Tyreek Hill

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
grandmabetty
Role Player
Role Player

Tyreek Hill

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 pm

are we feeling better about Hill now? since the news broke that he was being investigated i have heard Zilch and the panic has died down. I traded him the day after the news broke and it was hard to do as he was the crown jewel of my team. At the time there were people that wouldn't even trade for him. I'm wondering if that has changed. Is Hills situation any better than it was when the news broke or not?
ppr, 10 team, 6 pt all td, 40 man roster QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex (r/w/t), K, IDP
Qb- Kyler Murray, Brees, Roethlisberger, Josh Allen, Cam Newton
RB- Melvin Gordon, Kamara, CMC, Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Mark Walton, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love
WR- Mike Evans, tyreek hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, robert woods,Tyler Boyd, Stills, Paris Campbell, Dionte Johnson, Duke Williams
TE- kelce, hunter henry, Greg Olsen Vance McDonald, Jace Sternberger
DT - Kenny Clark
DE - Demarcus Lawrence,
LB - Joe Schobert, Blake Martinez, Matt Malino, Danny Trevathan,
CB - NONE
S - Landon Collins, John Johnson III, Antoine Bethea

2020 1st rd (2)
2020 2nd rd (2)
2020 3rd (0)
2020 4th (1)
2020 5th (1)

Forza_Azzurri
Starter
Starter

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:04 pm

I think it’s mistake to assume no news is good news ... IMO, whether or not the Chiefs draft a WR early will indicate how much trouble he is in.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1)| DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock (IR), E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, J. Adams, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, M. Gallup, D.K. Metcalf, M. Goodwin, Da. Moore, J. Ross (IR)
|TE| M. Gesicki, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gathers, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| Q. Williams, S. Richardson, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key, J. Pierre-Paul (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, M. Kendricks, N. Gerry, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, D. Cole, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| B. Jones, S. Gilmore, M. Peters, G. Conley, D. Trufant, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1 (x2), #3, #5, #6
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3, #6

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Yeah..
Lets not forget; the Hunt news broke and really it did not escalate as quickly until the video was released (which was long after the intitial reports).

Without videos these things take time.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm

No news clearly is good news to this point in time... but yeah, Hill is still far from out of the woods. He won't be safe until investigators publicly confirm the investigation is closed, with no charges (for Hill). I think in that scenario he won't be suspended, because it would all boil down to 'he said she said' between a couple.
Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:04 pm
IMO, whether or not the Chiefs draft a WR early will indicate how much trouble he is in.
This is probably a really good point, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm
No news clearly is good news to this point in time... but yeah, Hill is still far from out of the woods. He won't be safe until investigators publicly confirm the investigation is closed, with no charges (for Hill). I think in that scenario he won't be suspended, because it would all boil down to 'he said she said' between a couple.
The NFL didn't really seem to care if either Hunt or Elliott were charged with a crime.

Forza_Azzurri
Starter
Starter

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hottoddies wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm
ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm
The NFL didn't really seem to care if either Hunt or Elliott were charged with a crime.
True, but in this case if he’s not charged he maybe gets 4-6 games ... if he is charged, his career is over.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1)| DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock (IR), E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, J. Adams, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, M. Gallup, D.K. Metcalf, M. Goodwin, Da. Moore, J. Ross (IR)
|TE| M. Gesicki, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gathers, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| Q. Williams, S. Richardson, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key, J. Pierre-Paul (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, M. Kendricks, N. Gerry, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, D. Cole, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| B. Jones, S. Gilmore, M. Peters, G. Conley, D. Trufant, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1 (x2), #3, #5, #6
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3, #6

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm

As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

With this thing with Hill, if the investigation is closed and CPS take no actions, then we all have to presume the child's injury was truly faultless and accusation to the contrary is just a couple squabbling.

When the NFL has taken action in the past, there was concrete evidence of misconduct, whether or not the law decided it was worthy of prosecution. If CPS clears Hill, that'll be strong evidence in his favor that there was no misconduct at all, at least not on his part.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:31 pm

On the teams where I own him, I’ll stay cautiosly optimistic and hold onto him.

I’ll probably wait until after the NFL draft before sending offers for him.

Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm

I won't own him. I do think that no news is nearly the best news owners could have hoped for to this point. At this point though, his value is permanently damaged in my eyes, because I don't think that KC will extend him to that mega contract they were about to do. Tyreek could be a Redskin or a Dolphin by this time next year. We simply are far from assured of any Mahomes to Tyreek connection long term because of this incident.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm

I actually think the silence to this point is the most damning thing I can point to. What I mean by that is the Tyreek camp has gone silent. Hill vanished from both Twitter and Instagram after this story broke. Considering the fact that he was in line for a huge contract, if there was nothing to this story, I would think his agent would have been trying to manage the situation and say that Hill is fully innocent of any wrongdoing and this complaint is a very unfortunate misunderstanding between Hill and his girlfriend, Tyreek is fully cooperating with authorities..etc....

Even though I absolutely love Hill as a football talent, I agree completely that his long term value takes a big hit....

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm

^^That is actually a great point.

I quickly looked up Hill's twitter; and he posted A LOT and very regularly, if not every day (or multiple times a day).
He hasn't posted at all since March 11th though..
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

Hottoddies
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm
As Phaded just pointed out, there was video of Hunt. And Elliott's misbehavior had many witnesses, apparently.

With this thing with Hill, if the investigation is closed and CPS take no actions, then we all have to presume the child's injury was truly faultless and accusation to the contrary is just a couple squabbling.

When the NFL has taken action in the past, there was concrete evidence of misconduct, whether or not the law decided it was worthy of prosecution. If CPS clears Hill, that'll be strong evidence in his favor that there was no misconduct at all, at least not on his part.
So if a tree falls in a forest and TMZ doesn't get the footage of it, does that mean that it's an upstanding tree?

If a court fails to find someone guilty beyond a reasonable doubt doesn't necessarily follow that one is innocent.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm

At this point for the childs sake, and to a lesser degree Hill's career, that this was all a misunderstanding and a complete accident. I sold already though. Others can do what they want, but I just decided now was the time to cash out.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Don't really care if he's innocent or not. He's developed a trend of incidents and he's off my radar. Never rely on idiots in dynasty. It will always backfire.

MickRL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MickRL » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Phaded wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm
^^That is actually a great point.

I quickly looked up Hill's twitter; and he posted A LOT and very regularly, if not every day (or multiple times a day).
He hasn't posted at all since March 11th though..
He did post a video to his YouTube account in the last week. As far as Twitter is concerned, it's probably just smart for him to lay low until the investigation is complete, regardless of innocence or guilt, considering the stream of consciousness that can result from use of that platform (see: President Donald J. Trump). A YT video can be edited and prettied up much easier, and the recent video was obviously professionally done, and I can't see Rosenhaus or his counsel allowing it to go out unless they have some level of confidence.

The fact that he hasn't done a perp walk yet is nothing but a good sign, as is the fact that DCH is already involved (DCH won't get involved until a criminal investigation is completed as they can foul up the investigation as they aren't trained for that kind of interrogation).

An these are the hopeful ramblings of a person that bought Hill a week before the news initially dropped...
14-Team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FL(R/W/T)
QB: C. Newton, J. Winston, W. Grier
RB: K. Johnson, D. Guice, D. Henderson, R. Penny, Da. Harris, D. Lewis, B. Love, D. Foreman, Ty Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Thomas, T. Hill, C. Kirk, D. Hamilton, D. Funchess, J. Crowder, Da. Moore, J. Watson, R. Higgins
TE: D. Goedert, M.Andrews, J. Witten, De. Harris