The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

IF this is true, it will cost him 100 million dollars. Geez. This is why I do not invest in these types of players, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Why you gotta eff it all up, Tyreek.

If this turns out to be worst case scenario, Kelce is gonna get like 180 targets this year. And Sam Watkins' career decline could be dramatically reversed. And Damien Williams could threaten for 70+ catches. Whoa boy. Lotta potential fantasy fallout.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd imagine this would be it. He's already had his second chance by virtue of being in the league.

"Changed man" my @ss.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm Why you gotta eff it all up, Tyreek.

If this turns out to be worst case scenario, Kelce is gonna get like 180 targets this year. And Sam Watkins' career decline could be dramatically reversed. And Damien Williams could threaten for 70+ catches. Whoa boy. Lotta potential fantasy fallout.
Yep. This will hurt the offense, as an NFL unit. No doubt about it.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm

They'd still live by Mahomes' arm, though. Their defense needs too much work to be revitalized in one offseason, I think.
Dookmariot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm "Changed man" my @ss.
Let's wait to see how it turns out before getting the pitchforks. It looks real bad, but no charges yet. So that's a thing. :pray:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm They'd still live by Mahomes' arm, though. Their defense needs too much work to be revitalized in one offseason, I think.
Dookmariot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm "Changed man" my @ss.
Let's wait to see how it turns out before getting the pitchforks. It looks real bad, but no charges yet. So that's a thing. :pray:
Fair enough, but there is a lot of smoke here. Adding sickening abuse of a child to already documented sickening abuse of a pregnant woman? If it's true he should at minimum be done with football if the NFL makes any pretence to decency.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm

TMZ Sports has obtained a report from the Overland Police Dept. filed on March 5 in Kansas which lists Hill as a person "involved" in a child abuse/neglect case.

There's another person named as an "involved" party, Crystal Espinal -- the mother of Hill's child.

Neither person is listed as a suspect on the police report.

There is a note on the report that the case was "closed/cleared" and "prosecution declined" on March 8.

Another police report filed on March 14 does NOT list Tyreek -- but names Espinal as an "involved person" in a battery case involving a juvenile victim.

Again, no details and Hill is NOT listed as a suspect.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Sold Tyreek last offseason for the 2018 1.02 (Guice) and a 2019 1st. Then Guice got hurt, Tyreek went off again and the guy I traded him to beat me in the semifinals, making that pick the 1.11 this year. I’ve been regretting that trade for nearly a year. Today, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Holding Sammy the whole time is just the cherry on top.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm

“In light of recent incident involving Tyreek Hill, the Kareem Hunt suspension has been reduced to 2 games.”

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm

I should add the primary concern should be the welfare of the kid. This is horrific stuff, and whoever did it - Tyreek or someone else - should go to jail for a long time.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Nothing may come of this, but I think it will give the Chiefs real pause on his contract, or a potential clause in the contract that it can be voided if such incidents occur.

Any way you slice it, this hurts his Dynasty Value. Can't really put him in the same tier as similar WR's with this cloud always looming over his head.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm

It's possible the kid broke his own arm while under Hill's care. Athletic kids play hard. I broke my wrist crashing my bike, hurdling over the handlebars at the pavement (better the wrist than my face). You know, it happens. People are right to investigate, though. Ofc.

edit: wait, how old is the kid?

edit 2: Oh, he's only 3 years old. That's bad. How does a quasi-toddler break their arm?

edit 3: It is plausible to me that Espinal supports Hill with whatever narrative is necessary because he's at risk of losing a 9-digit payday that'll set them both for life, and that's partly why prosecutors gave up (e.g. lack of evidence?). The league office won't be as easily dissuaded.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Tyreek Hill #1 Dynasty Receiver

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Ahmangreen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 am Traded obj for hill and hunt before the season started last year. Was looking very good before hunts suspension, but even if hunt never plays again I’ll be fine with hill over obj.
oops

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm

Hill needs to banned from the NFL. Anything short of that would be complete hypocrisy and letting a monster stay on the field for his talent. He should be in jail.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:52 pm

oof
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE