Tyreek Hill

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5095
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Hottoddies wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm
ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm
As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

With this thing with Hill, if the investigation is closed and CPS take no actions, then we all have to presume the child's injury was truly faultless and accusation to the contrary is just a couple squabbling.

When the NFL has taken action in the past, there was concrete evidence of misconduct, whether or not the law decided it was worthy of prosecution. If CPS clears Hill, that'll be strong evidence in his favor that there was no misconduct at all, at least not on his part.
So if a tree falls in a forest and TMZ doesn't get the footage of it, does that mean that it's an upstanding tree?

If a court fails to find someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt doesn't necessarily follow that one is innocent.
some especially lazy straw man right here
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11113
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

dm1129 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm
I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 23-5

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby fruity pebbles » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm
I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Personally think there’s a lot to this. Whether they can prove it or not is the question imo.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am

I couldn't take the waiting game. I sold already. He generally looks to be an unsavory type of person, and so if not this, when will the next thing happen?
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff J. Rosen, J. Flacco

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, T. Quinn, A. Wilson, D. Cain, T. Taylor, R. Higgins, P. Williams, Da Willis

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Da. Williams, R. Penny, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, D. Hilliard, D. Crockett

G. Kittle, M. Andrews

Taxi: D. Lock, R. Armstead, E. Butler, D. Slayton, J. Meyers

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
wickerkat1212
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am

I wouldn't trade FOR HIM, but did that in one league last year, got me 2nd place and $150. I'm holding him for now, just because I gave up a lot to get him, and just crossing my fingers. Obviously, I hope his kid is okay, and safe, wife too.
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay. Amendola, Meredith, Chark
TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
PK—Gostkowski
DEF—Rams, Jags

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 am

Actually just traded for him last year and he helped me win the championship, so I didn't hate shipping him back out quite as much.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff J. Rosen, J. Flacco

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, T. Quinn, A. Wilson, D. Cain, T. Taylor, R. Higgins, P. Williams, Da Willis

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Da. Williams, R. Penny, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, D. Hilliard, D. Crockett

G. Kittle, M. Andrews

Taxi: D. Lock, R. Armstead, E. Butler, D. Slayton, J. Meyers

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:30 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby MickRL » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm
I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Or you can say that the investigation has found nothing. Criminal investigations in cases like this do not take a long time, and every day that he isn't charged decreases the likelihood that he will. DCH cases tend to take between a month and two months, and barring some compelling evidence (the kind which would likely have led to Hill already being arrested and charged) are most likely to end up with a 'no findings' result.
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: C. Newton, J. Winston, W. Grier
RB: K. Johnson, D. Guice, D. Henderson, R. Penny, Da. Harris, D. Lewis, B. Love, D. Foreman, Ty Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Thomas, T. Hill, C. Kirk, D. Hamilton, D. Funchess, J. Crowder, Da. Moore, J. Watson, R. Higgins
TE: D. Goedert, M.Andrews, J. Witten, De. Harris

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 26360
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm curious if Hill still has contact with his son or if he's allowed to see him at all. If he is, chances are there's not a strong case against him. Typically, if you're being investigated by CPS for something that serious, they will take the child away and not give you permission to see the child unsupervised. If that's not the case and he still has some form of custody or sees his son without any supervision, I'd imagine nothing comes of this. If his rights have been taken away, then there's obviously more to it and could lead to more legal troubles. Still waiting to see what happens before I make any judgments.

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby dm1129 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 pm

MickRL wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm
dm1129 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm
I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....
Totally agree. The fact he hasn't been cleared yet tells me there is plenty to this.
Or you can say that the investigation has found nothing. Criminal investigations in cases like this do not take a long time, and every day that he isn't charged decreases the likelihood that he will. DCH cases tend to take between a month and two months, and barring some compelling evidence (the kind which would likely have led to Hill already being arrested and charged) are most likely to end up with a 'no findings' result.
You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged.

cazzie33
Captain
Captain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am

"You entirely missed the point. If Tyreek was completely innocent, he and his agent would have made that clear when this story broke. He is in line for a possibly historic contract for a WR. The notion that they would let him be falsely accused and not respond in public belies
logic. The fact that they remained conspicuously silent speaks volumes. He may not be charged, but that in no way means he is innocent....As a fantasy owner, it would be foolish not to take this into account. His value is permanently damaged. "

That is entirely opinion.

matter of fact most any competent legal adviser would advise you to do exactly what they have done … keep your mouth shut & don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Ever heard of your Miranda rights ?? Any lawyer would tell you to use them and not give them the chance to twist your words.

What you want is a PR damage control response. Again there isn't much to be gained as most have already preconceived notions of what Hill is as a human being. Keeping the story alive in the headlines isn't in his future's best interests. Let the story die on it's own and if you're innocent it will come out in the end. Lastly everyone has the right to not air their family dirty laundry in the public forum. You can either respect that or not but they don't owe you or me or even the KC Chiefs a public response. I'm sure they've spoken with the team as they are his employer and are entitled to know if they are going to have another embarrassing outcome. After Hunt lying to them and then a video surfacing I'm sure the Chiefs have done their due diligence on this one.


Agree that his reputation has been damaged by these findings but as far as we know nothing has been proven.

User avatar
killer_of_giants
Captain
Captain
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am

from https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-ty ... legations/

"On March 5th, police were reportedly called to investigate suspected child abuse or neglect. Three days later, the case was reportedly closed and charges were not brought.

The second incident was on March 14th, but Hill’s name wasn’t mentioned. The incident did take place at Hill’s house, though, and his fiance’s name was listed on it. The incident on March 14th did result in Hill’s son suffering a broken arm but it’s unclear exactly how it happened.
"


some other article (can't find it at the moment) highlights the fact that he was mentioned in the dismissed case, but not in the following (and current) one.

not really sure what it all means, mind you...

User avatar
azthecrow
Captain
Captain
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby azthecrow » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm

I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:26 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby whaley88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Curious how the son received a broken arm in this instance when it shows him in a cast in a picture from earlier in the year I believe from the probowl. It very well could be another broken arm but it definitely adds some cloudiness to the situation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11113
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm

azthecrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
What exactly are you suggesting?
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 23-5

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
azthecrow
Captain
Captain
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby azthecrow » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm
azthecrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I think one could question and wonder why this breaking news story is suspiciously contemporaneous with a potentially huge contract negotiation.
What exactly are you suggesting?
I’m not suggesting anything. Just throwing out some different perspective and talking points. I don’t know anything about this case because nothing has been proven. It is supposedly a big story and many people are wondering why Hill is being so quiet. He’s being quiet because the bigger it becomes the less money he makes. I just think there might be some people looking at a different angle as to what has fueled this, until we actually know the facts.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests