Andy Isabella

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: Andy Isabella

Postby problemsolver » Fri May 03, 2019 8:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:58 pm Did someone say "practice"? "Practice!" You talking about "practice.". Man, ballers ball and others practice. Izzy don't "practice". Izzy hangs 200 yards on Bama. Nuff said about "practice."
Georgia?
Forget it, he is on a roll.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:37 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am Everybody talks sbout how Isabelka has tiny hands and small arms. He tested very similar to Will Fuller and Isabella actually has bigger hands, higher vert, and was quicker. You know who was supposed to have terrible hands and would never succeed because of it? Will Fuller. Instead he improved his hands/route running, but he still body catches quite a bit in the NFL.
I don't have any numbers to back this up, but hasn't Fuller suffered pretty significantly from drops so far in the NFL?

Either way, I don't think anyone would complain if Isabella turns into the next Fuller...
I think he did as a rookie, but he had 0 drops last season. PFF had some diagram about how Hopkins and had the highest catch percentage of any starters last year. Granted Fuller only played half a season.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Sat May 04, 2019 11:06 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:37 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am Everybody talks sbout how Isabelka has tiny hands and small arms. He tested very similar to Will Fuller and Isabella actually has bigger hands, higher vert, and was quicker. You know who was supposed to have terrible hands and would never succeed because of it? Will Fuller. Instead he improved his hands/route running, but he still body catches quite a bit in the NFL.
I don't have any numbers to back this up, but hasn't Fuller suffered pretty significantly from drops so far in the NFL?

Either way, I don't think anyone would complain if Isabella turns into the next Fuller...
I think he did as a rookie, but he had 0 drops last season. PFF had some diagram about how Hopkins and had the highest catch percentage of any starters last year. Granted Fuller only played half a season.
Zero drops last year. In his what, 4 games?
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu May 09, 2019 4:23 am

he was a fairly popular pick as a sleeper to end up being the highest producer in this draft class until daniel jeremiah said he didn't like him on draft day. he's dropping well into the second now and I'm scooping him up because f*ck daniel jeremiah
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 am

It’s not drops, I just don’t like how he actually catches the ball. He will get better most likely but he just doesn’t look all that natural as a WR.

Still a decent 2nd round fantasy grade this draft
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am

Isabella was on the board when my 2.06 pick was on the clock, so I decided to watch some film.

Started with his huge performance against Georgia, expecting big things (15 / 219 / 2 stat line). I could not have come away any more disappointed:
1. 12 / 15 catches were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Many of them quick screens or simple out / drag routes. He was given a free release and never had to even "get open" on these catches.
2. Despite the close-to-the-LOS usage, he did not display great after-the-catch ability. He did break the occasional tackle and displays above average lateral agility, but he was too often taken down in the open field by the first defender.
3. 1 of his 2 big catches was on a trick play - a double-pass that got Isabella behind the secondary for a 70 yard TD. He did make a nice juke on the defender after-the-catch. The other long TD catch looked like a Post-Corner against a zone - not a negative but I don't think he had to do anything special to make the play.
4. Both of those big plays came in garbage time against a defense that looked checked out.
5. Anytime a Georgia defender pressed him, Isabella struggled. He's 5'9" / 185 pounds, with short arms and incredibly short hands. The lack of size & physicality is going to be a major challenge for him at the next level.

I wanted to like him, and there are definitely some strengths to his game. But ultimately I ended up trading out of the pick all together.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am Isabella was on the board when my 2.06 pick was on the clock, so I decided to watch some film.

Started with his huge performance against Georgia, expecting big things (15 / 219 / 2 stat line). I could not have come away any more disappointed:
1. 12 / 15 catches were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Many of them quick screens or simple out / drag routes. He was given a free release and never had to even "get open" on these catches.
2. Despite the close-to-the-LOS usage, he did not display great after-the-catch ability. He did break the occasional tackle and displays above average lateral agility, but he was too often taken down in the open field by the first defender.
3. 1 of his 2 big catches was on a trick play - a double-pass that got Isabella behind the secondary for a 70 yard TD. He did make a nice juke on the defender after-the-catch. The other long TD catch looked like a Post-Corner against a zone - not a negative but I don't think he had to do anything special to make the play.
4. Both of those big plays came in garbage time against a defense that looked checked out.
5. Anytime a Georgia defender pressed him, Isabella struggled. He's 5'9" / 185 pounds, with short arms and incredibly short hands. The lack of size & physicality is going to be a major challenge for him at the next level.

I wanted to like him, and there are definitely some strengths to his game. But ultimately I ended up trading out of the pick all together.
:roll:

Well since I'm in a PPR league and he's playing for a team that most likely will throw a lot and be down a lot, I'll take plenty of those five yard catches as they rack-up fantasy points quickly.

I was extremely happy to have him fall to me at #17. Turned down Fitz and a future (mid) 3rd for him.
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

Well given Fitz is about 50 years old that wasn’t much of an offer.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Nice fit in that O

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Godzilla hands, body catcher, gym rat, coaches son. Good landing spot, but lotta hands to feed. Think Butler in the 3rd is better value.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm Godzilla hands, body catcher, gym rat, coaches son. Good landing spot, but lotta hands to feed. Think Butler in the 3rd is better value.
I've had 7 rookie drafts and haven't seen Butler go after Isabella once nor have I seen him fall into the third even in SF but given that they both have warts, I agree that whichever one is going the latest is the one I want.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 am

gopackgo wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am Isabella was on the board when my 2.06 pick was on the clock, so I decided to watch some film.

:roll:

Well since I'm in a PPR league and he's playing for a team that most likely will throw a lot and be down a lot, I'll take plenty of those five yard catches as they rack-up fantasy points quickly.

I was extremely happy to have him fall to me at #17. Turned down Fitz and a future (mid) 3rd for him.
Hope he works out for you, seriously. I passed on him at #16 and turned that pick into #26, #27, and #28. I was able to land Diontae Johnson at #26, who I honestly liked as much as Isabella.

Not saying Isabella can't succeed, but he's far from a perfect prospect. And it's far from an ideal landing spot - I think people just assume Kingsbury will have high-level success, that Murray will turn out to be great, and that Isabella emerges from a crowded WR group.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm

just drafted him at 2.10 in a rookie draft. I was pretty excited to see him still there.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 31, 2019 9:29 pm

https://arizonasports.com/story/1955210 ... a-slot-wr/

PFF suggesting Isabella is more than just a slot weapon.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..