Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm

From un-named sources on Twitter? I don't usually listen to Florio, but with his background as a lawyer, when it comes to this type of stuff, I tend to listen to him more. His litigation background makes his take more educated than other reporters. Curious to who your sources are? The idea that Hill is meeting with the league would be interesting, because the last I heard, they had not interviewed him yet, but were waiting for the CPA investigation to finish.
Yeah, I read it on Twitter. Who knows if it means anything? I just wonder if they’ll make a ruling before training camp and if the NFL doesn’t, what will the Chiefs do?
Yeah, I wonder how long the CPA investigation will take. Does everyone just stand pat if it goes on for months? If the Chiefs take him off suspension, there is a good chance the NFL puts him on the exempt list. This suspension will be really set the bar for a lot of things. This is really the first high profile case where they can use a players charges in college against him. It should be interesting. I doubt Roger Goodell wants to be remembered for this, and it is the NFL's 100th year. I'm sure he's not happy this situation is so prevalent. That's why I'm thinking it will be at least 8, probably more.

You have the admission of using a hand and belt on the child, the CPA taking the child away due to creating an unsafe environment for the child, and the threats, PLUS the college history which can be used as a factor in the severity of this. That's what is known. Then you have all the interviews etc. that they will conduct with a variety of different people around the situation where they might find even more. I just can't see it being a slap on the wrist. I would be shocked, and think the NFL would receive a ton of negative press for a lenient suspension. That audio is powerful, too. Everyone who is a football fan has heard it. Whether people like it or not, just like with a video, it makes it more ingrained int to the fabric of the situation, it can be recalled at any time. It's more powerful than just some report claiming he said something like that. If Hill hasn't even been interviewed yet, though, then they are clearly not even close to a decision on the matter.
I definitely agree that the audio is the big thing. If there was just speculation that he broke his sons arm and he was cleared of that and there was no audio, that would be different. That’s not the case though, the audio is disturbing to mostly everyone or should be and I can’t imagine the NFL only giving him 1 or 2 games.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:52 pm
Slevin Kelevra wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:58 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm I’m still reading that he’s getting a minimum of 8 games. It’s all just speculation right now though.
Wrong.

2 to 4.
That’s not what I’ve been reading. 8 games with a chance to reduce to 6. Hopefully we will find out soon enough.
Ha my gut says the same thing.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm So now that my rookie draft is complete I essentially sold Hill + Isabella

for

Boyd + Sanders + Justice Hill + Darwin Thompson + 11th or 12th overall pick in 2020.

Im happier with that trade today than I was when I made it.
Excellent deal for you.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm So now that my rookie draft is complete I essentially sold Hill + Isabella

for

Boyd + Sanders + Justice Hill + Darwin Thompson + 11th or 12th overall pick in 2020.

Hill, a top 2 fantasy receiver alone, is worth more than that imo. I own too much Hill stock to wish you well on this trade, because he is my number 1 rated fantasy receiver if we don't have to consider the suspension or character issues. He is number 2 with the current situation.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 am

As an owner, I care way less about if it's 1 game versus 10 game suspension...

I care more about KC re-signing him and then obviously how long it takes for something else to pop back up

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:03 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 am As an owner, I care way less about if it's 1 game versus 10 game suspension...

I care more about KC re-signing him and then obviously how long it takes for something else to pop back up
Agreed that Hill getting a new contract from the Chiefs is what us owners really hope for. Even if he doesn't, some team will want to utilize his talents. He may not be the number 1 dynasty receiver at that point, but it's hard for me to imagine he drops out of the top 15.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 am

Most indications point to him playing for KC this year. Good news for him and his family.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:48 pm

for

Excellent deal for you.
Yeah, I can't imagine too many people willing to pony up 3 firsts in value for Hill again, as he's a strike away from being out of the league at this point. Considering some people sold for a 3rd rounder, you made out like a bandit. You'll get better production out of Boyd this year if he plays the full year, since Hill will most likely play half of it or less, and Sanders and that 2020 first are great pieces to add on top of Boyd. Seems like a win for this year and the future, as you had added some solid depth.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm

What round would everyone start looking at drafting Hill in a startup?
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm What round would everyone start looking at drafting Hill in a startup?
Question is not that simple but I'd say round 6 for me.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm What round would everyone start looking at drafting Hill in a startup?
Depends on your risk tolerance, but I think it's more likely than not than Hill misses somewhere between 4-10 games this season due to suspension. Based on that, I'd say late 2nd - mid 3rd of a 1QB startup.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:27 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:23 pm
Depends on your risk tolerance, but I think it's more likely than not than Hill misses somewhere between 4-10 games this season due to suspension. Based on that, I'd say late 2nd - mid 3rd of a 1QB startup.
Sounds about right, I was listening to a podcast recently where they said Hill was taken in round 3. One share is enough for me hence my round 6 guess but I'm surely in the minority.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

I drafted him at 5.04 about 2 weeks ago

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm

For me, probably towards the end of the 2nd round/early 3rd round. Don’t really see too much risk owning Hill now. I think the media really jumped the gun on this and the sheep followed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:16 pm
Question is not that simple but I'd say round 6 for me.
Yeah, Hill will always be a risk now. Even after his suspension, he's going to be one mistake away from banishment, so his trade value will always be capped. Depends on your risk tolerance, but for me there is way too much talent with less risk in the early round to justify an ADP in the 2nd through 4th.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick