Tyreek Hill

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:36 pm

As for off the field stuff, the only thing people know for sure, is what Hill did when his girlfriend/fiancée was pregnant, which was horrendous, everyone agrees. I’m just waiting to hear the whole story on this one, kinda feel like it’s not going to amount to anything just because I feel like they would’ve already charged Hill with something if he indeed broke his child’s arm, this speculation has been going on for several weeks, at this point.

wickerkat1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 am

TODAY

(RotoWire) Hill will be present Monday for the beginning of the Chiefs' voluntary offseason program, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Monday also marks exactly one month since the police investigation of two incidents at Hill's house became public knowledge. The 25-year-old wasn't listed as a suspect on the recent police report, but he was listed on an older report that was closed shortly after the investigation began. Chiefs coach Andy Reid acknowledged last month that the team has discussed potential responses for different outcomes from the ongoing investigation. Hill is entering the final season of his rookie contract.
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Allen, Fitz, Hodges
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, JSamuels, Pollard, Boone, Gaskin
WR—MThomas, Chark, Diggs, Harry, Perriman, Hardman, Butler
TE—Witten, Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Dorsett, Butler, Watson
TE—Waller, Olsen, Thomas, Gesicki
PK—Gostkowski, Prater
DEF—Rams, Jags

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 am

So.. nothing new, in other words.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:22 pm

azthecrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
And then you recall that he beat the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn child a few years back. Take off the tinfoil hat. Hill has long been a scumbag.

azthecrow
Captain
Captain

Postby azthecrow » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Spinkso wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:22 pm
azthecrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
And then you recall that he beat the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn child a few years back. Take off the tinfoil hat. Hill has long been a scumbag.
Tinfoil hat :lol:
Yes, that was a bad thing he did a few years back, no doubt. good point

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Definitely not a good sign that he “temporarily” lost custody of his son.

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Crazy that he could set himself up for something like this after watching the Kareem Hunt situation unfold.

rmacattack6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rmacattack6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Hot Take: Hill will never play another snap in the NFL again.
Team 1: 8 Team Standard Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF

QB - Wilson, Stafford, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB - Chubb, Mack, Ekeler, D.Freeman, Coleman, Cohen, T.Pollard, D.Henderson D.Harris
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Juju, Metcalf, M.Jones, Anderson, Washington, Arcega-Whiteside
TE - Ertz, Howard
K -
DEF -

Team 2: 10 Team PPR Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex

QB - Wilson, Cousins , Brady, Minshew, Luck (holding)
RB - Chubb, D. Freeman, Drake , Coleman, Penny, Ito Smith, D Harris
WR -M. Thomas, Evans, Jeffrey, DJ Moore , Parker, Sanders, Crowder, Miller, Coutee, Sims Jr
TE - Kittle, OJ Howard, Knox

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 pm

rmacattack6 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm
Hot Take: Hill will never play another snap in the NFL again.
I wouldn't doubt it.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 71354.html (just another published report for the same story, in case there's any additional info)

So, now, definitely, Hill is in serious do-do, and (much less importantly) his dynasty owners need to make other plans at WR for 2019, if they can.

Interesting, though, that the child has been removed from Espinal's custody as well. Since she herself filed one (both?) of the police reports. However, Hill and Espinal were hand in hand in front of the press, so I guess I can rule out the potential 'he-said-she-said' element of the situation.

Poor kid.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:02 am

cazzie33 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am
"You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged. "

That is entirely opinion.

matter of fact most any competent legal adviser would advise you to do exactly what they have done … keep your mouth shut & don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Ever heard of your Miranda rights ?? Any lawyer would tell you to use them and not give them the chance to twist your words.

What you want is a PR damage control response. Again there isn't much to be gained as most have already preconceived notions of what Hill is as a human being. Keeping the story alive in the headlines isn't in his future's best interests. Let the story die on it's own and if you're innocent it will come out in the end. Lastly everyone has the right to not air their family dirty laundry in the public forum. You can either respect that or not but they don't owe you or me or even the KC Chiefs a public response. I'm sure they've spoken with the team as they are his employer and are entitled to know if they are going to have another embarrassing outcome. After Hunt lying to them and then a video surfacing I'm sure the Chiefs have done their due diligence on this one.

Agree that his reputation has been damaged by these findings but as far as we know nothing has been proven.
Lawyers issue denials all the time for their clients, they don’t stay silent. Everyone knows the court of public opinion matters these days. I’m with @dm, the silence speaks volumes, while it may be opinion I think applying simple logic leads you to the conclusion that the silence is not a positive indicator for Hill, unless you’re a Hill owner and are trying to convince yourself of something else. I think the new news also supports this, seems like Hill is working through some very challenging personal issues and the real fantasy fallout is yet to come, good job to owners who got ahead of this.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

jenkins.math
Captain
Captain

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:29 am

I said this in another thread, but I have family that are career social workers. I asked them about this and their response was that a child getting removed is very serious and not a good sign at all.

I actually rescinded my offered for Tyreek Hill this morning as I anticipate a very lengthy suspension or his career being over.
14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14, .5 PPR
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Kerryon Johnson, Gus Edwards, Pollard, Brian Hill
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju, Cooks, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, Fitz
TE: Njoku, Jonnu
K: Slye
D/ST: Titans, Eagles
DL: Heyward
LB: Littleton
DB: Bell

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am

Looks pretty bleak at this point. There goes KC’s super bowl aspirations...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am

As a Hill owner in multiple leagues, I'm definitely nervous. That said, I've been told by others that CPS mandates vary by state and city, and it's possible they took the child because in this case both parents are suspects, so it could've been a precautionary move. I think if you own Hill in dynasty at this point, you have to hold because you're not going to get any offers of value.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Tyler Lockett, Darius Slayton
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Dawson Knox, Ian Thomas | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 3.08 | 2021 Picks: 1st