Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm
jcc6fd wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am
Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
It's also awful for the kid. Traumatizing. And the foster care system in this country is hideous, rife with its own problems.

So, yeah. Child protective services aren't keen to take kids from their parents. Ton of incentive to not do it.
jcc6fd wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am
Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
Those aspirations only become null if Mahomes is sidelined.
Especially from a wealthy couple with expensive representation. It is exceedingly rare with those two factors added in.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 am

ninotoreS wrote:
jcc6fd wrote:
Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
It's also awful for the kid. Traumatizing. And the foster care system in this country is hideous, rife with its own problems.

So, yeah. Child protective services aren't keen to take kids from their parents. Ton of incentive to not do it.
jcc6fd wrote:
Agree with you on the foster care front. Didn’t realize just how overwhelmingly bad it was until I did their financial statement audit, and saw just how many kids there were in the system and how few resources they had.

And as a KC fan I hope you’re right, but I wouldn’t under estimate just how much Hill means/meant to KCs offensive dominance. His speed is truly game changing and was a huge contributor in making Mahomes the MVP
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

Weknownothing86
Captain
Captain

Postby Weknownothing86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am

ninotoreS wrote:
jcc6fd wrote:

jcc6fd wrote:
Have to disagree here, they couldnt get to the super bowl with their team at almost full strength, when they had an AFC Championship at home. Going to be very hard to get to and even harder to win one now without Hill, especially if you still believe in the Pats and are a believer in the Browns, Steelers still from the AFC etc. Hill is a dynamic player who was so good he helped two different QBs make it to the playoffs. Kc can still make playoffs but the loss of Hill significantly effects them. Part of what made Mahomes so good was Hill could get open after the play broke down, Mahomes used his scrambling ability to then get the ball to the open Hill. This is a significant loss and I dont think KC any chance at a super bowl now, but ive been wrong before.
Last edited by Weknownothing86 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If i have to explain my screen name to you than you dont understand Fantasy Football.

Weknownothing86
Captain
Captain

Postby Weknownothing86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am

Also as others have pointed out it is common for CPS, DCF or whatever it is called in the state to leave the kids with the parents for a little bit after allegations. The last thing they want to do is put the children in foster care.
If i have to explain my screen name to you than you dont understand Fantasy Football.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am

Weknownothing86 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am
ninotoreS wrote:
jcc6fd wrote:

jcc6fd wrote:
Have to disagree here, they couldnt get to the super bowl with their team at almost full strength, when they had an AFC Championship at home. Going to be very hard to get to and even harder to win one now without Hill, especially if you still believe in the Pats and are a believer in the Browns, Steelers still from the AFC etc. Hill is a dynamic player who was so good he helped two different QBs make it to the playoffs. Kc can still make playoffs but the loss of Hill significantly effects them. Part of what made Mahomes so good was Hill could get open after the play broke down, Mahomes used his scrambling ability to then get the ball to the open Hill. This is a significant loss and I dont think KC any chance at a super bowl now, but ive been wrong before.
All true - but at least KC didn't commit a big chunk of their cap space to Hill before this broke. Can you imagine if they did, then a week or two later this breaks? Yikes. At least now they have options with their WR's. You'd think they'd have to add from the draft big time. Hollywood Brown time?

Weknownothing86
Captain
Captain

Postby Weknownothing86 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:40 am

pvillebiker wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am
Weknownothing86 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am
ninotoreS wrote:

All true - but at least KC didn't commit a big chunk of their cap space to Hill before this broke. Can you imagine if they did, then a week or two later this breaks? Yikes. At least now they have options with their WR's. You'd think they'd have to add from the draft big time. Hollywood Brown time?
They can definitely add someone, but Hill is a special player and i dont think they can just add someone to replace his talent. Hill was perfect for that team. I dont like talking about him personally because i am VERY passionately Anti Hill, no doubt in my mind he did something and should lose his job. I am just commenting on him on the field due to that, there is no doubt that on the field he is something special and was only getting better and would have dominated along with mahomes for at least 7-10 years. A draft pick is still an unknown, so you have that, along with D Williams who we dont know much about, i know some are high on him but will he outproduce hunt? No. And Kelce is getting a bit older so i feel like this teams window is closing. They do have a young Qb who they can build around for a long time but will we see the kind of offensive production without Hill that we saw with Hill? My guess is no and not even close. You also have that Baker and Odell hookup about to happen for the next 4-5 years for sure. Its just so hard to win a super bowl, many teams that are "supposed to win" or "win multiple super bowls" never do. Legion Of Boom was supposed to dominate for a decade, Greatest Show on Turf the same thing. Even the Pats went 10 years of Tom Bradys Freaking prime of not winning a super bowl. Are the Chiefs really ever going to be in the position they were in last year again without Tyreek? Id bet thats definitely not happening
Last edited by Weknownothing86 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 am

I’m very interested to see if they take a WR in one of the early rounds next week. I’m assuming that it’s a strong possibility since they were reports that they were shopping Hill, even before this horrible story broke.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 am

Weknownothing86 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am
Also as others have pointed out it is common for CPS, DCF or whatever it is called in the state to leave the kids with the parents for a little bit after allegations. The last thing they want to do is put the children in foster care.
Absolutely. If it was just Hill, the kid would have been yanked by CPS the second allegations of these type surfaced. As others have mentioned the foster system, CPS, courts, etc. Care very little about the actual welfare of a child. First and foremost, it's a money thing, so the Hills are strong in that department. I know from my personal experience and now with years of donating/volunteering to help both single mothers and fathers, just how horrible the system is in this country. Its laughable what low percentage of cases are actually to help the child and usually the Gov is just figuring their easiest way to a payday. Poor kid.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

Vcize
MVP
MVP

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Last edited by Vcize on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1 (12 team FFPC)
QB: Wentz
RB: Cook, A Jones, Mixon, Kerryon, Hunt, Hill, Drake
WR: OBJ, Lockett, ARob, Woods, ARob, Preston
TE: Howard, Cook, Goedert, Njoku, Knox

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wilson, Dak
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, Enunwa, M Williams, Beasely, Amendola
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Forza_Azzurri
Starter
Starter

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Vcize wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm
So I guess this happened...

https://twitter.com/mbellina9/status/11 ... 5197614082
I amongst the top Tyreek Hill haters, but I have to say, I think that was accidental. He wanted to make the effort look good but accidentally clipped his foot.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1)| DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock, E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, M. Gallup, , J. Ross, Da. Moore
|TE| J. Hollister, M. Gesicki, K. Rudolph, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| S. Richardson, Q. Williams, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, N. Gerry, M. Kendricks, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), D. Cole (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| S. Gilmore, M. Peters, D. Trufant, G. Conley, B. Jones, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1 (x2), #3, #6
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 pm

I agree with above. Wanted to make the run more exciting it looked to me.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:24 pm

In my emphatic opinion, Mahomes had a lot more to do with Hill's fantastic '19 season than Hill had to do with Mahomes'. From '17 to '18, Hill had almost double the TDs, 400+ more yards, over a yard more per reception... new highs in every category while Kelce enjoyed exactly the same thing.

For years, I watched Peyton Manning make Indy's roster a perennial division winner in Indy. Then he had his neck thing, and a locked-in double-digit win team every season instantly became one of the league's worst teams with the backup QB at the helm and practically everything else about the roster the same.

That's the degree to which a game-changing QB carries a team, the degree to which it makes its good players suddenly great, its average players -> good, it's below-average -> average... and Mahomes is clearly a game-changing QB.

Losing Hill would, of course, be terrible for KC.

Still probably gonna be a playoff team, folks.

When Peyton lost Harrison, it didn't really matter. Nor when Brady lost Moss (and Welker). Or when Brees lost Graham... special QBs simply find different players to win with.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Vcize wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm
So I guess this happened...

https://twitter.com/mbellina9/status/11 ... 5197614082
I amongst the top Tyreek Hill haters, but I have to say, I think that was accidental. He wanted to make the effort look good but accidentally clipped his foot.
Well the dad is the one who posted the video and he used the term “real classy”, so to me, the father doesn’t seem to think this was accidental.
10 - Team - PPR
QB - Wilson, Brees
RB - Barkley, Gurley, Mixon, Fournette, Miles Sanders, Darrell Henderson, Armstead, Malcom Brown
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Tyreek Hill, Julio Jones, Hilton, AJ Green, AJ Brown, Preston Williams
TE - Ertz, Hockenson, Goedert,

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 pm

I don’t own Hill in a single league and I can’t imagine it’s any fun having him on your roster at this point. Same with Kareem, who I had a lot of. Takes the fun out of the whole fantasy football experience. Guy in my home league has been the owner of Aaron, Hill and Hunt. Why even play anymore haha.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Will be interesting to see if/when KC addresses the position in the draft.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon