The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:31 pm I don't really want to get into the whole 2014 incident and assume whether or not he was guilty, but just going to put this here. Hill took a plea deal at the time for lesser charges so he could avoid prison. This happens all the time when people don't think they can prove their innocence, even if they are innocent. Unfortunately, people plead guilty to things they didn't do pretty often in our legal system, especially when they can't afford legal help. If Hill was innocent, I'm assuming he decided to take the plea deal to avoid prison and have a chance at the NFL, something that wouldn't have been available if he fought and lost in court. His conviction was even expunged, which I guess might not mean a whole lot. Also, yes, it's possible that he's lying on the audio, but that makes very little sense to me. Who lies to someone else when that other person already knows the truth? To suggest that Hill knew he was being recorded seems pretty silly to me. We can't say he's got anger issues and abuses women and children, but also has enough restraint to know he's being secretly recorded and make stuff up for 11 minutes. Again, I don't know what's true or false, but at this point, anything is possible...including Hill being the victim.
I personally just stated it was possible, not likely.

"Those guys, those fans, they have every right to be mad at me because I did something wrong and I just let my emotions get the best of me and I shouldn't have done it" Hill 2016

To try and act like we know what Hill and his GF are like and are as people is beyond presumptuous. Hill defenders around here accuse her of being a liar etc., and some unfounded lying disease investigation, yet nobody can for a moment think that perhaps Hill isn't honest all the time, either. Look, maybe there were parts of that case that differed from the original report, but I don't think there is any reason to think he did not lay a hand on her.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:38 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:31 pm I don't really want to get into the whole 2014 incident and assume whether or not he was guilty, but just going to put this here. Hill took a plea deal at the time for lesser charges so he could avoid prison. This happens all the time when people don't think they can prove their innocence, even if they are innocent. Unfortunately, people plead guilty to things they didn't do pretty often in our legal system, especially when they can't afford legal help. If Hill was innocent, I'm assuming he decided to take the plea deal to avoid prison and have a chance at the NFL, something that wouldn't have been available if he fought and lost in court. His conviction was even expunged, which I guess might not mean a whole lot. Also, yes, it's possible that he's lying on the audio, but that makes very little sense to me. Who lies to someone else when that other person already knows the truth? To suggest that Hill knew he was being recorded seems pretty silly to me. We can't say he's got anger issues and abuses women and children, but also has enough restraint to know he's being secretly recorded and make stuff up for 11 minutes. Again, I don't know what's true or false, but at this point, anything is possible...including Hill being the victim.

"Those guys, those fans, they have every right to be mad at me because I did something wrong and I just let my emotions get the best of me and I shouldn't have done it" Hill 2016

To try and act like we know what Hill and his GF are like and are as people is beyond presumptuous. Hill defenders around here accuse her of being a liar etc., and some unfounded lying disease investigation, yet nobody can for a moment think that perhaps Hill isn't honest all the time, either. Look, maybe there were parts of that case that differed from the original report, but I don't think there is any reason to think he did not lay a hand on her.
Like I said, I don't know what Hill did or didn't. I personally think Hill probably was physical with her, just not to the extent she claims. I think it's possible that both are liars, but I don't know which one is lying more lol. Hill defenders are just as presumptuous as Hill attackers.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 pm

themburns wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 pm
I know, I know, 2014 and all. But if Tyreek was set up as he claimed, why would he stay with this woman and have more children with her? I would have called today's news "Tyreek Hill gaslights fiancee." We're clearly being prepped to expect a lesser suspension for Tyreek, but I don't think it's about what he did or did not do.
First, I don't think he stayed with her. I think they eventually got back together at some point...don't know exactly. Also, can't you say the same about Espinal? If he did those things to her, why did she stay with him? Seems like double standards here and victim blaming by suggesting that. People stay together or get back together for many different reasons, especially when there's a child involved.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:56 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 pm
themburns wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 pm
I know, I know, 2014 and all. But if Tyreek was set up as he claimed, why would he stay with this woman and have more children with her? I would have called today's news "Tyreek Hill gaslights fiancee." We're clearly being prepped to expect a lesser suspension for Tyreek, but I don't think it's about what he did or did not do.
First, I don't think he stayed with her. I think they eventually got back together at some point...don't know exactly. Also, can't you say the same about Espinal? If he did those things to her, why did she stay with him? Seems like double standards here and victim blaming by suggesting that. People stay together or get back together for many different reasons, especially when there's a child involved.
If you look at the dynamics of the cycle of abuse, what is going on matches that pattern closely. Tensions rise, there is an incident, which is followed by a reconciliation and then a period of calm before things start again.

