The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Crazy that he could've been one of the highest paid WRs in the game. Imagine the future that could've been provided for his family with that kind of contract.

And whoever did what they did to his son....they pissed it all away within a matter of seconds, possibly because of some P.O.S.-level anger issues? So the kid is acting up & refuses to eat.....Put him in his room for time-out rather than grab him by the arm. Or whatever happened. A very avoidable situation with long term consequences.

Crazy too that his 'fiance' is pregnant with twins. If Tyreek was indeed the abuser, hopefully she can bolt with custody & find a better life.

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm

This is a joke, how can they not charge both adults who were there? The evidence of the crime is the child's broken arm which unless they made up a story of how he fell or something, they both have a responsibility unless one of them says they explicitly saw the other person do it. I feel sorry for the kid.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:02 pm

No collusion! Complete exoneration! Oh wait.... wrong forum....

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm Crazy that he could've been one of the highest paid WRs in the game. Imagine the future that could've been provided for his family with that kind of contract.

And whoever did what they did to his son....they pissed it all away within a matter of seconds, possibly because of some P.O.S.-level anger issues? So the kid is acting up & refuses to eat.....Put him in his room for time-out rather than grab him by the arm. Or whatever happened. A very avoidable situation with long term consequences.

Crazy too that his 'fiance' is pregnant with twins. If Tyreek was indeed the abuser, hopefully she can bolt with custody & find a better life.
(If he's guilty) He's like Josh Gordon in that he can't get out of his own way. Difference is Hill will likely still be playing in the NFL after committing far worse crimes than Gordon ever did. Life isn't fair sometimes.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 pm

zoster80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm This is a joke, how can they not charge both adults who were there?
If the police find you and your best friend in a room with a dead body and have no conclusive evidence, they can't just charge both of you with murder...ya know, the whole innocent until proven guilty thing that's stated in the Constitution?

Realistically speaking, it's very possible that the fiance is protecting Hill because he is her meal ticket and/or she loves him and believes he can change. That said, unless CPS finds something conclusive in their investigation, there will likely be no criminal charges. Of course, lack of conclusive evidence has never stopped Goodell from suspending players (see Elliott, Ezekiel), so it's still possible Hill could miss a few games this season.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:24 pm

bigcsr67 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:02 pm No collusion! Complete exoneration! Oh wait.... wrong forum....
Jussie Hill :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok thats my joke for the day. Im out. Tyreek is scum of the earth. My blood pressure is going up just thinking about this whole thing. For anyone who doesnt know about CPS, DCF etc. These are the kinds of issues they come across constantly. It is sadly such a broken system. And foster care is sometimes even worse than the kids being with these parents. Its all just one sad nightmare.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Goodell can do whatever he wants, like a few said. He gave Zeke 6 games, just because they saw a pattern of disturbing behavior or whatever BS they claimed. Meanwhile, guys like Reuben Foster has had multiple arrests and he’s still in the league, M.Kendricks was charged with insider trading and he’s still in the league. Who knows what Hill will get, if anything? Personally, I’ve traded one share of Hill and planning on trading the other shares, as soon as I can get a halfway decent deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:48 pm

I think it's highly likely the NFL will suspend Hill, with the news the DA believes a crime occurred, but with no charges, the Chiefs may now keep him, whereas if he was charged, he would have almost certainly been cut. I don't think the Chiefs will extend him now, however. I believe he is on his last year of his contract. They may opt to use the franchise tag, or be done with him at the end of the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 pm Regardless of suspension, Hill won't find his way back on any of my rosters.
This. I sold low and couldn't be happier whether or not he is ever suspended.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm

I wonder if defenders will take it upon themselves to "administer justice". Vontaze Burflict perhaps? Maybe they'll exclaim "child abuser" as they flatten him with extra force & vigor. Kinda like when rapists end up in prison

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:53 pm

I would be surprised if Hill plays a single game this season. The court of law is innocent until proven guilty but all the NFL needs to hear is that one of Hill or his Fiance broke a child's arm and that's enough evidence for a very lengthy suspension.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I don't see how the Chiefs keep Hill after this. DA basically said one of the parents did it. As in broke a kid's arm. It's obvious who the more likely parent is - i.e. the one who's abused the other one while they were pregnant. Speculation yes, but I don't think he can survive that cloud of suspicion hanging over him with his history of violence already established.

The league has got to be applying big time pressure to the Chiefs to handle this on their own - fresh off the Kareem Hunt episode. KC would be way better off getting out in front of this and just kicking that guy's child-abusing bleep to the curb. Not a good look for the Chiefs or the league.

I'm betting the Chiefs outright release Hill soon. You heard it here 1st!

Either that or the Josh Gordon treatment - deactivate him while he gets "the help he needs". Even that grows more untenable by the hour...

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:12 pm I don't see how the Chiefs keep Hill after this. DA basically said one of the parents did it. As in broke a kid's arm. It's obvious who the more likely parent is - i.e. the one who's abused the other one while they were pregnant. Speculation yes, but I don't think he can survive that cloud of suspicion hanging over him with his history of violence already established.

The league has got to be applying big time pressure to the Chiefs to handle this on their own - fresh off the Kareem Hunt episode. KC would be way better off getting out in front of this and just kicking that guy's child-abusing bleep to the curb. Not a good look for the Chiefs or the league.

I'm betting the Chiefs outright release Hill soon. You heard it here 1st!

Either that or the Josh Gordon treatment - deactivate him while he gets "the help he needs". Even that grows more untenable by the hour...
I agree with you in principle, but think that the Chiefs value Hill enough to fight to keep him and the NFL values the high flying nature of the Chiefs offense and future face of the NFL Mahomes to take Hill away from them for longer than 8ish games. So I am guessing 8 game suspension.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:56 pm

This is all sad but fascinating at the same time. Sad for the human aspect, no doubt. Fascinating from how his Dynasty value remains in massive limbo. I'd love to acquire the talent, but there is so much risk here that it just makes sense to stay away. $100 million dollar talent, 2 cent brain is as true as it gets here.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:21 pm
zoster80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:42 pm This is a joke, how can they not charge both adults who were there?
If the police find you and your best friend in a room with a dead body and have no conclusive evidence, they can't just charge both of you with murder...ya know, the whole innocent until proven guilty thing that's stated in the Constitution?

Realistically speaking, it's very possible that the fiance is protecting Hill because he is her meal ticket and/or she loves him and believes he can change. That said, unless CPS finds something conclusive in their investigation, there will likely be no criminal charges. Of course, lack of conclusive evidence has never stopped Goodell from suspending players (see Elliott, Ezekiel), so it's still possible Hill could miss a few games this season.
Uhm, if you and your buddy are found in a room with a murder victim and one of you did it, but the police can’t tell who you can be damn sure you will both be charged with something serious. They won’t just let you guys go because they don’t know who did, at the very least you are both accomplices.