The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:32 pm

jr00027 wrote:I had to start him this week due to injuries and bye weeks. Thank you 19 points!! League rewards return yards. Pretty much got me the win.
I also own him in all my return leagues. He is useful for sure in those leagues
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 pm

I wish we could see what this offense could do without Alex Smith holding it back. Even Nick Foles lit it up on sunday. All Jeremy Maclin owners :wall: :wall:

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Cherokee wrote:
themburns wrote:Hill could be a success with or without Smith. I just know that people seem to see him as fantasy poison. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Hill is garbage. But I think he's got like, top 36 WR upside.
Just 1 minute here... Themburns. Your real name isnt Tyreek by chance, is it?
Nice call themburns, I've been starting him all season (start 5WR, 16teamer). He's currently WR14
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Where's the love? This guy's ceiling is tremendous in PPR if he gets 8-12 touches pg. A lot of us that picked him up off the WW might be reaping some serious rewards in the near future. Does anyone have a link to his W10 touches?

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:21 am

Bruiser wrote:
Cherokee wrote:
themburns wrote:Hill could be a success with or without Smith. I just know that people seem to see him as fantasy poison. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Hill is garbage. But I think he's got like, top 36 WR upside.
Just 1 minute here... Themburns. Your real name isnt Tyreek by chance, is it?
Nice call themburns, I've been starting him all season (start 5WR, 16teamer). He's currently WR14
Thanks, glad to help some people beat their leaguemates to the wire on this guy. Feels like from here they're going to find a way to get him a half dozen touches a game. Gives the KC offense a way to keep so many defenders out of the box.

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:57 am

It is encouraging to see Hill is quickly moving ahead of Conley and Wilson in the KC offensive food chain. He has great big play ability but ultimately you'd have to think his upside is capped by his size. Hard to see him as much more than a speedy slot guy although he does already have a few big plays while playing outside this year. Not sure what to think of Hill long term yet but if he can keep producing/getting increased looks for the remainder of the season he will be hard to ignore as one of the more interesting rookie WR's. As of now he is #3 in receptions, #6 in yardage and #2 in TD's amongst rookie pass catchers

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:13 am

I picked him up during the preseason in both of my leagues and I've absolutely loving what I'm seeing (although I'll admit that it's hard to root for someone with that past). I'm still not yet convinced that he'll be a WR2 going forward, but considering that I invested nothing other than a roster spot in him, it's all gravy. I also haven't had anyone really asking around about him yet, so his perceived value definitely isn't high enough to consider selling yet.

BoltUp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Tyreek Hill

Postby BoltUp » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 pm

I couldn't find a Tyreek Hill thread, so I figured I would make one. This guy has been looking great, although I was worried his potential may be capped by Alex Smith being his QB. However seeing him score 3 different ways tonight proved my thoughts may be wrong. Not to mention on 4th and 10, Alex Smith went to him, and for the game winning TD with the game on the line he went to him. He was highly recruited out of high school, who got his college career derailed by a horrible domestic violence case, which he ultimately plead guilty too.

What are your guys thoughts on his potential, value, and future outlook?
Team A: Orphan Team taken over Sept 2023
12 Team 1 PPR
1QB|1RB|1WR|1TE|3Flex|K|Def|11 Bench
QB: Stroud, Kyler, Carr
RB: Najee, Warren, Perine, A.J. Dillion
WR: London, Pittman, JSN, Shaheed, QJ, Mooney, T Palmer, Bateman, Tillman
TE: Knox, Dulcich
2024 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 3

Team B Year 1 Draft Sept
16 Team 1 PPR IDP
1QB|2RB|2WR|1TE|1FLEX|2DL|2LB|2DB|2DefFLEX|K
QB: Herbert
RB: Najee, Spears, Perine
WR: Olave, London, Puka, J. Reed
TE: Pitts, Everett
DL: J. Carter, W. Anderson, Rousseau
LB: Edmunds, Nwosu
CB: Sauce, Sneed, J Alexander, J Porter
2024 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:18 pm

If your not a contender, I would absolutely sell Hill big time. He's flashing in a prime time game.
Look, he's fast we get it, but he's 5'8" 185 from West Alabama drafted in the 5th round. He'll be a 23 year old second year player in 2017 (for reference Allen Robinson 24 in August 2017 in his 4th NFL season).
Ultimately he needs touches designed for him or big special teams contributions to be FF relevant.
Tell me all the guys who have to have manufactured touches that have been FF relevant? Dexter McCluster, DeAnthony Thomas, Percy Harvin had 3 years of FF relevance then fell off the map (mixture of injuries and teams game planning for him etc), still trying to think of players, none ringing major bells. What about Kenjon Barner? He was a pretty dang good player at Oregon, smaller space player etc, where's he been for FF? I feel like these small speed guys have more busts than hits and I'm unwilling to put my chips on a 5th rounder from West Alabama.

Heck, Tavon Austin was the 8th overall pick and they can't manufacture enough touches/specific plays for him to be fantasy relevant, what makes you think Tyreek Hill is any different? Austin ran 4.34 laser timed at the combine and tyreek hill ran 4.24 hand timed at his pro day. I believe the standard error for hand timed 40s is somewhere in the neighborhood of up to a tenth of a second. So Tyreek and Tavon are the same speed basically in electronic versus hand timed.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:28 pm

HawkeyeState wrote: Ultimately he needs touches designed for him or big special teams contributions to be FF relevant.
This is how I felt about him at the beginning of the season but I am starting to come around to the idea that he could become more of a true WR in the Cooks type of mold. Obviously he has a lot of work to do and age is a concern (although that really isn't a huge factor to me) but the more I watch him the more I feel as though he has a lot more route running/ball skills than he gets credit for because his size/speed and jet sweep plays screams gadget player. If the Chiefs pick up a QB that can throw a competent deep ball I think its possible he becomes a legitimate all around threat and a reliable fantasy asset.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Bumping this after a game where Hill had a rushing TD, receiving TD, and return TD. First since Gale Sayers to pull that off. I wanted off this guy for character concern reasons but now, not really feeling the same way. I would need an overpay, like a mid 1st value to get out. As long as Smith is the starter in KC, Hill will have startable value for his ability to create separating swiftly. And for a converted RB, he's very efficient as well, catching 80% of his targets on the year.

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Postby Denver724 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:08 am

He's no gimmick. Will become a true #1. Just watch tonight's game. Can do it all.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:23 am

Denver724 wrote:He's no gimmick. Will become a true #1. Just watch tonight's game. Can do it all.
I don't know that he can ever be a "true WR1", as the list of WR1s with his bodytype & style is basically OBJ, Antonio Brown, and maybe Brandin Cooks, if you consider Cooks a WR1

BUT: I think Hill might be for real. He's listed at 5-10, 185 which certainly isn't in the mold of a traditional WR1, but that's not unheard of for a bodytype like his to be a WR producer. He looks like a legit elite jitterbug out there. At the very least I think it's fair to say he is what we thought the kid from the Seahawks would be this year.

As far as his draft stock and alma mater, he transferred from Oklahoma State and later fell in the draft due to a domestic abuse incident, not because he wasn't good. Now don't get me wrong, that is a legit red flag. And if he truly is a bad dude, then the DV concern may outweigh a lack of elite talent, but I just felt that it should be clarified.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 am

When he was in college I thought he was gimmicky. Until I saw him play. Got to see him up close in one of his games when he was with Oklahoma State. He stood out on a field with multiple future NFL players. Definitely was thicker/stronger than I thought he would be.

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:04 am

I think the upside for Hill is that he's a freak athlete with blazing speed we all saw on the free kick return and his rushing TD. He has hands and can catch we saw that on his goal line TD last night and throughout the season. His upside on the Chiefs is their overall lack of firepower with Charles and Maclin down. I don't se Maclin continuing being anything very relevant kinda like how Dwayne Bowe kinda just died out. Hill is their explosive playmaker and Reid knows how to utilize that in every way. He will get his touches I'm sure of that.

His downside is that he is one of those players that could be a glorified Devin Hester, Tavon Austin, Tyler Lockett. I do see his massive upside potential and I picked him up off waivers earlier this year. I see an Antonio Brown full ceiling because he plays that way but his floor is Devin Hester who is not fantasy relevant at all but is still a useful piece in the Chiefs offense overall.