The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am

I'll say that he could end up being KC's next Dante Hall. But he could be more. I own him, but would move him for a decent price.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:15 am

It's easy to say he's an easy sell, but I own him in both of my leagues and haven't had a single nibble of interest in him yet. So it seems like most people still aren't believers in him at all, which leaves me no choice but to hold until he garners some actual interest.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 am

I believe Hill is more along the lines of Cooks then anyone else. As much as anyone wants to say that Cooks or Hill is a WR1 I find it incredibly hard to give them that label. On Hill's value to date, I believe it's at an all-time high as we speak. I'd be selling no matter what the current state of your team is. Those type of players are too inconsistent for my blood.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:37 am

HawkeyeState wrote:If your not a contender, I would absolutely sell Hill big time. He's flashing in a prime time game.
Look, he's fast we get it, but he's 5'8" 185 from West Alabama drafted in the 5th round. He'll be a 23 year old second year player in 2017 (for reference Allen Robinson 24 in August 2017 in his 4th NFL season).
Ultimately he needs touches designed for him or big special teams contributions to be FF relevant.
Tell me all the guys who have to have manufactured touches that have been FF relevant? Dexter McCluster, DeAnthony Thomas, Percy Harvin had 3 years of FF relevance then fell off the map (mixture of injuries and teams game planning for him etc), still trying to think of players, none ringing major bells. What about Kenjon Barner? He was a pretty dang good player at Oregon, smaller space player etc, where's he been for FF? I feel like these small speed guys have more busts than hits and I'm unwilling to put my chips on a 5th rounder from West Alabama.

Heck, Tavon Austin was the 8th overall pick and they can't manufacture enough touches/specific plays for him to be fantasy relevant, what makes you think Tyreek Hill is any different? Austin ran 4.34 laser timed at the combine and tyreek hill ran 4.24 hand timed at his pro day. I believe the standard error for hand timed 40s is somewhere in the neighborhood of up to a tenth of a second. So Tyreek and Tavon are the same speed basically in electronic versus hand timed.
This. These type of players have way too low of a floor for me. I need some baseline reliability game in and game out. I was offered him and a 2nd for a first today. Responded, "Ha! No. Didn't think you had Jeremy Hill on your roster, then saw who you meant. Good luck, don't want to take a good find off your hands!"
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Postby Denver724 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:52 am

ImaRounder wrote:I believe Hill is more along the lines of Cooks then anyone else. As much as anyone wants to say that Cooks or Hill is a WR1 I find it incredibly hard to give them that label. On Hill's value to date, I believe it's at an all-time high as we speak. I'd be selling no matter what the current state of your team is. Those type of players are too inconsistent for my blood.
Personally, I think he has way more upside than Cooks. Hill is very raw and is still learning the position. Him catching the go ahead TD on a slant was very encouraging. Not just a speed guy (but that is also part of his game). I think the sky is the limit.

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:15 am

He could end up as a low floor gadget player (a la Tavon Austin) but the fact is he has shown legit NFL production as a rookie, is improving and becoming a larger part of the offense every week and has made some big, prime time plays. Maybe he doesn't have a WR1 ceiling but who cares? He is hauling in 80% of his targets (best among WRs this year if you count Ty Montgomery as a RB) which has provided him with a decent floor. As long as the volume is there I don't see why he can't be a reliable asset. The reason Tavon Austin isn't a good fantasy play is because he really just isn't a very good WR, not his size/speed archetype. I am not moving him unless someone overpays. I don't see any reason to jump ship for anything less than an early 2nd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:18 am

He could be a poor man's version of Desean Jackson for Reid, but I tend to think he's a gadget player.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Wow - people refuse to believe what they see. Hill is what the Chiefs wanted out of DeAnthony Thomas (an offensive weapon) and is everything Tavon should have been. He is winning in so many different ways and has been so efficient with his limited, albeit growing opportunities, that his floor appears to get higher every week when they're adding in touches from the back field.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:23 pm

I bet I can guess who added Hill from waivers and now is building their team around him based on reading this thread.

Liking a 5th round pick who strangled his ex over Cooks hahaha
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Neight wrote:I bet I can guess who added Hill from waivers and now is building their team around him based on reading this thread.

Liking a 5th round pick who strangled his ex over Cooks hahaha
What does that have to do with anything??
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:54 am

People have such a recency bias when it comes to fantasy football. tyreek hill is the flavor of the week.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:05 am

thebeast wrote:Wow - people refuse to believe what they see. Hill is what the Chiefs wanted out of DeAnthony Thomas (an offensive weapon) and is everything Tavon should have been. He is winning in so many different ways and has been so efficient with his limited, albeit growing opportunities, that his floor appears to get higher every week when they're adding in touches from the back field.
He's similar to what Tavon was last season.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:11 am

ImaRounder wrote:People have such a recency bias when it comes to fantasy football. tyreek hill is the flavor of the week.
Yeah.

wk 4 - 13.2 pts
wk 5 - bye
wk 6 - 4 pts
wk 7 - 13.1 pts
wk 8 - 21.5 pts
wk 9 - 6.2 pts
wk 10 -20.1 pts
wk 11 - 10.1 pts
wk 12 - 26.5 pts

So if you mean the flavor of the year then sure. But go ahead and keep dismissing a guy who is producing and becoming more and more involved in the offense.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
thebeast wrote:Wow - people refuse to believe what they see. Hill is what the Chiefs wanted out of DeAnthony Thomas (an offensive weapon) and is everything Tavon should have been. He is winning in so many different ways and has been so efficient with his limited, albeit growing opportunities, that his floor appears to get higher every week when they're adding in touches from the back field.
He's similar to what Tavon was last season.
He's producing more than Tavon this year and he's a rookie and Tavon is in his 4th year so I don't get the comparison. Even if their number were similar last year, Tavon was in his third year. Tavon is a gadget player, Hill is beating guys on go route, crossing routes, gadget plays, in every way.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 am

week 1- 1 rec
week 2 - 2
week 3 - 3
week 4 - 5
week -5- 2
week 6 - 1
week 7 - 5
week 8 - 3
week 9- 10
week 10 - 4
week 11 - 9

producing what? getting more involved because Maclin is out, Charles is out, Ware is showing signs of concussion, and Defenses have started to key in on Kelce. yes more and more involved is alluding to my point, recency. good luck with hill.