General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

ninotoreS wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

So, now, definitely, Hill is in serious do-do, and (much less importantly) his dynasty owners need to make other plans at WR for 2019, if they can.

Interesting, though, that the child has been removed from Espinal's custody as well. Since she herself filed one (both?) of the police reports. However, Hill and Espinal were hand in hand in front of the press, so I guess I can rule out the potential 'he-said-she-said' element of the situation.

Poor kid.
Important paragraph (although not unexpected):

Records obtained this week show that the NFL requested documents from Overland Park Police on March 12 asking for any relevant information, including photos and 911 calls, regarding Hill, his fiancee and their young son as “it relates to alleged injuries sustained by the couple’s minor child.” The Star first reported the child abuse investigation into Hill on March 15.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 am

ArrylT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am
ninotoreS wrote:
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

So, now, definitely, Hill is in serious do-do, and (much less importantly) his dynasty owners need to make other plans at WR for 2019, if they can.

Interesting, though, that the child has been removed from Espinal's custody as well. Since she herself filed one (both?) of the police reports. However, Hill and Espinal were hand in hand in front of the press, so I guess I can rule out the potential 'he-said-she-said' element of the situation.

Poor kid.
Sounds 10X worse than the AP spanking situation a few years. It doesn't take much to remove a kid while investigators do their work. Too early to judge but it certainly doesn't look good. Don't own him anyplace but this is much bigger than football.

Records obtained this week show that the NFL requested documents from Overland Park Police on March 12 asking for any relevant information, including photos and 911 calls, regarding Hill, his fiancee and their young son as “it relates to alleged injuries sustained by the couple’s minor child.” The Star first reported the child abuse investigation into Hill on March 15.

grandmabetty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheada ... ctive/amp/

Some good information here.

If this takes a long time to play out in the courts I could see the NFL putting him on the exempt list while this gets sorted. Child abuse is about as bad of a PR issue as I can think of
ppr, 10 team, 6 pt all td, 40 man roster QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex (r/w/t), K, IDP
Qb- Kyler Murray, Brees, Roethlisberger, Josh Allen, Cam Newton
RB- Melvin Gordon, Kamara, CMC, Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Mark Walton, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love
WR- Mike Evans, tyreek hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, robert woods,Tyler Boyd, Stills, Paris Campbell, Dionte Johnson, Duke Williams
TE- kelce, hunter henry, Greg Olsen Vance McDonald, Jace Sternberger
DT - Kenny Clark
DE - Demarcus Lawrence,
LB - Joe Schobert, Blake Martinez, Matt Malino, Danny Trevathan,
CB - NONE
S - Landon Collins, John Johnson III, Antoine Bethea

2020 1st rd (2)
2020 2nd rd (2)
2020 3rd (0)
2020 4th (1)
2020 5th (1)

wickerkat1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am
As a Hill owner in multiple leagues, I'm definitely nervous. That said, I've been told by others that CPS mandates vary by state and city, and it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move. I think if you own Hill in dynasty at this point, you have to hold because you're not going to get any offers of value.
Yeah, that's where I stand, too. I really hope it's not serious, for the sake of the boy. But for FF, it's a prayer and a hold.
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay. Amendola, Meredith, Chark
TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
PK—Gostkowski
DEF—Rams, Jags

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 am
ArrylT wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am
ninotoreS wrote:

Poor kid.
Sounds 10X worse than the AP spanking situation a few years. It doesn't take much to remove a kid while investigators do their work. Too early to judge but it certainly doesn't look good. Don't own him anyplace but this is much bigger than football.

I agree, though my definition of "spanking" usually excludes getting whipped in the nuts with a tree branch until they bleed, or with a branch, period. That's just me though.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:42 am

Its definitely dependent on your roster whether you sell Hill at a discount or hold and pray.

If he is your only viable WR you should probably look into selling for some WR depth and picks because the worst case scenario(suspended or banned indefinitely) for you would be really, really bad and possibly devastating to your team for years to come.

But if you have one or multiple other elite WRs you can for sure afford to hold and pray, or buy.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

grandmabetty wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/arrowheada ... ctive/amp/

Some good information here.

If this takes a long time to play out in the courts I could see the NFL putting him on the exempt list while this gets sorted. Child abuse is about as bad of a PR issue as I can think of
This part is fascinating if not paradoxical -

"Tyreek and his fiance are probably somewhere in the adjudication stage. Likely there has been probable cause found that the child was in an unsafe environment or was not properly cared for. The parents are likely going through counseling together, working with the Department to better their parenting, and other similar tasks. When they can show successful completion, they will likely regain physical custody."

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 am

Rotoworld's Tyreek update today. More speculation on likely suspension or outright release.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/8986581

Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
... it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move...
If that were the case, why didn’t they take the kid out of their custody a month ago?

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:29 am

Valhalla wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
... it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move...
If that were the case, why didn’t they take the kid out of their custody a month ago?
No idea. I'm just relaying what others told me. My point was that while this certainly is not good news for Hill, it's also not necessarily the smoking gun that many are making it out to be.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Tevin Coleman, Phillip Lindsay, Benny Snell, Justin Jackson
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Lockett, Michael Gallup, Darius Slayton
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Blake Jarwin | K: Robbie Gould, Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1st, 3rd | 2021 Picks: 1st

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am

Valhalla wrote:
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
Yeah, from my reading state governments don’t just take custody of children for precautionary reasons. I’ve worked with the KVC which is the hospital that has the foster care contract with the state of Kansas. They’re constantly over flowing with displaced kids (to the point that they were housing them in their corporate offices resulting in another interesting/tragic story the KC star broke). Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Valhalla wrote:
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
Apparently the kid was taken into custody "several weeks ago", but local media waited until now to report it when they got confirmation.

More interesting to me is -- the league asked for the police reports and detailed info on the case too, but was only given the "front page of the police reoprt", the same info given to the local media. Sounds like the league is flying blind now too awaiting legal outcome of some sort for next steps.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigatio ... f2d40.html

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:37 pm

pvillebiker wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:22 pm
Valhalla wrote:
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
Apparently the kid was taken into custody "several weeks ago", but local media waited until now to report it when they got confirmation.

More interesting to me is -- the league asked for the police reports and detailed info on the case too, but was only given the "front page of the police reoprt", the same info given to the local media. Sounds like the league is flying blind now too awaiting legal outcome of some sort for next steps.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/investigatio ... f2d40.html

He's in big trouble. I agree that if you have him on your roster as the only viable WR, you need to sell and get a couple of decent if you can find an owner willing to take a chance. But his stock has just plummeted in my opinion
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

GronkosaurusRex
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GronkosaurusRex » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Down to 0 chance u can get anything of value now...

:boohoo:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm

jcc6fd wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am
Point being, they show a lot of discretion before removing a kid from a home because they don’t have the capacity to safely home them in the foster care system.
It's also awful for the kid. Traumatizing. And the foster care system in this country is hideous, rife with its own problems.

So, yeah. Child protective services aren't keen to take kids from their parents. Ton of incentive to not do it.
jcc6fd wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am
Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
Those aspirations only become null if Mahomes is sidelined.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE