The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:55 pm Am I missing something? Why does it matter if she was pregnant at all. Beating a woman up terrible regardless, no?
Well obviously. Intentionally beating up a pregnant woman is significantly worse in my opinion. Which is saying a lot cause beating up a woman regardless is also egregious.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:55 pm Am I missing something? Why does it matter if she was pregnant at all. Beating a woman up terrible regardless, no?
Well obviously. Intentionally beating up a pregnant woman is significantly worse in my opinion. Which is saying a lot cause beating up a woman regardless is also egregious.
My point is both should be disqualifying from a life as a millionaire sports star, so why does it matter to debate her pregnancy? The fact that you and others have been debating it implies you’re fine with the “lesser” crime. It’s a moot point.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:05 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 pm
My point is both should be disqualifying from a life as a millionaire sports star, so why does it matter to debate her pregnancy? The fact that you and others have been debating it implies you’re fine with the “lesser” crime. It’s a moot point.
At no point did I say I was fine with it.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:53 pm

IR1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 am So, keeping Elliott in mind, does he get suspended even if there are no charges?
He should, but with one of the worst commissioners of all-time, who knows? I mean Zeke got 6 games without video evidence, so who knows?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:53 pm
IR1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 am So, keeping Elliott in mind, does he get suspended even if there are no charges?
He should, but with one of the worst commissioners of all-time, who knows? I mean Zeke got 6 games without video evidence, so who knows?
Not just the lack of video evidence, but the circumstantial evidence at best got Zeke 6 games. There was as much evidence saying his ex was making it all up.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:53 pm
Not just the lack of video evidence, but the circumstantial evidence at best got Zeke 6 games. There was as much evidence saying his ex was making it all up.
That whole situation was nuts, not saying Zeke should’ve gotten off scot free, because he’s done a lot of dumb stuff but I thought that it was too much. It will be interesting to see what happens to Hill, if he’s totally cleared of this incident.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Btw, the situation with Mixon was not as rosy as some of you suggest.

IIRC, he made advances on the woman, possibly of a sexual nature, and she rejected him, possibly using racial language, and then he punched her and broke her jaw.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am Sorry to anyone who doesn't want to rush to judgement , I kind of get it, its how it should be, we should be patient but this scumbag doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. All of this screams a typical DV case. If you know about Domestic Violence EVERYTHING about this case is typical. Someone calls police or reports about a kid, the non abuser (In this case Spinal) covers it up for multiple reasons (they are scared, they wont be financially supported, they actually think the guy will change, etc etc) cops cant prove anything without video and case gets dropped. I don't care if his name isn't on the report, that doesn't mean a damn thing in these cases. Cops could have been called and when they got there Spinal covered for him, it is unfortunately what many victims of DV do until they have the strength to leave. This guy should have never been in the league to begin with, then he becomes a huge star without having to pay any consequences, there is no possible way he "changed"
I don't think I could have possibly said this better. Both of my children had fractures before age 4. A police report was never involved. Children Services was never notified. When there is smoke, there is fire. Especially when you have already demonstrated the behavior. We will likely never know the truth as she will protect him out of fear/financial reasons, but too many red flags that something bad happened here for me.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm

I wrote about this for the site awhile back, and mentioned Hill in the article. What I was able to find out at the time was many thought he was a model citizen after the incident. Showed remorse, owned up to it, went through the process with no complains et cetera. That is FAR from true with many players with similar issues. For those reasons, I decided at the time I was ok with rostering him. But I had an internal zero tolerance policy, as I just don't like to own players with off field issues, and especially if violence or aggression is involved. So with this news, I moved him shortly after I heard it. Did I lose a little value? Sure did. But I'm fine with it.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm Btw, the situation with Mixon was not as rosy as some of you suggest.

IIRC, he made advances on the woman, possibly of a sexual nature, and she rejected him, possibly using racial language, and then he punched her and broke her jaw.
Yeah, went back and watched the video-pretty hard to watch.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Health care professionals are fairly good at evaluating young kids and their injuries and asking them the right questions to determine whether foul play (ie abuse) was the cause, and reporting such to the authorities when they have a reasonable suspicion.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm Btw, the situation with Mixon was not as rosy as some of you suggest.

I dont see that at all. Mixon walks up and is talking to the guy on the right. Then you see as hes about to walk away she turns to him, says something then shoves him then he does the deplorable act. From one account she also supposedly spit in his face too, although that cant be confirmed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm

dlf_ryanf wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm I wrote about this for the site awhile back, and mentioned Hill in the article. What I was able to find out at the time was many thought he was a model citizen after the incident. Showed remorse, owned up to it, went through the process with no complains et cetera. That is FAR from true with many players with similar issues. For those reasons, I decided at the time I was ok with rostering him. But I had an internal zero tolerance policy, as I just don't like to own players with off field issues, and especially if violence or aggression is involved. So with this news, I moved him shortly after I heard it. Did I lose a little value? Sure did. But I'm fine with it.
I am the same way.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm
dlf_ryanf wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm I wrote about this for the site awhile back, and mentioned Hill in the article. What I was able to find out at the time was many thought he was a model citizen after the incident. Showed remorse, owned up to it, went through the process with no complains et cetera. That is FAR from true with many players with similar issues. For those reasons, I decided at the time I was ok with rostering him. But I had an internal zero tolerance policy, as I just don't like to own players with off field issues, and especially if violence or aggression is involved. So with this news, I moved him shortly after I heard it. Did I lose a little value? Sure did. But I'm fine with it.
I am the same way.
Same here. Cashed out.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm
I am the same way.
Same here. Cashed out.
Exactly. Morality questions aside, I just don't think those guys are worth the headache. And my current mode of thinking is if the incidents DO turn out to be true, your best value is probably RIGHT after it happens.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs