Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am

Hollywood looks good, but I don't buy Lamar as a high-volume passer and that offense spreads the ball around to EVERYBODY. I'm just not sure when he's going to start getting some legit target volume where you would feel comfortable starting him on a weekly basis.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah, the volume will limit Brown for sure. The Ravens are built in a way where they don't intend to pass the ball often - but sometimes that may change due to game script. I know Lamar is in the bottom bunch for attempts.

He's an ideal best ball guy though.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Well there isn't a ton of need for volume if he is the 1a 2a and 3a as far as wideouts go.

If he is being targeted on the majority of the deep balls who cares?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am Hollywood looks good, but I don't buy Lamar as a high-volume passer and that offense spreads the ball around to EVERYBODY. I'm just not sure when he's going to start getting some legit target volume where you would feel comfortable starting him on a weekly basis.
Valid, but things can change very quickly. Brown is such an electric talent that he could very easily start to dominate targets long-term.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm

When he is healthy he is getting the snaps to put up numbers. This week he finally got back to a full workload at 75%. I'm guessing they had been holding him back a little bit since his injury, as he had only been playing around 50-60% of snaps week 9-13. They do also run a ton of 3 TE sets as well, and it seems like they prefer Snead on those snaps for yet another blocker.

I'm still optimistic, dude gets open and Lamar and he will only build more chemistry.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am Hollywood looks good, but I don't buy Lamar as a high-volume passer and that offense spreads the ball around to EVERYBODY. I'm just not sure when he's going to start getting some legit target volume where you would feel comfortable starting him on a weekly basis.
Valid, but things can change very quickly. Brown is such an electric talent that he could very easily start to dominate targets long-term.
No issues with Brown at all. He is a very good route runner that should only get better. He missed a second 43 yard TD because the defender tackled him in the end zone. He was wide open by NFL standards and the ball was on target.

Speed, route acumen, and good hands are great qualities to build on. In that system I expect his target share to increase to around 7-8 on average by next season. If his targets get to 100 plus with his skill set he will be a legit WR1 in the next few years. He is already getting scoring opportunities on a variety of routes.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:31 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 am
remedy29 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am The problem with this analysis, if your only consideration is what happened in 2018, then you have to extrapolate all of it, so let's give;

Baltimore wins 13 or 14 games.
Baltimore is number 1 playoff seed.
Lamar rushes for 1,400 yards.
Lamar is in top 2 in league with rushing.
With these results, Lamar is All Pro and MVP.

As a betting man, I'd want huge odds to bet on any of this happening.
So pretty much nailed his 2019 season. Too bad I didn't believe it and bet Lamar for MVP.
:shock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:35 pm

The nice thing is that this offense is also facilitating an incredibly efficient aerial attack. Lamar is near the bottom of the league in passing attempts, behind a few guys that haven't even played the whole season, but he's #1 in passing TDs. My only worry would be whether this efficiency can keep up on a year-to-year basis. So often these historically explosive offenses see huge regression, but Lamar makes the situation very unique.

In any case, I think expectations for Hollywood as a weekly starter are best tempered until year three or so.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:31 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 am
remedy29 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am The problem with this analysis, if your only consideration is what happened in 2018, then you have to extrapolate all of it, so let's give;

Baltimore wins 13 or 14 games.
Baltimore is number 1 playoff seed.
Lamar rushes for 1,400 yards.
Lamar is in top 2 in league with rushing.
With these results, Lamar is All Pro and MVP.

As a betting man, I'd want huge odds to bet on any of this happening.
So pretty much nailed his 2019 season. Too bad I didn't believe it and bet Lamar for MVP.
:shock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
In July, Vegas odds were +10000 on Lamar winning mvp. If anyone placed any amount on that happening they're pretty happy.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:43 pm
No issues with Brown at all. He is a very good route runner that should only get better. He missed a second 43 yard TD because the defender tackled him in the end zone. He was wide open by NFL standards and the ball was on target.

Speed, route acumen, and good hands are great qualities to build on. In that system I expect his target share to increase to around 7-8 on average by next season. If his targets get to 100 plus with his skill set he will be a legit WR1 in the next few years. He is already getting scoring opportunities on a variety of routes.
I just want to say - I'm extremely excited for Hollywood in his 2nd year. I think with a full offseason to get healthy and build his body back, it will not be unreasonable to think of him as playing the Tyreek Hill role on this offense. He's got the speed, and they've already been doing a lot of the same pre-snap motion looks with Hollywood (and the others). The Ravens use more pre-snap motion than anyone else in the league.

Hollywood and Jackson have become fast friends, and their chemistry has blossomed as a result. Look for Hollywood to get properly healthy and really start being a true danger in 2020. I'd happily plant that flag now.

Ravens use most pre-snap motion in the league - source...
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/281 ... ams-use-it

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 pm

mild wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm Look for Hollywood to get properly healthy and really start being a true danger in 2020. I'd happily plant that flag now.
Let the drum beat begin.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... ge-the-nfl

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1258 ... 99106?s=20

Lots of great nuggets here about how Hollywood Brown is building his body anew for the 2020 season, has gotten his top gear back with the screws in his foot removed, how he plans to play 15 lbs heavier (175) this year, and more. This was particularly cool, and perhaps explains why the Ravens were happy to not chase the top tier this year:
Exactly one year ago, Brown reveals, the Ravens asked Jackson who he wanted as his No. 1 receiver. Jackson told them either Brown in that draft or Jerry Jeudy the following year. So before that 2019 draft, Jackson let Brown know via text: "We're coming to get you."

"Come get me," Brown responded. "Truss."
Hollywood Brown is STILL the best value in the draft - I just put my 1.10 in as an offer in on him in a 10 team league and the owner is seriously mulling it. If you are still a Hollywood Brown believer and do not have him on your roster... now is the window to buy.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Own Brown everywhere, Not selling unless it’s a very high pick.

I only rate Ruggs higher.

Wish his situation was a bit better but expect around 125 targets this year. QB will get even better
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 12, 2020 5:07 pm

mild wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 pm
mild wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm Look for Hollywood to get properly healthy and really start being a true danger in 2020. I'd happily plant that flag now.
Let the drum beat begin.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... ge-the-nfl

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1258 ... 99106?s=20

Lots of great nuggets here about how Hollywood Brown is building his body anew for the 2020 season, has gotten his top gear back with the screws in his foot removed, how he plans to play 15 lbs heavier (175) this year, and more. This was particularly cool, and perhaps explains why the Ravens were happy to not chase the top tier this year:
Exactly one year ago, Brown reveals, the Ravens asked Jackson who he wanted as his No. 1 receiver. Jackson told them either Brown in that draft or Jerry Jeudy the following year. So before that 2019 draft, Jackson let Brown know via text: "We're coming to get you."

"Come get me," Brown responded. "Truss."
Hollywood Brown is STILL the best value in the draft - I just put my 1.10 in as an offer in on him in a 10 team league and the owner is seriously mulling it. If you are still a Hollywood Brown believer and do not have him on your roster... now is the window to buy.
I traded him straight up for Jalen Reagor, so the 1.10 would likely sway a lot of people; although thats more of an indication of how highly this class is thought of than being overly low on Brown (unless you think he has top 5 potential)

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue May 12, 2020 5:12 pm

15 pounds heavier is a lot, will he still have his trademark speed packing on that much?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:12 pm 15 pounds heavier is a lot, will he still have his trademark speed packing on that much?
Read the article and he would tell you it's a "resounding yes". He came in at 165 at the combine, and apparently played at 157 (!) all of last season. He even outright admits how difficult running was for him last year:
Physically, there's nothing imposing about him. At first glance, Brown looks more like an IT manager than a TD machine, but he's changing that here on back day. Brown rows weights for an hour straight, from bands to barbells to machines, with a trainer howling hoarse rep counts in his ear. Last season, Brown played at 157 (!) pounds. (In other words, 60 pounds less than many of his contemporaries.) This season, he plans to play between 170 and 175. So no muscle goes untrained. In between reps, Brown takes a seat on a bench and rapidly grips a football with his fingertips.
To most everyone else, Brown still seemed fast. But he knew the truth: He was missing his top gear.

"It was frustrating because I know what I can do and I'm making plays, but even when I'm making plays, it doesn't feel right," he says. "Everything. I had to try harder than I usually do. To run, for me, is easy. Last year, it wasn't easy. Every step was like, 'Ahhh...' I'm a rookie, so you don't want to think too much. And going out there, I was like, 'How am I going to react if I land on my foot? How am I going to get around him?' So there was a lot to think about."
Brown didn't lift weights after practice, returning home to "rehibernate." Could he have still thrown some dumbbells around? Sure. But the pain in his foot was too demoralizing. He was, admittedly, too "Oh my God, I'm hurting!" What ticked Brown off most was that at Oklahoma, he always played with the same "Attack! Attack! Attack!" mentality his older cousin (Antonio Brown) possessed. But in Baltimore, he couldn't attack. At all. At Oklahoma, Brown hit 23 mph regularly. As an NFL rookie, as the foot worsened, he says he couldn't crack 20. "A big difference," he admits.

Those who knew the old Brown could see it. Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray, Brown's QB at Oklahoma, saw the limp in his stride on TV and often reached out to lift his spirits. Ravens teammates tried, too. Hill faced Brown two years in college, so he knew. And during the week, the running back says Brown could "barely walk."

"He was like a grandpa, like an old man with it," Hill says. "As soon as he got into a receiver stance, he could still fly. It's going to be crazy, because I know what he can do."

Brown tried to remain positive throughout—reminding himself that this forced him to out-think DBs—but was mostly laboring to 2020.

"You watch my college film: Any time I caught any pass, I wanted to score," Brown says, "In the NFL, I catch a pass, and I went down on purpose. People always: 'Why you going down? He's so scared.' I'm like, 'We'll see next year.' I just wanted to get to next year."
Those are probably the relevant bits. Oh, and this:
That night, Brown and Jackson flushed that game, and they've been training together ever since.

Unlike virtually every other QB-WR duo in lockdown, these two live a short drive apart from one another. They've been able to safely work together and set that foundation they never could last summer.

So, Super Bowl? Book it. Brown has some advice for everyone, too.

"Fantasy owners, oh my God. Right after Lamar, you all better get me. Because I'm going to get me."