General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:53 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 pm This right here sums everything up perfectly, he knows what he is talking about. I am astounded at the amount of people who don't understand how DV works on here. He did it people. Stop trying to rationalize it or stick up for him because you want to win a championship. This guy is total scum. He showed it once, why is he getting the benefit of the doubt by some people on here? I don't care what the police records say, DV is statistically the hardest crime to get convictions and arrests on for the factors stated above. Like someone said on here "If you heard OJ Simpson killed someone would he get your benefit of the doubt?' No he would not. So why is Hill? He did it. Its that simple.
If anyone ever really want's to get out of jury duty just memorize the quoted post!

Just saying...... Who really cares about Innocent until proven guilty anyway!
He did this before tho so why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Answer that. DV cases cannot be looked at like normal criminal cases, that's the point. The propensity for the victim to cover for the abuser in a DV case is far higher than in any other cases in our criminal justice system. I knew this post would be looked at this way, I expected it. But if you know about DV cases than you will understand my point. The guy has a documented history of DV, he is far higher to commit DV again. He never really got punished for the first incident so what motivation at all is there for him to change? And either way he is scum for doing this the first time and does not get any sort of pass from me on that.
Yes he is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:36 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 pm How did you feel about the PED's shipped to Peyton's house while recovering from neck surgery ?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/n ... 691723002/

Point being that people believe what they want to believe, damn the known facts or in other cases go ahead without known facts and reach a conclusion based on preconceived opinions of a person. Saddam had WMD's was another "proven" fact that cost many lives based on preconceived and manufactured public consent. At least you've got your moniker right 86 . Of course Tyreek's past warrants an investigation when physical abuse may have occurred , just not an automatic conviction.
I never really understood the controversy over Peyton's recovery....if he took HGH to speed up the healing process of a serious neck injury and then was not taking them to pass proper nfl drug screening and wasn't playing while taking HGH then what's the big deal? Why is taking HGH for recovery purposes while out of the league any different than getting stem cell treatment?

I'm not saying its cool to take HGH mid season or every off season

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:36 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 pm How did you feel about the PED's shipped to Peyton's house while recovering from neck surgery ?

Point being that people believe what they want to believe, damn the known facts or in other cases go ahead without known facts and reach a conclusion based on preconceived opinions of a person. Saddam had WMD's was another "proven" fact that cost many lives based on preconceived and manufactured public consent. At least you've got your moniker right 86 . Of course Tyreek's past warrants an investigation when physical abuse may have occurred , just not an automatic conviction.
I never really understood the controversy over Peyton's recovery....if he took HGH to speed up the healing process of a serious neck injury and then was not taking them to pass proper nfl drug screening and wasn't playing while taking HGH then what's the big deal? Why is taking HGH for recovery purposes while out of the league any different than getting stem cell treatment?

Well he was never out of the league, so I don't really understand your point. He was released by the colts, and two weeks later signed with the Broncos.

Are you saying it is ok for athletes to take HGH to recover from injuries during the off-season?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:50 am
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:33 am By "GF," you do mean Espinal, his fiancee, yes? The mother of the child? Just verifying.
I think you know what he meant...
No, I really don't.

Misreporting has been all over the place with this developing situation from day one. I'm done making any presumptions at this point based on loose information.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Oh, and the Peyton Manning nonsense? Folks, it's widely known Manning's wife struggled with fertility for years. The drugs sent to Manning's house really weren't for Peyton.

No PEDs prevented him from throwing ducks one year after coming back in a Broncos jersey. Even year one, it was apparent his throws had lost velocity from his Indy days. Can't find much evidence of PED usage on his tape. Manning relied on rub-routes, pre-snap reads with his fantastic football brain, and a talented and deep pass-catching corps to put up the stats he did in Denver, not his arm-talent. Sherman told the press Peyton was throwing ducks before the Super Bowl, and look what happened -- Denver finally faced a secondary tough enough to bully the rub-routes, and Denver's offense instantly collapsed.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 pm This right here sums everything up perfectly, he knows what he is talking about. I am astounded at the amount of people who don't understand how DV works on here. He did it people. Stop trying to rationalize it or stick up for him because you want to win a championship. This guy is total scum. He showed it once, why is he getting the benefit of the doubt by some people on here? I don't care what the police records say, DV is statistically the hardest crime to get convictions and arrests on for the factors stated above. Like someone said on here "If you heard OJ Simpson killed someone would he get your benefit of the doubt?' No he would not. So why is Hill? He did it. Its that simple.
If anyone ever really want's to get out of jury duty just memorize the quoted post!

While I am all for condemnation if true, +1 here. Placing subjective measurements such as the 'hardest crimes to get convictions for' is just a sloppy justification for a mob mentality. With that said, the latest filings don't look good for Hill, though, and I expect we will have an answer in due time.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

grooner wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Well he was never out of the league, so I don't really understand your point. He was released by the colts, and two weeks later signed with the Broncos.

Are you saying it is ok for athletes to take HGH to recover from injuries during the off-season?
Why not?
Why is it fine for Gurley to get stem cell treatment, yet it’s so frowned upon to take a hormone? It can easily be argued that taking a hormone is not as career enhancing/prolonging as injecting stem cells to regrow cartilage.
The big reason HGH is frowned on is because the league said no to it years ago. They didn’t say “no prolonging your career with stem cells,” so it’s fine. Prolonging with HGH is cheating.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 pm

He did this before tho so why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Answer that. DV cases cannot be looked at like normal criminal cases, that's the point. The propensity for the victim to cover for the abuser in a DV case is far higher than in any other cases in our criminal justice system. I knew this post would be looked at this way, I expected it. But if you know about DV cases than you will understand my point. The guy has a documented history of DV, he is far higher to commit DV again. He never really got punished for the first incident so what motivation at all is there for him to change? And either way he is scum for doing this the first time and does not get any sort of pass from me on that.
If you don’t personally want to give him the benefit of the doubt as a fantasy owner or just as a regular person discussing this case on a message board, that’s totally your prerogative. If you’re suggesting he doesn’t deserve the presumption of innocence or a fair trial from the criminal justice system simply based on his past crimes, that’s a seriously messed up thought process. Regardless, please don’t ever become a cop.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:17 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:44 pm Oh, and the Peyton Manning nonsense? Folks, it's widely known Manning's wife struggled with fertility for years. The drugs sent to Manning's house really weren't for Peyton.

No PEDs prevented him from throwing ducks one year after coming back in a Broncos jersey. Even year one, it was apparent his throws had lost velocity from his Indy days. Can't find much evidence of PED usage on his tape. Manning relied on rub-routes, pre-snap reads with his fantastic football brain, and a talented and deep pass-catching corps to put up the stats he did in Denver, not his arm-talent. Sherman told the press Peyton was throwing ducks before the Super Bowl, and look what happened -- Denver finally faced a secondary tough enough to bully the rub-routes, and Denver's offense instantly collapsed.
That and the Seahawks had figured out his audibles by halftime and knew exactly what play Manning was calling for at the line.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Why not?
Why is it fine for Gurley to get stem cell treatment, yet it’s so frowned upon to take a hormone? It can easily be argued that taking a hormone is not as career enhancing/prolonging as injecting stem cells to regrow cartilage.
The big reason HGH is frowned on is because the league said no to it years ago. They didn’t say “no prolonging your career with stem cells,” so it’s fine. Prolonging with HGH is cheating.
I think you summed up what I was getting at Valhalla. There's been quite a bit of studies on HGH and whether or not it actually enhances your performance on the field is very much so up for debate. If a drug can help quicken the healing process to allow a player to get back on the field in time to start the season without actually enhancing his capabilities as a football player why is that considered such a scandal instead of sitting potentially an entire season recovering? And what I meant by him not being in the league was that it was the off season, he wasn't on the field performing as a QB while simultaneously taking HGH throughout the season.

Andrew luck was in Europe doing who knows what on his shoulder....why in Europe? Probably because whatever experimental bleep it was wasn't approved by the FDA in the States. Gurley is looking into Stem cell treatment to help manage his pain and recovery from a knee issue which you could argue is way more "invasive" than taking a growth hormone to stimulate healing.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... -and-aging

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:08 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 pm

If you don’t personally want to give him the benefit of the doubt as a fantasy owner or just as a regular person discussing this case on a message board, that’s totally your prerogative. If you’re suggesting he doesn’t deserve the presumption of innocence or a fair trial from the criminal justice system simply based on his past crimes, that’s a seriously messed up thought process. Regardless, please don’t ever become a cop.
Literally no one is suggesting that.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:08 pm
M-Dub wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Literally no one is suggesting that.
I hope you’re right. The question above could be interpreted that way, though.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:08 pm Literally no one is suggesting that.
Haven't we seen several outright declarations along the lines of "just accept it, he's guilty!" in this thread? Doesn't the rhetorical question "why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt?" represent a summary presumption of guilt?
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Why not?
I think you summed up what I was getting at Valhalla. There's been quite a bit of studies on HGH and whether or not it actually enhances your performance on the field is very much so up for debate. If a drug can help quicken the healing process to allow a player to get back on the field in time to start the season without actually enhancing his capabilities as a football player why is that considered such a scandal instead of sitting potentially an entire season recovering? And what I meant by him not being in the league was that it was the off season, he wasn't on the field performing as a QB while simultaneously taking HGH throughout the season.

Andrew luck was in Europe doing who knows what on his shoulder....why in Europe? Probably because whatever experimental bleep it was wasn't approved by the FDA in the States. Gurley is looking into Stem cell treatment to help manage his pain and recovery from a knee issue which you could argue is way more "invasive" than taking a growth hormone to stimulate healing.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... -and-aging
Even just a few years ago stem cell procedures were very controversial and not present here in the us. In parts of Europe it was in full blown use at that time. That’s why people were going to Europe. My wife has type 1 diabetes and our best hope of a cure is in Europe or other parts of the world. Nobody say go to gym or go on a diet. Type 1 is not type 2. The us is very slow to adopt these practices due to social and economic pressures that don’t exist in other parts of the world. Let’s get political-litical. Let’s get political-litical :boohoo: :whistle: :dance:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 am

:dance: :whistle: :boohoo: Let’s get political-litical. Let’s get political-litical :dance: :whistle: :boohoo:

Was that the Olivia Newton-John version or the Bill Murray one ?

Good luck to you & your wife in regards to your battle with diabetes.

We are wandering way off the topic arguing the merits of Peyton using HGH . I brought it up to highlight how some people get a predisposed benefit of the doubt but others get crucified over circumstantial evidence. Granted Tyreek has been convicted of physical abuse so it's easier to want to believe the worst. Peyton was in court over misconduct charges in college but his family had the money to fight it in court and have the details sealed as part of the settlement. Hill wasn't as fortunate. Neither should have been able to basically buy their way out of a public embarrassment but that's the way our system works. Now that Tyreek has the money to pay a high profile lawyer don't be surprised when he gets testimony hushed to protect his "integrity" as Manning did.

Hopefully this gets figured out to the benefit of the child and not a rush to appease the public outcry. I would hope that the son would have a father in his life that while not perfect would be able to show him how to rebound from mistakes made in his life. If Tyreek is truly a danger then he forfeits that right. If he made an honest mistake then he needs to be held accountable and required to complete counseling on how to handle situations better. How many here would want their father… or your brother taken away if in a moment of anger he grabbed you or spanked you too hard ? Kids can push you to places you wish you didn't go. Doesn't excuse it but doesn't make you an animal or other things I've seen written . Now if it's intentional or habitual that's a totally different case and should be given a severe punishment. If Hill can't control his force when provoked or angered then he doesn't deserve any leniency. Accidents are going to happen , violence is another thing.