General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Huh
Starter
Starter

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Huh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:44 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 pm
zoster80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm This is a joke, how can they not charge both adults who were there?
If the police find you and your best friend in a room with a dead body and have no conclusive evidence, they can't just charge both of you with murder...ya know, the whole innocent until proven guilty thing that's stated in the Constitution?

Realistically speaking, it's very possible that the fiance is protecting Hill because he is her meal ticket and/or she loves him and believes he can change. That said, unless CPS finds something conclusive in their investigation, there will likely be no criminal charges. Of course, lack of conclusive evidence has never stopped Goodell from suspending players (see Elliott, Ezekiel), so it's still possible Hill could miss a few games this season.
Uhm, if you and your buddy are found in a room with a murder victim and one of you did it, but the police can’t tell who you can be damn sure you will both be charged with something serious. They won’t just let you guys go because they don’t know who did, at the very least you are both accomplices.
Correct. This such an odd case. If the kid was beaten somebody did it. Keep digging. This might be a bit dramatic, but I feel like this is going to be a long story where somebody ends up dead at the end and nobody is going to be surprised. Keep buying those hill jerseys.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Other people have probably already said this, but just to throw my opinion on the pile:

With the district attorney explicitly declaring to the public he thinks a crime occurred, that probably guarantees Hill gets suspended by the league. I'm guessing that's enough for the league to justify discipline. And the fans of 31 of 32 teams probably want there to be a suspension, so there's also that PR angle to consider.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:19 pm

The absolutely bonkers part of this to me us that less than a year removed from the Hunt thing, while they are still waist freeking deep in this Tyreek thing, the Chiefs tripled down on players with DV in their past by trading for Frank Clark and signing him to a huge contract.

Maybe Clarks incident was a one time thing and he was truly remorseful, and has honestly made changes. But even if that's true how can the Chiefs afford to take that chance?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 pm Other people have probably already said this, but just to throw my opinion on the pile:

With the district attorney explicitly declaring to the public he thinks a crime occurred, that probably guarantees Hill gets suspended by the league. I'm guessing that's enough for the league to justify discipline.
One reporter says, "in other words, someone hurt this child and you don't know who did it?" DA responds, "That's correct"

Yeah, I think the league is going to suspend him. It's a bad look for them, and this seems to be a case of the woman covering for Hill, because she's on the way with kids 2 and 3. If she opens her mouth, he's going to jail, and she's a single mother with 3 kids. Sad.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Hmmm, DA up for re-election next year, interesting, decides to let someone else do the dirty work.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:32 pm

He should get something similar to what Peterson got for whipping/spanking his son. There’s no telling though with Goodell as commissioner.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:56 pm This is all sad but fascinating at the same time. Sad for the human aspect, no doubt. Fascinating from how his Dynasty value remains in massive limbo. I'd love to acquire the talent, but there is so much risk here that it just makes sense to stay away. $100 million dollar talent, 2 cent brain is as true as it gets here.
considering the fact he's most likely a bleep bleep, i can easily do without the headache.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Smoking Guns wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:33 pm Hmmm, DA up for re-election next year, interesting, decides to let someone else do the dirty work.
If the DA were worried about upsetting Chiefs fans (i.e. voters), then he wouldn't be going on public record declaring his belief that a crime was committed.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:41 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 pm
Smoking Guns wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:33 pm Hmmm, DA up for re-election next year, interesting, decides to let someone else do the dirty work.
If the DA were worried about upsetting Chiefs fans (i.e. voters), then he wouldn't be going on public record declaring his belief that a crime was committed.
I think a suspension is imminent. A lot of families are NFL fans, and this has a sour taste. The DA were diplomatic but they know it went down, pretty much, from what I gathered. Hunt is a creep, and I have never been willing to roster him. Not even for a 3rd round rookie pick, on principal. It a Fantasy game, and I can't cheer for a guy like that. Won't do it. If he did this, I hope he gets what's been coming to him. That poor kid. His life is going to be an uphill (no pun intended) battle from here.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 am

What did AP get a whole year suspension for using s switch? How does hill not get at least that if not more?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 am

It's obviously worth noting that Peterson had been indicted when he was suspended.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:56 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 pm
zoster80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm This is a joke, how can they not charge both adults who were there?
If the police find you and your best friend in a room with a dead body and have no conclusive evidence, they can't just charge both of you with murder...ya know, the whole innocent until proven guilty thing that's stated in the Constitution?

Realistically speaking, it's very possible that the fiance is protecting Hill because he is her meal ticket and/or she loves him and believes he can change. That said, unless CPS finds something conclusive in their investigation, there will likely be no criminal charges. Of course, lack of conclusive evidence has never stopped Goodell from suspending players (see Elliott, Ezekiel), so it's still possible Hill could miss a few games this season.
In some cases they take it to grand jury and they see evidence and make a determination. Also I know of a case where there were drugs in a car. Neither of the guys took responsibility and both got charged. Once people are charged and see what the consequences are that gets people suddenly remembering the truth. You have both parents facing time, I’m sure truth would come out.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am

Tyreek Hill needs to be extremely careful. It appears that the DA thinks Hill or Espinal injured the kid. I'm going to assume Hill based on his past. He is going to be watched so closely by police now. They don't like when a crime has been committed, they know who did it, but cant prosecute due to lack of evidence. I wont be shocked if he gets pulled over for speeding this year and they search his car in the hope they find something illegal to arrest him on.

I feel like Hill owners dodged a major bomb, but I think its only a matter of time before he catches a charge of some kind. If he is acting this recklessly without a big contract, what happens if he gets a big signing bonus from someone?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:48 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am Tyreek Hill needs to be extremely careful. It appears that the DA thinks Hill or Espinal injured the kid. I'm going to assume Hill based on his past. He is going to be watched so closely by police now. They don't like when a crime has been committed, they know who did it, but cant prosecute due to lack of evidence. I wont be shocked if he gets pulled over for speeding this year and they search his car in the hope they find something illegal to arrest him on.

I feel like Hill owners dodged a major bomb, but I think its only a matter of time before he catches a charge of some kind. If he is acting this recklessly without a big contract, what happens if he gets a big signing bonus from someone?
You're not wrong. I JUST traded for him, but if things quiet down, and there is no/minor suspension, and he plays really well, I may try to move him. Agree it's a ticking time bomb.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:54 am

With the DA's announcement I can definitely see Hill being suspended for a decent portion of this year. And then during free agency needing to sign a small prove it deal, or possibly not even getting a deal done depending on where things go.

Certainly a big risk to bring him on imo.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07