As for the point about victim blaming Tyreek Hill. Well, that is a gross concept to even raise. As a matter of practice, I make it a point to believe women, especially when Tyreek confessed to abuse that cost him his college scholarship and could have ended his NFL hopes before they even began.

Espinal might have problems, but Tyreek's camp has been out to discredit her through misogynistic tactics (making her look crazy). It's well, another abuser 101 tactic. Signed, a woman posting on your fantasy football forum.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Neither of them qualify as saints by any measure.

He is going to get suspended for quite some time. Roger cares about the NFL brand and the backlash will be great if he is not unless there is substantial proof that she is completely at fault which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Doesn’t matter at all what is coming out of Tyreek Hill’s camp.

Looks to me like both are crazy. She gets no sympathy for being a woman at this point. It is misguided to believe her based on sex. Making a point to believe her due to genetics does not compute.

The only one that matters is the child in this mess.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:38 pm

I think we know for certain that Espinal is pretty damn crazy.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm Neither of them qualify as saints by any measure.

He is going to get suspended for quite some time. Roger cares about the NFL brand and the backlash will be great if he is not unless there is substantial proof that she is completely at fault which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Looks to me like both are crazy. She gets no sympathy for being a woman at this point. It is misguided to believe her based on sex. Making a point to believe her due to genetics does not compute.

Tyreek Hill will not be suspended for quite some time. More and more and more comes out showing the exact opposite. The fact that people are still assuming he's going to get a massive suspension for so little makes no sense.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:21 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm Neither of them qualify as saints by any measure.

Tyreek Hill will not be suspended for quite some time. More and more and more comes out showing the exact opposite. The fact that people are still assuming he's going to get a massive suspension for so little makes no sense.
Wait and see. Goodall makes decisions 100% based on brand management.

6 weeks or more of Hill running around speaking on the circuit of how to help those less fortunate is most likely going to be mandatory in this era.

Players get suspended for far less these days.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. If you see a player drafted in the first round with good college production and measurables, it's a good bet to think that will continue. In the same vein, if you hear a man who previously plead guilty to battery just a few years later threaten and use a misogynistic slur to the very same woman, it's safe to bet that his behavior is the major problem.

It's not about genetics. It's about power in society. How many KC fans do you suppose have sent Crystal death threats? The only thing I can see she could have to gain would be to cover up the abuse of a child but then again, both of them admitted to that to CPS that they had struck the child and left marks so he doesn't have a leg morally to stand on there either.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Wait and see. Goodall makes decisions 100% based on brand management.

6 weeks or more of Hill running around speaking on the circuit of how to help those less fortunate is most likely going to be mandatory in this era.

Players get suspended for far less these days.
That's what I'd suggest. Personally, I think 6 or more, BUT it's all down to Roger. A million more articles and blogs can be written, it doesn't matter. It's up to the NFL at this point. People can believe that non factual claims and articles that say a lesser suspension is imminent, but it doesn't shift anything to the NFL. It may help to increase perception within Dynasty circles and help Hill's value to rise, but it doesn't have any bearing on the suspension length.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm

From the NFL? Cause that's all that matters. Seeing more coming from newspapers and the cheifs means absolutely positively nothing

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 pm

themburns wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. If you see a player drafted in the first round with good college production and measurables, it's a good bet to think that will continue. In the same vein, if you hear a man who previously plead guilty to battery just a few years later threaten and use a misogynistic slur to the very same woman, it's safe to bet that his behavior is the major problem.

It's not about genetics. It's about power in society. How many KC fans do you suppose have sent Crystal death threats? The only thing I can see she could have to gain would be to cover up the abuse of a child but then again, both of them admitted to that to CPS that they had struck the child and left marks so he doesn't have a leg morally to stand on there either.
I don't see what's so hard to understand about assuming someone is guilty when they either are not, or there isn't anywhere near enough evidence to show it. Hill is obviously not guilty here. His fiance is crazy. That's just how it happens sometimes. Meanwhile we have a video of Joe Mixon destroying some chick's face, but he is all forgiven.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 pm

In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:06 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 pm In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense.
It's also not too hard to believe that he did it. He's still admitted to it years later, and is still with the woman who supposedly ruined his life. What you're insinuating is downright disturbing, but hey, he's on your FF team, right? I had a friend murdered in his house, his killer got 6 years due to certain circumstances, plea bargains, witnesses getting reduced sentences etc. Don't pretend to be a lawyer or know what you're talking about with the law to this extent.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 pm

I think people on both sides are getting in over there pay grade in this thread
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.