The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 02, 2019 11:09 am

moishetreats wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 am The next chapter: Hill's attorney sent the following letter to the NFL (as received by ESPN).

http://www.espn.com/pdf/2019/0502/nfl_hill-tyreek_r.pdf
Why not release the texts? Is there a legal reason barring them from doing so?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am

The "text message exchange" the lawyer is trying to drum up seems faker than a $3 bill.

You mean to tell me, that the same two people who have been together for 5+ years, have a helluva stormy history between the two of them, and who we just listened to in that recording going at each other's throats with Tyreek saying "You should be terrified of me too, B", are exchanging texts like this.

Tyreek: "Crystal you know I didn't cause any bruising or harm to our son. But for some reason I still may be charged"
Crystal: "I know you didn't. I did. I hurt our son. I'm the one that did it. I was hurt and mad at you so I blamed you for everything"

This is the most desperate fake attempt at not losing out on the deal of a lifetime I've ever seen.

I don't think anyone will buy this.
#FreeCoreyDavis

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 am

Too bad MFL doesn't have a "douchebag point adjustor" setting where if a player is a registered & bonafide douchebag, his yardage & TD points get cut in half. Maybe I will suggest that to their tech support. How many of you commishes would enable this feature? :)

But beyond that, I'll just hold Tyreek where I got him. I would rather hold and flip for a higher value if he does play than take a 3rd round pick. Even if it means one day I outright drop him.

And where I don't own him, I won't be looking to buy.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu May 02, 2019 11:31 am

This is a weird saga. Those texts sound like they were sent by the same person on 2 different phones while sitting in front of a dictating lawyer.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 02, 2019 11:46 am

jaykay22 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am The "text message exchange" the lawyer is trying to drum up seems faker than a $3 bill.

You mean to tell me, that the same two people who have been together for 5+ years, have a helluva stormy history between the two of them, and who we just listened to in that recording going at each other's throats with Tyreek saying "You should be terrified of me too, B", are exchanging texts like this.

Tyreek: "Crystal you know I didn't cause any bruising or harm to our son. But for some reason I still may be charged"
Crystal: "I know you didn't. I did. I hurt our son. I'm the one that did it. I was hurt and mad at you so I blamed you for everything"

This is the most desperate fake attempt at not losing out on the deal of a lifetime I've ever seen.

Yeah, this whole thing is pathetic. They really expect that people will believe that she admitted to lying in a casual text exchange?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu May 02, 2019 12:12 pm

jaykay22 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am ...
It all adds up...you've got my ear.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm

With such a public set of messages, I can't wait to see Crystal's response.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 pm

I don't have a problem with having "bad" dudes on my fantasy team because I'm trying to win championships and if some want to go about it "morally", hey that's their prerogative.

However, the inherent risk is that "bad" dudes often times don't lose their spots, meaning they can royally screw you with a dumb decision. The warning signs were there with Tyreek and sirens should be ringing now...I don't own Hill anywhere but I'd gladly throw a 3rd rounder for him at this point. If you're an owner, here's the tricky part...try to salvage any value or hold him b/c what are the odds a 3rd rounder is a stud?

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Thu May 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Hill should be further punished for this pathetic and shallow attempt to beat the system with fake text exchanges. This just keeps getting worse
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:39 pm

Servo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 pm I don't have a problem with having "bad" dudes on my fantasy team because I'm trying to win championships and if some want to go about it "morally", hey that's their prerogative.

However, the inherent risk is that "bad" dudes often times don't lose their spots, meaning they can royally screw you with a dumb decision. The warning signs were there with Tyreek and sirens should be ringing now...I don't own Hill anywhere but I'd gladly throw a 3rd rounder for him at this point. If you're an owner, here's the tricky part...try to salvage any value or hold him b/c what are the odds a 3rd rounder is a stud?
I'm holding at that price. I feel like this stuff always gets blown way up at the time and then fades away. People were saying Hunt was done for. I'm not trying to defend Tyreek at all, but his value will be higher at some point in the future unless he actually gets 5-10 years

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 pm

How is this guy still in question? It seems like they are requiring Chapelle show R Kelly levels of burden of proof.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 am

Unless his fiancee turns on him, I just don't see the authorities having any real case against him. And my guess is she makes a bu$ine$$ decision and stands by Hill.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri May 03, 2019 2:18 am

If those texts are what are the phones.... I agree with Cult. Sounds like she's $elling out (her and her kid) for some potential Tyreek $$$
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:29 pm Hill should be further punished for this pathetic and shallow attempt to beat the system with fake text exchanges. This just keeps getting worse
They may not be fake text exchanges, but her response is screaming a tone of sarcasm. Repeating oneself that much in various ways is characteristic of an eye roll type of response.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri May 03, 2019 5:01 am

So it has become he-said-she-said. sigh
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE