Donte Moncrief.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Can Sirianni fix Moncrief?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 am

Donte Moncrief ranks among the biggest hype-production mismatches since he entered the league. Sirianni did great work in LA not just with Keenan Allen, but he got a strong season out of Tyrell Williams as well.

Is it possible that Moncrief is finally a value?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Can Sirianni fix Moncrief?

Postby UATahoe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

Interested in this as well with Moncrief on the waiver wire in my league. Only seems relevant though if Luck actually works his way back.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am

UATahoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am Interested in this as well with Moncrief on the waiver wire in my league.
I'm by no means a Moncrief "truther" but how is that even possible when you are rostering someone like Joe Williams? Is your wire locked out right now?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am

skip wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am
UATahoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am Interested in this as well with Moncrief on the waiver wire in my league.
I'm by no means a Moncrief "truther" but how is that even possible when you are rostering someone like Joe Williams? Is your wire locked out right now?
...rookie only taxi squad, maybe?

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

Williams is simply a hedged bet on the RB starter in San Fran assuming Hyde goes elsewhere. Waiver wire is still open.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 am

UATahoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am Williams is simply a hedged bet on the RB starter in San Fran assuming Hyde goes elsewhere. Waiver wire is still open.
Woof. Unless you know somebody in your league is going to pay up for Williams as soon as Hyde signs somewhere else, I'd cut him right meow.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am

Was simply an after season add honestly. now has me wondering if i should drop and roster Moncrief instead. My roster is in desperate need of RB help so i was just taking a stab at a hope and a prayer.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 am

UATahoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am Was simply an after season add honestly. now has me wondering if i should drop and roster Moncrief instead. My roster is in desperate need of RB help so i was just taking a stab at a hope and a prayer.
Starting WR vs hedging a bet on the 3rd (at best) string RB makes no sense to me at all.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am

Talk has pointed to Hyde not returning and Williams was supposedly Shanahan's guy with draft capital behind him. With Breida being an UDFA, just assumed at worst 2nd string with Williams being given a fair opportunity for the starting role in the offseason. That and Indy's future just seems very unpredictable. If Luck is still injured, Moncrief isnt appealing at all. This was my logic.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm

I’ve had Moncrief since a rookie and will continue to hold for awhile. This is the most interesting his situation has ever been imo. Add to that a possible “prove it” deal and we may finally have something here...IF Luck returns healthy

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

UATahoe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am Talk has pointed to Hyde not returning and Williams was supposedly Shanahan's guy with draft capital behind him. With Breida being an UDFA, just assumed at worst 2nd string with Williams being given a fair opportunity for the starting role in the offseason. That and Indy's future just seems very unpredictable. If Luck is still injured, Moncrief isnt appealing at all. This was my logic.
Idk man. Resigning Hyde, signing Crowell/McKinnon/Lewis etc., drafting Guice, Jones, etc. all seem like possibilities. I don't think it's a given that Barkley is gone before their pick, and it's possible they trade up for him. If I owned any shares of Breida I'd be dumping them too.

Not even an indictment against owning Williams, I have him rostered somewhere. Just thinking that odds are Moncrief isn't the absolute best player on your wire, so you might be passing up on somebody better than Williams by hanging on to him. Who knows though- if SF stands pat a RB and lets Hyde walk, you've got yourself somebody valuable. If you liked Williams a lot before the draft, screw it, trust your evaluation. :thumbup:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

I have no problem with someone holding Williams over Moncrief. We've seen what Moncrief can do (or not do in his case), so expectations should be very low. As for Williams, we haven't really seen anything yet, so why not hold for the possible upside or value bump if Hyde indeed does go somewhere else. Both will most likely end up on waivers at some point anyway, but when I'm stashing players, give me the guy with the higher upside.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

I feel like Breida showed enough to warrant a shot at the job and Williams hasnt even had a chance yet due to injury. I think they have potential which is really all i am looking for with a roster stash. Waiver wire is pretty bare for WR or Rb talent, Moncrief was just an intriguing topic of conversation. It may be a mistake but i dont think i believe enough in Moncrief enough honestly.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Yeah, I mean that's cool. I wasn't trying to give you too much crap for stashing Williams. Frankly, if I had to bet I'd bet that neither of them pan out, and looking at your roster it makes a ton more sense to stash RBs.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm

In order for something to be fixed, doesn't mean it at one point worked. When has Moncrief "worked?"
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts