The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 am

What a terrible day this must be for the many outspoken self righteous beacons of goodness that populate this forum, who seemed to know exactly what happened from the beginning.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:50 am

LOL
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:51 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 am What a terrible day this must be for the many outspoken self righteous beacons of goodness that populate this forum, who seemed to know exactly what happened from the beginning.
Not really. Obviously my stance on this guy is known. He's a bad dude, and that hasn't changed. The fact we know he hits his kid with a belt, and beat his woman doesn't change that. However you are jumping to the same conclusions you claim others did. My point now is more about media than Hill. No information other than that Hill's camp feels it was positive has come out. That doesn't change the reality of the outcome, what the NFL decides. People then copy and paste articles based on an assumption that was made, and somehow people think it's true. While Hill may only get 4 games, it almost certainly has not been decided yet, so to speak about it as if it's basically reality already is out of place. I find it hard to believe anybody here would defend Hill is he was the 4th best WR on the Chiefs BTW, o people that make posts like yours are just playing the righteous card on the other end, but it really boils down to their FF team, not the truth. The motives behind most people on here is their FF team, not the truth. People would be fine if he beat his kid, if he only gets 2-4 games, that's what really matters to a lot of these posters on this thread.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 am

It would make sense for one the Chiefs, or the NFL, or Hills camp, to send up a trial balloon of the idea of 4 games as a potential suspension to see how that played to public opinion. If the response is 'meh' then they can go ahead and argue that as a suspension. If the public response is overwhelmingly negative then a different suspension could be in the works.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:31 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 am It would make sense for one the Chiefs, or the NFL, or Hills camp, to send up a trial balloon of the idea of 4 games as a potential suspension to see how that played to public opinion. If the response is 'meh' then they can go ahead and argue that as a suspension. If the public response is overwhelmingly negative then a different suspension could be in the works.
I have thought this too. Most likely the Chiefs doing it, simply because those were the un-named sources stated in the original article. I find it hard to believe the NFL could review material from an 8 hour interview so quickly, to come to some sort of consensus. It is still a hope that they decide before training camp from the Chiefs, apparently, so a day after the interview seems way too quick for the NFL to have drawn any conclusions.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 am

Good time to sell if a league mate is biting on this.

I’m still valuing at 8-16 with a decent chance we don’t see him in 2019.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 am It would make sense for one the Chiefs, or the NFL, or Hills camp, to send up a trial balloon of the idea of 4 games as a potential suspension to see how that played to public opinion. If the response is 'meh' then they can go ahead and argue that as a suspension. If the public response is overwhelmingly negative then a different suspension could be in the works.
This. Honestly, probably all 3 working together. It isn't hard to imagine the 8 hour discussion going something like:

Hill - "This and this happened."
NFL - "Will there be any proof? Is there video or any more audio?"
Chiefs - "Look, we have Mahomes who is the MVP. We can't have you taking away his top target. That doesn't help us. It also doesn't help the NFL."

The NFL cares about it's money first and only. There is a reason nothing happened with Rice until video went public. We all know damn well the NFL already had the video.

Order of priority fits the majority of the NFL's fan base:

1. The anthem and the flag have somehow become most important.
2. Followed closely by weed being evil.
3. Violence against women isn't REALLY that bad. (Unless there is video.)

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:19 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 am Good time to sell if a league mate is biting on this.

I agree. Nothing has changed. I still say at least half the season and frankly, shame on Goodell and the NFL if it isn’t.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:29 am

Lumps wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 am
This. Honestly, probably all 3 working together. It isn't hard to imagine the 8 hour discussion going something like:

Chiefs - "Look, we have Mahomes who is the MVP. We can't have you taking away his top target. That doesn't help us. It also doesn't help the NFL."

The NFL cares about it's money first and only. There is a reason nothing happened with Rice until video went public. We all know damn well the NFL already had the video.

Tom Brady was suspended for 4 games for not handing over his private cell phone. Goodell is obviously willing to suspend people that are vital to their team
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:51 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 am What a terrible day this must be for the many outspoken self righteous beacons of goodness that populate this forum, who seemed to know exactly what happened from the beginning.
Not really. Obviously my stance on this guy is known. He's a bad dude, and that hasn't changed. The fact we know he hits his kid with a belt, and beat his woman doesn't change that. However you are jumping to the same conclusions you claim others did. My point now is more about media than Hill. No information other than that Hill's camp feels it was positive has come out. That doesn't change the reality of the outcome, what the NFL decides. People then copy and paste articles based on an assumption that was made, and somehow people think it's true. While Hill may only get 4 games, it almost certainly has not been decided yet, so to speak about it as if it's basically reality already is out of place. I find it hard to believe anybody here would defend Hill is he was the 4th best WR on the Chiefs BTW, o people that make posts like yours are just playing the righteous card on the other end, but it really boils down to their FF team, not the truth. The motives behind most people on here is their FF team, not the truth. People would be fine if he beat his kid, if he only gets 2-4 games, that's what really matters to a lot of these posters on this thread.
Is this forum always so assumptive? I don't understand what people are thinking when they read here. I make a post about the Chiefs believing the suspension will be 4 games. I think it could be closer to 4 games or less rather than more, but no one said definitively he is getting 4 games. It's like the same people who just assumed Hill was guilty as sin for 100% of what was accused, are the same people who see 4 games and suspension in the same post, and they just assume that those of us mentioning the two together believe it's a done deal. What's the deal with that on here? I can see misreading sometimes, but it's constant.

I do agree about a person's reaction depending on if a player is on his roster. I will say it goes the other way though. A guy was pretty upset with me for being excited about news breaking in favor of Hill, basically showing signs the outcome wouldn't be as bad for Hill as originally thought. He made it very clear. That person has Joe Mixon on one of his rosters. So yep, people who don't have Tyreek tend to overreact from what I see. More so than the people who own Tyreek have under reacted.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am

This has to be one of my least favorite forum topics ever. Pages and pages of discussion while nothing has actually happened. Throw in people bragging that they were able to buy this scumbag for cheap, and it's just become awful.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 am

Lumps wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 am

The Ezekiel Elliott thing makes me question this. That could have easily been swept under the rug. There was no video or audio on that. He got 6 games, and they conceded that the woman lied about how certain things transpired, but they felt he had still done things to her that warranted the suspension.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:38 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am This has to be one of my least favorite forum topics ever. Pages and pages of discussion while nothing has actually happened. Throw in people bragging that they were able to buy this scumbag for cheap, and it's just become awful.
I couldn't agree more !!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:39 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:19 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 am Good time to sell if a league mate is biting on this.

I agree. Nothing has changed. I still say at least half the season and frankly, shame on Goodell and the NFL if it isn’t.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... uspension/

Basically breaks a few things down that they have already done on what the NFL will be looking at, and comments on these "reports". It's down to Goodell now, basically, so he's right on that account. It really comes down to the evidence they have accumulated, the evidence Hill provided, and what Goodell feels about all of it, at the end of it all.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:47 am

Reportedly the NFL's investigators got a really bad impression of Zeke while conducting their interviews -- testimony from others around him that 'problematic behavior' was an ongoing theme with him.

In contrast, if the reports on the meeting are true, Hill's already in better shape at this point than Zeke was, who was combative with the NFL's investigation, and was still pinned with some degree of misconduct regarding the primary incident.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE