The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am Sorry to anyone who doesn't want to rush to judgement , I kind of get it, its how it should be, we should be patient but this scumbag doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. All of this screams a typical DV case. If you know about Domestic Violence EVERYTHING about this case is typical. Someone calls police or reports about a kid, the non abuser (In this case Spinal) covers it up for multiple reasons (they are scared, they wont be financially supported, they actually think the guy will change, etc etc) cops cant prove anything without video and case gets dropped. I don't care if his name isn't on the report, that doesn't mean a damn thing in these cases. Cops could have been called and when they got there Spinal covered for him, it is unfortunately what many victims of DV do until they have the strength to leave. This guy should have never been in the league to begin with, then he becomes a huge star without having to pay any consequences, there is no possible way he "changed"
I don't think I could have possibly said this better. Both of my children had fractures before age 4. A police report was never involved. Children Services was never notified. When there is smoke, there is fire. Especially when you have already demonstrated the behavior. We will likely never know the truth as she will protect him out of fear/financial reasons, but too many red flags that something bad happened here for me.
Thirded. Well put, both of you.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm

So just for some added insight on twitter, none of which is good for Tyreek.

1) The guy who originally broke the story is claiming that Tyreek himself is under direct police investigation. It's not just an investigation of an incident in general that Tyreek may or may not have been involved in. The investigation is targeting Tyreek directly.

2) The godparents of Tyreek's son seem to be implying that people within the family have told them Tyreek likely broke the kid's arm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_JRobinso ... page%3D121
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyreek Hill #1 Dynasty Receiver

Postby TampaBay216 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Not looking too good for Hill rn. RIP
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Ahmangreen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 am Traded obj for hill and hunt before the season started last year. Was looking very good before hunts suspension, but even if hunt never plays again I’ll be fine with hill over obj.
:wtf: :doh:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm So just for some added insight on twitter, none of which is good for Tyreek.

1) The guy who originally broke the story is claiming that Tyreek himself is under direct police investigation. It's not just an investigation of an incident in general that Tyreek may or may not have been involved in. The investigation is targeting Tyreek directly.

2) The godparents of Tyreek's son seem to be implying that people within the family have told them Tyreek likely broke the kid's arm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_JRobinso ... page%3D121
Wow. If this is legit, the guy should be out of the league. I mean, the Chiefs should cut him, and nobody should touch him, regardless of the length of suspension. He's had his chance.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Who knows what's true at this point but...…..I could see a guy like Hill getting frustrated that a little kid he's never around didn't listen to him and he yanked the kid's arm trying to get the kid to do something. Not saying it's true, but that's unfortunately not a hard situation to imagine.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Wow. I hadn't seen the reports until now. He's not a suspect but he was a suspect in an earlier incident where charges weren't pressed?

NFL can suspend players even when no arrest is made or charges are brought for domestic violence. Surely that applies to abuse of minors as well...???
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm

ajf235 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm Hill needs to banned from the NFL. Anything short of that would be complete hypocrisy and letting a monster stay on the field for his talent. He should be in jail.
Already a monster for beating his pregnant girlfriend. Beating a kid is even more pathetic and disgusting. Minimum 1 year suspension. I would be happy to see even more than that...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm Btw, the situation with Mixon was not as rosy as some of you suggest.

IIRC, he made advances on the woman, possibly of a sexual nature, and she rejected him, possibly using racial language, and then he punched her and broke her jaw.
I wasn't suggesting it wasn't bad. Just suggesting since it was a woman Mixon could completely remove from his life and never see again it's lot easier to have faith he can learn from that mistake from his past and move on and not repeat. Hill on the other hand beat his baby momma, the same women he is still with today. Sounds like a toxic relationship if they are still together and it made it all the more likely to happen again.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 pm Wow. I hadn't seen the reports until now. He's not a suspect but he was a suspect in an earlier incident where charges weren't pressed?

NFL can suspend players even when no arrest is made or charges are brought for domestic violence. Surely that applies to abuse of minors as well...???
He's is the suspect. He's being investigated, supposedly. Godparents were supposedly involved, and so is child services. He is the one currently being investigated, from what I've read. Police reports were made earlier, they aren't the whole story, or up to date on what's going on, apparently.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm Btw, the situation with Mixon was not as rosy as some of you suggest.

IIRC, he made advances on the woman, possibly of a sexual nature, and she rejected him, possibly using racial language, and then he punched her and broke her jaw.
I wasn't suggesting it wasn't bad. Just suggesting since it was a woman Mixon could completely remove from his life and never see again it's lot easier to have faith he can learn from that mistake from his past and move on and not repeat. Hill on the other hand beat his baby momma, the same women he is still with today. Sounds like a toxic relationship if they are still together and it made it all the more likely to happen again.
I had to go back and watch the Mixon video again just to make sure I wasn’t misremembering anything. She very clearly shoves him and slaps him before he punches her. This thread is the first I’ve read of her spitting on him, but by most accounts, she was also drunk and belligerent and called him the n-word. I have no problem drawing a distinction between something being understandable and something being justified. I don’t think Mixon was justified in knocking her out, but if the accounts of her behavior are accurate, I certainly understand why he did it. With Tyreek, I can’t even understand it. I understand that your significant other and/or your children can sometimes really get under your skin, but I can’t fathom actually beating them up or breaking their arm.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm
Titans95 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 pm

I had to go back and watch the Mixon video again just to make sure I wasn’t misremembering anything. She very clearly shoves him and slaps him before he punches her. This thread is the first I’ve read of her spitting on him, but by most accounts, she was also drunk and belligerent and called him the n-word. I have no problem drawing a distinction between something being understandable and something being justified. I don’t think Mixon was justified in knocking her out, but if the accounts of her behavior are accurate, I certainly understand why he did it. With Tyreek, I can’t even understand it. I understand that your significant other and/or your children can sometimes really get under your skin, but I can’t fathom actually beating them up or breaking their arm.
Here's the thing. You need to have discretion. a 5 foot nothing woman being drunk and belligerent does not threaten your physical reality at all, been a 220 pound full of muscles athlete. Sorry, I don't understand why he did it. With his elite athleticism, size, weight etc., he could have seriously altered her brain chemistry forever, with that sucker punch. It's just not right. If she had a knife, sure. Look. She shoves him, maybe called him the N word, I get it. I don't pretend to know what it's like to grow up as a black person in the south, BUT, he could have used so many other tactics to render her attack useless other than the one he did. It was deplorable. I understand in the heat of the moment, someone using that word and physical action on you could elicit that, but it doesn't make that punch OK, due the complete violence of it. I mean, he would not have laid a punch down any harder had he been in a prize fight. There is some serious anger in that young man, or that would not have happened. He literally could have killed her with that punch, and I don't think people realize that as a reality. You need to have more discretion than that.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm

I’m not saying I understand in the sense that it’s something I’d do. Like I said, it wasn’t justified and I certainly don’t condone it. I’m just saying it makes a lot more logical sense to me than what Tyreek did and has been accused of doing. I would even go so far as to say that if you decide to shove and slap a young black man and call him the n-word, you actually DESERVE to get punched. Yes, Mixon is twice her size and, once again, he was in no way justified in hitting her. But you can’t fix stupid. Mark Henry is nearly twice my size. If I was stupid enough to shove and slap him and call him that word, I deserve to be punched too, even if Mark Henry isn’t necessarily justified in knocking me the F out.

Anyway, the point Titans was making is that the Mixon incident is more of an isolated, random occurrence. Unless you expect him to be verbally and physically accosted by a lot of drunken, belligerent, racist white chicks as he goes about his everyday life, the likelihood of something like that happening again seems a lot slimmer than someone with a history of domestic abuse breaking his son’s arm.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm I’m not saying I understand in the sense that it’s something I’d do. Like I said, it wasn’t justified and I certainly don’t condone it. I’m just saying it makes a lot more logical sense to me than what Tyreek did and has been accused of doing. I would even go so far as to say that if you decide to shove and slap a young black man and call him the n-word, you actually DESERVE to get punched. Yes, Mixon is twice her size and, once again, he was in no way justified in hitting her. But you can’t fix stupid. Mark Henry is nearly twice my size. If I was stupid enough to shove and slap him and call him that word, I deserve to be punched too, even if Mark Henry isn’t necessarily justified in knocking me the F out.

Anyway, the point Titans was making is that the Mixon incident is more of an isolated occurrence. Unless you expect him to be verbally and physically accosted by a lot of drunken, belligerent, racist white chicks as he goes about his everyday life, the likelihood of something like that happening again seems a lot slimmer than someone with a history of domestic abuse breaking his son’s arm.
I agree. I was going to say the same thing about Mixon, but I can't begin to understand black oppression/racism in the Southern United states, so I won't, if that word was indeed uttered, as I'm sure it has been through his his life growing up. I do understand what you are saying, and I do think there is a greater chance of Mixon learning his lesson, because I do ALSO believe that if a woman racially slurred him at the same time as pushing him, that a lot of build up over an entire life time simply snapped, and I can't possibly understand what has occurred to this young man in the form of racism, as a white, middle class Canadian, so I don't pass final judgement on him, as i have no right to. However, I'm sure we all agree he could have handled it better.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:05 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm I’m not saying I understand in the sense that it’s something I’d do. Like I said, it wasn’t justified and I certainly don’t condone it. I’m just saying it makes a lot more logical sense to me than what Tyreek did and has been accused of doing. I would even go so far as to say that if you decide to shove and slap a young black man and call him the n-word, you actually DESERVE to get punched. Yes, Mixon is twice her size and, once again, he was in no way justified in hitting her. But you can’t fix stupid. Mark Henry is nearly twice my size. If I was stupid enough to shove and slap him and call him that word, I deserve to be punched too, even if Mark Henry isn’t necessarily justified in knocking me the F out.

Anyway, the point Titans was making is that the Mixon incident is more of an isolated, random occurrence. Unless you expect him to be verbally and physically accosted by a lot of drunken, belligerent, racist white chicks as he goes about his everyday life, the likelihood of something like that happening again seems a lot slimmer than someone with a history of domestic abuse breaking his son’s arm.
Actually, there's a bit more to the story. Words were exchanged outside of the restaurant from across the street at each other. The woman enters the restaurant then Mixon follows her in to confront her.

Whatever the circumstance, Mixon lost control and crossed the line. Now I don't know if Mixon still has anger control issues. I can only hope that he has learned to keep his emotions in check as he has matured into a grown man. But if not... tic tic tic.... KA BOOM!
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates