Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:07 am

I'm happy this thread is still alive, it's one of my favorite ones.

Why bail on him now? He's just starting to show what the can do. Even if you want to sell, you should wait and let his value go up. The Patriots are desperate at WR, so Harry will get his.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:30 am

steelman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
IR1 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:39 pm Treadwell, Davis and now Harry. I have to hit on a first round receiver at some point, don’t I?
My 1st rounders the last few years

Treadwell - Bust
Cory Coleman - Bust
Sterling Shepherd - can put up WR2 numbers, but is a WR3
Josh Doctson - Bust
Cory Davis - Looking like a Bust
Mixon - RB1/2
Guice - Injuries, nothing you can do about that, he still has a chance though
Penny - still has a chance
Kenneth Dixon (1.12) - bust
Harry - Nothing has changed
DK Metcalf - Looks better than expected, showing more wiggle than people thought he had

It's honestly getting a little tiring missing on these 1st rounders, most of them early in the 1st
Most of your misses come from the 2016 Draft where most everyone in the first other than Elliott or Thomas was pretty much a bust. This is a good lesson for the reason to trade your draft picks for proven talent and let others chase the next hyped player.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:49 am

Can't say I'm that frustrated, but I gave Corey Davis the benefit of the doubt his first year due to injuries early his rookie season, hoping Harry doesn't follow the same route
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:34 pm

If you were hoping for Harry to contribute to your team this year, then yeah, you'd be incredibly frustrated.

Every other rookie WR have had big swings of good games and forgettable ones, shouldn't be a surprise to see Harry getting worked in slowly.

NEP activated him = good sign
Extended game time = good sign

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 pm

IR1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:49 am Can't say I'm that frustrated, but I gave Corey Davis the benefit of the doubt his first year due to injuries early his rookie season, hoping Harry doesn't follow the same route
I'll just leave this here.. slow starts used to be a lot more common. Not sure if weve just gotten spoiled or lazy or what but I'm still team Corey davis. Yes you can blame a situation plus his smaller school etc.

2003 900
2004 1100
2005 700
2006 1100
2007 850
2008 1500

Took awhile for andre Johnson to truly break out. 2 pretty good seasons out of 5. If you had of bailed in that time you would have missed out on some great fantasy seasons

Corey davis

2017 400 (hurt)
2018 900
2019 650 (on pace)

He is more of less on track to have the same kind of middling start to his career as some other great recievers. If he is your wr1 or 2 well then that sucks but he is certainly a hold.

Chris carter

Chris carter is from a different era I know not a great example but still my point is there.

Corey Davis has a ton of talent and if you are patient I am quite certain you will be rewarded.

As for nkeal I am just as high on him as i was in the summer
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 pm
IR1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:49 am Can't say I'm that frustrated, but I gave Corey Davis the benefit of the doubt his first year due to injuries early his rookie season, hoping Harry doesn't follow the same route
I'll just leave this here.. slow starts used to be a lot more common. Not sure if weve just gotten spoiled or lazy or what but I'm still team Corey davis. Yes you can blame a situation plus his smaller school etc.

2003 900
2004 1100
2005 700
2006 1100
2007 850
2008 1500

Took awhile for andre Johnson to truly break out. 2 pretty good seasons out of 5. If you had of bailed in that time you would have missed out on some great fantasy seasons

Corey davis

2017 400 (hurt)
2018 900
2019 650 (on pace)

He is more of less on track to have the same kind of middling start to his career as some other great recievers. If he is your wr1 or 2 well then that sucks but he is certainly a hold.

Chris carter

Chris carter is from a different era I know not a great example but still my point is there.

Corey Davis has a ton of talent and if you are patient I am quite certain you will be rewarded.

Thanks- those are great stats! Wasn't completely off the Davis train, but moving more toward selling than holding.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Those are not great stats, lol. Andre Johnson had;
Year 1 - 976
Year 2 - 1142
Year 3 - Missed 4+ games 688
Year 4 - 1,147
Year 5 - Missed 7 games and STILL had 851 yards

He basically broke out his rookie year, not after 5 years LMAO

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:03 pm

His first 3 years were better but not really much. His first 2 years are basically the same if you prorate for injury
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:04 am

I obviously started this thread and my stance has not changed.

However, if you drafted him then you clearly believe in him and now when he comes off IR is not the time you should be selling. Unless of course you can recoup most if not all of the value and your stance has since changed on him.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 am

What tape are you all watching where you see him as having slow in game speed?

His YAC speed is amazing. When he gets that ball in the flats he's gone for a big touchdown
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:22 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:03 pm His first 3 years were better but not really much. His first 2 years are basically the same if you prorate for injury
Putting up those numbers in an NFL where there was 2-5 4k passers was most definitely impressive especially 900 yds as a rookie. This year the NFL is on pace for 14 4k passers, last year had 12 with 2 5k passers. Andre Johnson is incensed you are putting his #s in the same post let alone the same thread as Davis' #s.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 am

IR1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 pm

2003 900
2004 1100
2005 700
2006 1100
2007 850
2008 1500

Corey davis

2017 400 (hurt)
2018 900
2019 650 (on pace)

Chris carter

Thanks- those are great stats! Wasn't completely off the Davis train, but moving more toward selling than holding.
I'm as frustrated as can be with Corey Davis as I own him in pretty much all the leagues I really care about but selling him right now is probably a bad idea. Not a soul is going to buy him for more than a mid 2nd round pick and to me the talent is too much to give up on for that price right now. Corey Davis is similar to Sammy Watkins to me, If I can't get a late 1st for him then I'd more than comfortable going down with that ship in the hopes he does breakout. (I was able to sell sammy this summer is just about all my leagues I owned him when the whole Tyreek thing was going on).

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am

I love how all threads "player X will bust" always ends up being about CD haha

But as for harry he is just too talented to not be useful and I think his situation is ideal. RBs in new england.. hard pass. Wide recievers? Yes please. Especially if you are in a TD premium league.

I honestly believe he can be a WR1 the ROS
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 am

MrUbuto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am I love how all threads "player X will bust" always ends up being about CD haha

But as for harry he is just too talented to not be useful and I think his situation is ideal. RBs in new england.. hard pass. Wide recievers? Yes please. Especially if you are in a TD premium league.

TD Premium?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 am
MrUbuto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am I love how all threads "player X will bust" always ends up being about CD haha

TD Premium?
Leagues kind of like mine in sig. TD's are the key to winning. Non-ppr, low scoring for yardage.

10/120/0 gets you 2-points

4/50/1 gets you 7-points

TD's are the key to victory, though admittedly hard to predict.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku