Secret Formula that betters everything that NFL data analysts, scouting teams and the New England Patriots have ever devised... It just sets you up for a higher deal of scrutiny than if you come at it with a larger dose of humility and defer the back slapping until a few years down the road when the reports can speak for themselves (unless you keep tweaking the reports, whereby the under-performers all conveniently drop down the list and all the surprise success stories come up the list).

I'd also like to point out that putting Jacobs as high as he did in the 1st report was a "win" for MeuRah as Jacobs was not THAT highly regarded in February. Many questioned why someone as talented as him had such a small share of the workload... Indeed, think Jacobs and Singletary where the two big wins on that list.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:18 am

And if you ever want to get into the pre-Draft draft action, there's always a spot for you in the Early Bird Special.

:)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 am saying you have a Magical, Scientific Highly Proprietary and Secret Formula that betters everything that NFL data analysts, scouting teams and the New England Patriots have ever devised... It just sets you up for a higher deal of scrutiny than if you come at it with a larger dose of humility and defer the back slapping until a few years down the road when the reports can speak for themselves (unless you keep tweaking the reports, whereby the under-performers all conveniently drop down the list and all the surprise success stories come up the list).
What is wrong with you?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 am saying you have a Magical, Scientific Highly Proprietary and Secret Formula that betters everything that NFL data analysts, scouting teams and the New England Patriots have ever devised... It just sets you up for a higher deal of scrutiny than if you come at it with a larger dose of humility and defer the back slapping until a few years down the road when the reports can speak for themselves (unless you keep tweaking the reports, whereby the under-performers all conveniently drop down the list and all the surprise success stories come up the list).
What is wrong with you?
I think the "guru" title is being taken a little to seriously/literally here

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:31 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 am
What is wrong with you?
Sorry, I should have included the copyright (©) and trademark (™) symbols referencing your work.

:doh: