Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 am

Certainly the best value in my draft at least, when I took him at #12. I'm thankful my leaguemates were scared off by the size/Lamar concerns.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2020: 9-4, 2nd (AP: 91-26 / 77.8%, 1st) ||| Champion
QB: Russ, Hurts, Wentz
RB: Chubb, JRob, Swift, DJ, Bell, Gurley
WR: Nuk, Diggs, Keenan, Evans, Hollywood, Mooney, Preston, Van
TE: Kelce, Fant
2021 Picks: 1.10, 3.10, 4.01, 4.10, 5.03, 5.04

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 am

I got him at 1.16 last year!
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3970
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm
Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss
Uh oh. Civil unrest.

He's got a point about not being used. But that offense is designed to be run-heavy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm

He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Mims, Miller, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1516
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby mild » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm

CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2690
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm
CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.
It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Mims, Miller, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 pm

CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm
mild wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm
CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.
It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
I think it's still a matter of waiting at this point. Baltimore has a tough task overcoming those O-line deficiencies.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Watson, LJax, Love, Smith
RB: Barkley, Chubb D. Evans, Snell, I. Smith, McKissic, Perine, Ahmed
WR: DJ Moore, Lamb, Hollywood, Hardman, V. Jefferson, P. Williams, Duvernay, Agholor, Cephus
TE: H. Henry, Irv Smith, OJH


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Easy Breesy, Google Adsense [Bot], OhCruelestRanter, PR0v3 and 7 guests