The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby kadun2 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:47 pm The thing is, I will feel so bad if he is in fact innocent. Im trying not to be the guilty till proven innocent type. Its just hard because unless you go with the group you're a monster who supports child abuse.
Thank you.

He may very well be guilty but we do not know that yet.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:36 pm I bought him for a late 2020 3rd. Do I feel great about owning him? No. I actually do not, to be honest. But I also know I will be very happy when I sell him for a massive gain if he returns to the field.
Exactly. You don't have to love him to flip him months or a year from now. I mean this is the lowest his value could possibly be, barring actually being kicked out of the league / imprisoned
I get that, my point is I hope that the opportunity is never there to flip him. That's my stance on it. So in other words, I hope guys who buy low on Hill still lose, as I don't want to see him play a down of football again. That's my stance on it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:47 pm The thing is, I will feel so bad if he is in fact innocent. Im trying not to be the guilty till proven innocent type. Its just hard because unless you go with the group you're a monster who supports child abuse.
Based on the audio of that conversation, he's beaten his son before. Whether or not it happened this particular time is irrelevant to me at this point, with his prior history. He's a piece of garbage. He may not get convicted of this, but the fact he admits to disciplining his child in that manner, combined with his prior history is enough for me to never want to see the guy hit the field again. I'm am all for due process, but the NFL can still deal with him based on that audio and I hope they do, once it's confirmed to be legit.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:43 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:16 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:36 pm I bought him for a late 2020 3rd. Do I feel great about owning him? No. I actually do not, to be honest. But I also know I will be very happy when I sell him for a massive gain if he returns to the field.
Exactly. You don't have to love him to flip him months or a year from now. I mean this is the lowest his value could possibly be, barring actually being kicked out of the league / imprisoned
A strong possibility
Sure, it's very likely. But would you take a 50-50 (?) shot that he's worth a 1st or more... or maybe nothing... Or would you rather not take that chance and sell for a 3rd? Doesn't make much sense to me to sell but whatever

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:34 pm
I get that, my point is I hope that the opportunity is never there to flip him. That's my stance on it. So in other words, I hope guys who buy low on Hill still lose, as I don't want to see him play a down of football again. That's my stance on it.
Fair enough. Props to you for having a strong moral standard even in fantasy football.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm
Based on the audio of that conversation, he's beaten his son before. Whether or not it happened this particular time is irrelevant to me at this point, with his prior history. He's a piece of garbage. He may not get convicted of this, but the fact he admits to disciplining his child in that manner, combined with his prior history is enough for me to never want to see the guy hit the field again. I'm am all for due process, but the NFL can still deal with him based on that audio and I hope they do, once it's confirmed to be legit.
Yes I agree with the point if he punches his kid in the chest, or if he broke his arm. If he did any of that he needs to he in prison. But I dont want to rush to convict him based on the court of public opinion. In that audio he did at one point say he didnt do it. His lack of defense when she explains how he punches their sons chest is alarming. And its disturbing to hear him say "you should be afraid of me too, b****".

But I already sold him when it seemed he was more likely innocent than guilty. If the guy I sold him to wanted to bail for almost nothing then heck I might even stash him again and hope hes innocent. If hes proven guilty then I'd drop him like the rotten sack of dung he likely is.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm
Yes I agree with the point if he punches his kid in the chest, or if he broke his arm. If he did any of that he needs to he in prison. But I dont want to rush to convict him based on the court of public opinion. In that audio he did at one point say he didnt do it. His lack of defense when she explains how he punches their sons chest is alarming. And its disturbing to hear him say "you should be afraid of me too, b****".

But I already sold him when it seemed he was more likely innocent than guilty. If the guy I sold him to wanted to bail for almost nothing then heck I might even stash him again and hope hes innocent. If hes proven guilty then I'd drop him like the rotten sack of dung he likely is.
Absolutely disgusting. For sure.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed May 08, 2019 5:07 am

just to make you feel better, the shitcunt pleaded guilty of punching and choking a pregnant woman, and was rewarded with a clean criminal record.

well i'll be bleep if i ever feel sorry for this subhuman arsehole.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:48 am

Some recent offers:

I offered Washington and Reynolds, he passed.
I offered Sutton for Hill, he passed.
He offered Hill 2.11 3.11 for Landry 2.04, and I passed.

Tough. In one dynasty, I'm just holding Hill and praying.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:48 am Some recent offers:

I offered Washington and Reynolds, he passed.
I offered Sutton for Hill, he passed.
He offered Hill 2.11 3.11 for Landry 2.04, and I passed.

Tough. In one dynasty, I'm just holding Hill and praying.
Id pass on those two, but they're certainly not bad.

His counter was decent too but I can see why you declined.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 08, 2019 12:01 pm

azthecrow wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Thank you.

It feels like you two aren't in possession of the latest facts. Hill's already confirmed guilty of verbally threatening his pregnant fiancee as of last month.

Imagine yourself as the kind of person that says to your wife "you should be terrified of me, bitch" as your first response to her allegation that your son is terrified of you.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed May 08, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:01 pm
Thank you.

Er, guys, he's already confirmed guilty of verbally threatening his pregnant fiancee as of last month.

Imagine yourself as the kind of person that says to your wife "you should be terrified of me, bitch" as your first response to her allegation that your son is terrified of you.
Next stop XFL.

After lighting up that league for a year, he'll talk about how improved he is blah blah blah.......and then someone will sign him. They'll talk about him earning a spot, knocking off the rust, then he'll be the week 1 starter and a 1,200 yard WR.

MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MickRL » Wed May 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Thank you.

Er, guys, he's already confirmed guilty of verbally threatening his pregnant fiancee as of last month.

Next stop XFL.

After lighting up that league for a year, he'll talk about how improved he is blah blah blah.......and then someone will sign him. They'll talk about him earning a spot, knocking off the rust, then he'll be the week 1 starter and a 1,200 yard WR.
Based on the way the winds are blowing as of this moment, barring any new evidence or indictment, my guess is that Tyreek will get a 6 game suspension solely on the basis of the "you should be terrified of me, too", and will be back in time to wreck for teams who held him into the fantasy playoffs.
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: R. Tannehill, S. Darnold, T. Taylor, C. Newton
RB: N. Harris, Jav. Williams, D. Henderson, D. Harris, Ty Johnson, J. Hill, Kerr. Johnson, J. Wilkins
WR: D.J. Moore, L. Shenault, E. Moore, D. Samuel, C. Kirk, D. Mims, J. Crowder, T. Atwell, A. Lazard, R. Higgins
TE: M.Andrews, R. Tonyan, P. Freiermuth, D. Parham
2022 Draft Picks:All but 2nd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked that there are owners that still value him highly..

I mean - Josh Gordon was valued highly for years by fantasy owners despite never stepping on the actual football field for the longest time.

For the record, I am NOT comparing smoking weed to child abuse.

I am comparing the situation of certainty that Tyreek Hill will play again.
He is high profile enough that he will probably play again one day if he can avoid significant jail time.

Yeah, he's a scumbag but I can get why some would take the shot on him.
(I wouldn't personally)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2019 6:07 pm

MickRL wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:04 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Next stop XFL.

Based on the way the winds are blowing as of this moment, barring any new evidence or indictment, my guess is that Tyreek will get a 6 game suspension solely on the basis of the "you should be terrified of me, too", and will be back in time to wreck for teams who held him into the fantasy playoffs.
I think it's going to be more. I think he was already in line for a suspension before the audio. He also needs a team to play on, and it's a good bet the Chiefs eventually cut him. The Hardman pick makes it pretty obvious his time in KC may be short.