The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:03 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:54 pm I have a feeling that those expecting certainty after Wednesday's NFL interviews with Tyreek are likely to be disappointed. It'll take longer. Almost always does. And if they do rule that quickly, it means they have confidence in their decision. Since the child protective investigation is still ongoing, I've no idea how they could have such confidence. Such confidence will likely equate to a severe sentence for mr Hill.

I've been saying Hill is out the full year one way or another (combo of suspension + commissioner's exempt list) and I still believe that. This guy doesn't play again this year, independent of the DA twice inactivating / pausing their case against him, inspite of their belief a crime was committed against the kid. Just do not see how both the Chiefs and NFL give him another pass. Anything less than a full season is unequivocably a pass. Having said all that, nobody really knows yet. So all of us could be wrong.
Good post and I agree. Hill was already given a second chance, just being in the NFL after what he did in college. I think some people are forgetting that. It’s a privilege to play pro sports and make that kind of money.
I think it's interesting that fans call it a privilege and go on about the morality of it, but the fact is how many players who are really good, have ever been flat out banned from a sport? So apparently it really isn't as big of a privilege as people like to think.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:54 pm I have a feeling that those expecting certainty after Wednesday's NFL interviews with Tyreek are likely to be disappointed. It'll take longer. Almost always does. And if they do rule that quickly, it means they have confidence in their decision. Since the child protective investigation is still ongoing, I've no idea how they could have such confidence. Such confidence will likely equate to a severe sentence for mr Hill.

I've been saying Hill is out the full year one way or another (combo of suspension + commissioner's exempt list) and I still believe that. This guy doesn't play again this year, independent of the DA twice inactivating / pausing their case against him, inspite of their belief a crime was committed against the kid. Just do not see how both the Chiefs and NFL give him another pass. Anything less than a full season is unequivocably a pass. Having said all that, nobody really knows yet. So all of us could be wrong.
Good post and I agree. Hill was already given a second chance, just being in the NFL after what he did in college. I think some people are forgetting that. It’s a privilege to play pro sports and make that kind of money.
I think it's interesting that fans call it a privilege and go on about the morality of it, but the fact is how many players who are really good, have ever been flat out banned from a sport? So apparently it really isn't as big of a privilege as people like to think.
Interesting question. Formally banned- you’re looking at Sholess Joe Jackson, Tonya Harding, Lance Armstrong, Billy Coutu, Steve Howe.

The blackballed list, which is more likely to be Tyreek Hill’s problem than formal banishment, includes guys like Ray Rice, Colin Kaepernick, Barry Bonds
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:56 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Interesting question. Formally banned- you’re looking at Sholess Joe Jackson, Tonya Harding, Lance Armstrong, Billy Coutu, Steve Howe.

The blackballed list, which is more likely to be Tyreek Hill’s problem than formal banishment, includes guys like Ray Rice, Colin Kaepernick, Barry Bonds
On the black balled list, Rice was at the end of his usefulness. Why take on a JAG level talent who just punched his wife on camera?

The Kaep situation is a different animal. The media, who bitched and moaned and wrung their fists at the sky asking why he wasn't on a team. The reason, because the media themselves were creating what would have been the biggest circus an NFL team would have ever faced. Kaep, a questionable talent, is and was not worth the headache to be a backup.

So yes, very few people have been banned or black balled, ever, and there have been some bad dudes allowed to play still.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:50 am

I'd love to see this guy get a year+, but the NFL meeting now and rumors of them announcing around July 4 weekend has me thinking this is going to be 6 games.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:39 am

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:56 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 pm

On the black balled list, Rice was at the end of his usefulness. Why take on a JAG level talent who just punched his wife on camera?

The Kaep situation is a different animal. The media, who bitched and moaned and wrung their fists at the sky asking why he wasn't on a team. The reason, because the media themselves were creating what would have been the biggest circus an NFL team would have ever faced. Kaep, a questionable talent, is and was not worth the headache to be a backup.

So yes, very few people have been banned or black balled, ever, and there have been some bad dudes allowed to play still.
Spot on here

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am

Meeting with NFL investigators for the first time today
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am Meeting with NFL investigators for the first time today
Also, according to Ian Rapaport, looks like Tyreek will be reporting to training camp when it open. That has to be good news for Tyreek. For awhile it looked like he would never be playing football again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... estigators

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Personally, I find this all pretty tough to sort out. I suspect that Hill does abuse his child and part of me would like to see them just let him play, but suspend his helmet for a couple games. That said, with all we know about CTE, I often wonder how much of these guy’s actions are due to the beating they absorb (not to mention the awful upbringing a lot of these guys endure).

I think the solution in a lot of these cases would be to let the guy play, but under the requirement that he donate the bulk of his salary to a relevant cause (based on the transgression) while forcing the team to match his salary in donation as well. People talk about the privilege of getting to play in the NFL, but if you’re denied the exorbitant salaries, I’m not sure it’s much of a privilege to work ridiculous hours and get pummelled by giant men for a few hours a week.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm

usps33 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am Meeting with NFL investigators for the first time today
Also, according to Ian Rapaport, looks like Tyreek will be reporting to training camp when it open. That has to be good news for Tyreek. For awhile it looked like he would never be playing football again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he would be able to report to training camp even when he is suspended? Same thing as Kareem Hunt. I have not seen anything from the Chiefs stating this, I am really curious how they handle it. Rappaport could very well be right, but he is also unreliable.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he would be able to report to training camp even when he is suspended? Same thing as Kareem Hunt. I have not seen anything from the Chiefs stating this, I am really curious how they handle it. Rappaport could very well be right, but he is also unreliable.
The quote is "Hill is expected to report ...". He cannot report under current conditions, since KC has banned him. So obviously, this expectation assumes the Chiefs lift their current ban. Last I heard they haven't done that yet, but you've got to believe they're jones'ing to do that. In my estimation, it'd almost assuredly draw a quick all-expense paid (yes players get paid while on it) trip to the commissioner's exempt list -- at least until the NFL rules.

BTW - if Hill does get an actual NFL imposed suspension, he is eligible to report to camp until conclusion of the 4th pre-season game, at which time his suspension starts.

Again, I just don't see how the league rules so fast with the CPS investigation still ongoing. Imagine the NFL handing down a suspension of n games only to have the CPS investigation break with something else. Guess they could always revise/add to whatever they give him, but seems unlikely the NFL would want to be light on a suspension for domestic violence again. Again, nobody really knows yet.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm

With Tyreek college history I would have expected the NFL to suspend him indefinitely until their investigation was concluded. Hunt was allowed to attend camp only after a suspension was announced. Hunt was dropped by the Chiefs, the main reason I read is he lied to them. Not sure how the NFL would have handled it if he wasn’t dropped by the Chiefs. When the video of Ray Rice was released, the NFL suspended indefinitely immediately. For Tyreek, I would think the audio would be enough for the NFL to keep Tyreek out of camp, unless his team was able to show evidence at the meeting today that helped their case. The Chiefs suspended Tyreek indefinitely when the audio tape was released, I guess they will have to reinstate him before camp. For the NFL to let him report to training is a good sign for Tyreek. I still wouldn’t pay market value to acquire him in dynasty leagues, I just wouldn’t sell him at a discounted price. If he gets under 6 to 8 games for a suspension, then I would have to think that the audio tape was what Tyreek and his lawyers are claiming, a setup, taking out of context. The full tape I don’t think has ever been played publicly, it is supposed to be 11 minutes long, but I can’t find it anywhere.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:42 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardba ... 9_29412599

Hill looking at 4 games maximum, as some are starting to believe in the Chiefs organization

I assume some will speculate that after his 4 game suspension is announced the Chiefs will then cut him

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 am

Expected. Police deciding Espinal lied was a game changer for Hill. I'm not even confident he'll face a 4-gamer.

I wish I had bought him low a couple months ago. Coulda flipped him. By mid-season he'll probably be back to his pre-scandal market-value, or close to it.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:57 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 am Expected. Police deciding Espinal lied was a game changer for Hill. I'm not even confident he'll face a 4-gamer.

I wish I had bought him low a couple months ago. Coulda flipped him. By mid-season he'll probably be back to his pre-scandal market-value, or close to it.
I feel pretty fortunate that the news article about his fiance being looked in to came out when it did. I had no intention of taking Hill unless he slid really far in my startup. He was already on my other dynasty team, so I didn't want to take on too much risk with one player. I pretty much suspected early on that Hill wasn't as guilty as people had thought, and I voiced that.

I had traded up from my 8th to a late 4th, and I still had 5.04. The news came out and it made me change my whole approach to drafting Hill. If I didn't take him at 5.04, then there was a risk someone else would see the news and have the same thoughts I did. Plus my next pick wasn't until 7.04.

If we had our startup even a week earlier, I probably don't end up with Hill. A week or so later and he probably goes too early.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:31 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 am Expected. Police deciding Espinal lied was a game changer for Hill. I'm not even confident he'll face a 4-gamer.

Just want to point out that Elliott's accuser lied, too. Didn't change the outcome. The NFL had enough information to suspend anyway. In this situation, with the audio, a lot will come down to what they have found out from CPS, as the police would not release their reports, apparently.

I find it hard to believe the Chiefs would have any insight into the length of suspension at this point. They have presented an argument they have preparing for months, so of course they will feel it was a positive. It really boils down to Goodell at this point. The only source of the information (Nate Taylor) did not provide any sources, and a subsequent echo chamber of articles based solely off his article ensued. The NFL met with Hill for 8 hours, so it should have a lengthy review period. I find it hard to believe the would have come close to any decision on the length of suspension in such a short period. While it may only be a 4 game suspension, the idea that this has been decided already seems off. It's clearly what the Chiefs are hoping for, but it doesn't make it so. It's basically down to Roger now. He has been all over the place with his suspensions, so it will be interesting. I still think it will be more than 4, personally.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".