The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby pvillebiker » Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

This may be simpler than we think...

There's a big "he did it" cloud over Hill now. Obviously. Most people believe he did it. Sure the DA's got their case underway & have the burden of proof. That does not matter in the court of public opinion, which does not have the same burden of proof. Most have already heard enough. We're allowed to use common sense and make reasonable conclusions. Honestly do not know how a reasonable person concludes anything other than he did it.

Hence, anything short of exoneration by the DA and there's no way the Chiefs can keep him. There is no # games punishment for breaking a kid's arm that will be enough. Especially if it's not your 1st violent offense. Against the same kid! Even if the DA drops the case with the same implied "he did it, but we can't prove it", that dark cloud will still hang over Hill and any team he's connected with.

Even if the Chiefs could get past it, there's no way the league will. Not without Hill being exonerated.

Both the Chiefs and the league have the luxury of a bit more time to let the DA case play out more before they have to act. If the DA mounts a real prosecution that gets traction, the football decision is made for them. If they unearth or share more evidence that further suggests he did it, especially if it's leaked to the public, you'll see the Chiefs act post haste to stay ahead of the league. I bet they cut him before the league can act.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:04 pm

You guys keep mentioning his past transgressions, but the league can NOT take those into consideration when handing down punishment. It has to be as if this is his first offense since he was not in the league when that transpired.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Ben, Winston, McCoy
RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Everette
K: Bass
Def/ST: NE ARI

T2

10 Team, .5 PPR, Devy, IDP, SF

QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Rosen, Haskins, Mariota
RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, Goedert, Hurst, Fant, Dissly, Thomas
K: Bailey
DL: Hunter, Garrett, Young, A Smith, Golden
LB: Bush, D. Jones, R. Smith, Alexander, Bush, Landry
DB: Peppers, Savage, Thornhill, Simmons, Fuller
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm

khaos337 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:04 pm You guys keep mentioning his past transgressions, but the league can NOT take those into consideration when handing down punishment. It has to be as if this is his first offense since he was not in the league when that transpired.
This statement is absolutely untrue. The NFL can and will take Hill's past actions into consideration. I think people are being delusional if they think Hill has future with the Chiefs or quite possibly with any other team. It's not a matter of if, but when the Chiefs will cut him. For the record, I am a life long Chiefs fan.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm It's not a matter of if, but when the Chiefs will cut him. For the record, I am a life long Chiefs fan.
Real question assuming you live in/around KC: how many KC fans that you know would legitimately stop going to games or stop buying merchandise if KC keeps Hill but continues winning this year?

That is the question that KC cares about. At the end of the day, NFL franchises are businesses. Regardless of boycotts and tweets, a player like Hill will be employed if their contribution to winning and raising ticket / merchandise sales outweighs the negative PR.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm
khaos337 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:04 pm You guys keep mentioning his past transgressions, but the league can NOT take those into consideration when handing down punishment. It has to be as if this is his first offense since he was not in the league when that transpired.
This statement is absolutely untrue. The NFL can and will take Hill's past actions into consideration. I think people are being delusional if they think Hill has future with the Chiefs or quite possibly with any other team. It's not a matter of if, but when the Chiefs will cut him. For the record, I am a life long Chiefs fan.
My mistake, you are correct. Don't remember where I read this but I went back and acutally read the policy.
With regard to violations of the Personal Conduct Policy that involve: (i) criminal assault or battery felony); (ii) domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse and other forms of family violence; or (iii)
sexual assault involving physical force or committed against someone incapable of giving consent, a first
offense will subject the offender to a baseline suspension without pay of six games, with consideration
given to any aggravating or mitigating factors. The presence of possible aggravating factors may warrant a
longer suspension. Possible aggravating factors include, but are not limited to, a prior violation of the
Personal Conduct Policy, similar misconduct before joining the NFL, violence involving a weapon,
choking, repeated striking, or when an act is committed against a particularly vulnerable person, such as a
child, a pregnant woman, or an elderly person, or where the act is committed in the presence of a child. A
second offense will result in permanent banishment from the NFL. An individual who has been banished
may petition for reinstatement after one year, but there is no presumption or assurance that the petition will
be granted.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams

T2

RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm
What are the Chiefs waiting for if it's a forgone conclusion they're going to cut him? They're doing more damage by holding him this long and dealing with the backlash if they know for certain they're going to cut him. I just don't know how you can make statements like that and then call others delusional. It's definitely possible that he gets cut and never plays for another team either, but don't make it sound like that's the only option. If he hasn't been cut yet, that obviously means they're either weighing their options, waiting for more information, or still undecided. I think people are reacting very emotionally and completely ignoring any logic...which is fine and understandable in a situation like this. But the NFL is a business and the Chiefs and the league will do whatever benefits them and not necessarily what we think is right or wrong.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 3:19 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:31 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm It's not a matter of if, but when the Chiefs will cut him. For the record, I am a life long Chiefs fan.
Real question assuming you live in/around KC: how many KC fans that you know would legitimately stop going to games or stop buying merchandise if KC keeps Hill but continues winning this year?

That is the question that KC cares about. At the end of the day, NFL franchises are businesses. Regardless of boycotts and tweets, a player like Hill will be employed if their contribution to winning and raising ticket / merchandise sales outweighs the negative PR.
If is the big word.

What we do know about the Chiefs is they cut Hunt for lying to them. We also know they barred Hill from off season activities until this situation is actually further along in the process. That was a pretty telling move.

IMO the the Chiefs are actually showing some restraint. Obviously they are concerned but to date are not going to take further action until a provable or plausible situation is determined. The last thing they want to do is just cut him if evidence that could clear him comes to light. Obviously, Hill has already been convicted in the court of public opinion but legally there are more hurdles to clear. The Chiefs probably don't want the liability of defamation risks at this point and there is no need to rush to a final a judgement.

There is plenty of talk of going on the Commissioners exempt list. Good chance that happens like AP's situation. Regardless, there are a lot of bright lights on this from the league, the Chiefs, the CPS, and maybe the police.

Once more real news come to light the chess pieces will move again and at this point Tyreek is losing. The last chess piece moved was the drafting of Hardman given the Chiefs, prior to this mess, had more pressing needs than WR. The next is probably the exempt list.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:39 pm

The league punished Mixon by not inviting him to the combine. Mixon was not only in college when he committed his crime, but he also paid his dues before entering the league. The NFL can do whatever it wants. And they showed that power during the Zeke case. Screw the fact Zeke probably didnt beat his girlfriend, he committed other unsavory transgressions and thats all they needed but hid it behind the abuse label to keep the public on their side.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Loving all the arm chair litigators and erstwhile GMs. But here's what I want to know...

What are you selling Hill for? What have you paid for him?

for instance, I just gave the 3.09 in our rookie league draft (12 tm, IDP/PPR) for him - I took Hardman at 1.09, so I'm thinking either way I have potentially the top Chiefs' playmaker. It's as good a flyer as any as I could have gotten in the middle of the third round.

-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 09, 2019 9:50 pm

I guess there are still some that believe that Hill will survive this ordeal. A guy in one of my leagues just paid Nick Chubb and a 2020 2nd for Hill. :wtf:
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu May 09, 2019 11:15 pm

meineymoe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 pm Loving all the arm chair litigators and erstwhile GMs. But here's what I want to know...

for instance, I just gave the 3.09 in our rookie league draft (12 tm, IDP/PPR) for him - I took Hardman at 1.09, so I'm thinking either way I have potentially the top Chiefs' playmaker. It's as good a flyer as any as I could have gotten in the middle of the third round.

-oo-

I sold him for Rosen, the 2.07, Richard and Darren Waller in a QB premium scoring league. And then I went to cry in a corner.

I all seriousness, this was a few days after the tapes were released and I was just over owning him. I've seen him go for a mid first in one league a few days ago, and I was offered a late 2nd for him in another league right before the tapes went public (which I found ridiculous, as things were actually looking better for him, at least suspension wise).

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 am

meineymoe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 pm Loving all the arm chair litigators and erstwhile GMs. But here's what I want to know...

-oo-
I'd be buying for any 3rd all day long. Probably any 2nd also. I guarantee I wouldn't get any offers that piqued my interest, which is fair because he is at Rock bottom. Sounds like a hold to me...

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 am

Goddard wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:31 am And as a side note, even if the case was reopened after the audio came out, does it really change anything? Nothing on the tape reveals actual new evidence.
It is new evidence.

It is new evidence of Tyreek Hill making a violent threat against his fiance.
“A 3-year-old is not going to lie about what happened to his arm,” Crystal Espinal tells Hill in the recording, adding, “He is terrified of you.” Hill responds, “You need to be terrified of me, too, dumb b—-.”
It is new evidence that it was Tyreek Hill who broke their son's arm, and not his fiance.
Crystal Espinal: "And then he kept crying because he was scared. He's terrified. You grabbed onto him somehow or he fell? 1 of the 2."
Tyreek Hill: "I didn't do nothing."
Crystal Espinal: "Then why does he say, 'Daddy did it.'? Why?"
Tyreek Hill: "He says Daddy does a lot of things."
Crystal Espinal: "A 3-year-old is not going to lie about what happened to his arm."
Is it *proof*? No. Is it *enough* evidence? We'll see. But people get confused about legal standards in this country. You need to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. You don't need to be *proven* guilty beyond *all* doubt. Reasonable doubt is the limit.

Is it reasonable to doubt that Tyreek Hill did it at this point? If I'm a juror, the answer is no, but that's just me.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:54 am

Best offer I got for Hill in my league was a 5th round pick lol, gtfoh.... He's a hold for me for anything less than a 1st or MAYBE an early 2nd.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

T2

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 am

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:50 pm I guess there are still some that believe that Hill will survive this ordeal. A guy in one of my leagues just paid Nick Chubb and a 2020 2nd for Hill. :wtf:
I would absolutely sell for that right now if I could!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd