Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:40 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 pm No one would say Davante Adams is boom/bust but here's his weekly performances

WR 53
WR 15
WR 2
WR 35
WR 1
Five weeks sample size mean nothing when you look at Adams WR1 production over multiple years
Well of course, but Im not arguing that Adams is boom or bust on a 5 game sample...

Hollywood has a long string of consistent games now. Sure he's not Adams, but he's not boom or bust either. At least no more than any other WR1.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 pm No one would say Davante Adams is boom/bust but here's his weekly performances

WR 53
WR 15
WR 2
WR 35
WR 1
Five weeks sample size mean nothing when you look at Adams WR1 production over multiple years
Well of course, but Im not arguing that Adams is boom or bust on a 5 game sample...

Hollywood has a long string of consistent games now. Sure he's not Adams, but he's not boom or bust either. At least no more than any other WR1.
I wouldnt call Brown boom or bust right now, when he is head and shoulders above the other WRs on the field…

But his role could shift to a more stereotypical Z receiver if Bateman proves to be the better X/Intermediate receiver.

I like Bateman, but thats a tall order to ask of any WR coming in given how well Hollywood has played his year. I don’t see the team shaking up his role mid-season… but if Bateman is everything and a bag of chips I could see Marquise becoming more of the Desean Jackson of this offense than AB.

If you want to bet against Bateman being a true Alpha that’s probably the smart bet given how hit or miss WR prospects are… but I personally would rather see how things shake out before I anoint Hollywood as the clear alpha in the receiving core.

Hopefully Lamar continues to put up passing numbers like he has thus far and this is all a moot point. :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:09 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

I wouldnt call Brown boom or bust right now, when he is head and shoulders above the other WRs on the field…

But his role could shift to a more stereotypical Z receiver if Bateman proves to be the better X/Intermediate receiver.

I like Bateman, but thats a tall order to ask of any WR coming in given how well Hollywood has played his year. I don’t see the team shaking up his role mid-season… but if Bateman is everything and a bag of chips I could see Marquise becoming more of the Desean Jackson of this offense than AB.

If you want to bet against Bateman being a true Alpha that’s probably the smart bet given how hit or miss WR prospects are… but I personally would rather see how things shake out before I anoint Hollywood as the clear alpha in the receiving core.

Hopefully Lamar continues to put up passing numbers like he has thus far and this is all a moot point. :lol:
At this point anything is possible with Bateman. I'm going to guess that he's not much of a factor this year and if he is, it will come at the expense of the other WR and Andrews. I don't see an injured rookie coming in and taking a ton of targets from Brown who is doing it all right now and excelling at it. Forcing Brown, who is their biggest weapon (outside Lamar of course), to be a field stretcher would hurt the offense in my opinion. I'd think that would be forcing the round peg in the square hole, unless of course Bateman is THAT good. Also, he hasn't had much time to build chemistry with Lamar, who seems to do a lot better once he's familiar with who he is throwing to.

I did love Bateman as a prospect though but have tempered expectations slightly with the situation at hand.

I am also all for Lamar accounting for 400 yards per game :D

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 am
thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 am On the Hollywood vs Bateman debate, I think the reason a lot of people prefer Bateman and think he is more valuable is due to the type of game he plays. The possession role seems to fit better with who Lamar is, he likes Andrews a lot and Bateman will just give him another fearless target crossing the field at the short to medium distances. Hollywood's game is by more boom or bust, his value is mostly tied to big plays and that is going to be more volatile. My point is I don't see it as a question of "who's the better player". The question I see is, "who's game gives them the better opportunity to produce fantasy points most consistently."

Personally, I'm not interested in owning either of them, the only Raven I would want to pay up for would be Andrews.
Sure, if you assume that all Brown can do is run deep, but he's actually one of the better separators in the league.

As far as producing fantasy points most consistently, Brown this season:

Week 1: WR17
Week 2: WR7
Week 3: WR58
Week 4: WR13
Week 5: WR3

So, outside of one bad game where he dropped multiple passes that could've been touchdowns, Brown has been pretty consistent in his breakout year.

Currently on pace for 95/1533/17

Obviously there will be some TD regression, but I still can't believe there are people who think he's just going to go away and that he's a volatile WR. He's no more "inconsistent" than any other WR.
The point of my post was to provide my opinion as to why people may have more interest in Bateman. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but clearly it ruffled a lot of feathers. I like Hollywood and it certainly looks good for a breakout year for him, but last year he was a WR who finished in the 30's. Also extrapolating pace as you did above is silly, while I'm rooting for Brown I would happily take the under on your pace line for $50.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:09 am

thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:02 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 am
thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 am On the Hollywood vs Bateman debate, I think the reason a lot of people prefer Bateman and think he is more valuable is due to the type of game he plays. The possession role seems to fit better with who Lamar is, he likes Andrews a lot and Bateman will just give him another fearless target crossing the field at the short to medium distances. Hollywood's game is by more boom or bust, his value is mostly tied to big plays and that is going to be more volatile. My point is I don't see it as a question of "who's the better player". The question I see is, "who's game gives them the better opportunity to produce fantasy points most consistently."

Personally, I'm not interested in owning either of them, the only Raven I would want to pay up for would be Andrews.
Sure, if you assume that all Brown can do is run deep, but he's actually one of the better separators in the league.

As far as producing fantasy points most consistently, Brown this season:

Week 1: WR17
Week 2: WR7
Week 3: WR58
Week 4: WR13
Week 5: WR3

So, outside of one bad game where he dropped multiple passes that could've been touchdowns, Brown has been pretty consistent in his breakout year.

Currently on pace for 95/1533/17

Obviously there will be some TD regression, but I still can't believe there are people who think he's just going to go away and that he's a volatile WR. He's no more "inconsistent" than any other WR.
The point of my post was to provide my opinion as to why people may have more interest in Bateman. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but clearly it ruffled a lot of feathers. I like Hollywood and it certainly looks good for a breakout year for him, but last year he was a WR who finished in the 30's. Also extrapolating pace as you did above is silly, while I'm rooting for Brown I would happily take the under on your pace line for $50.
So would I. It was simply putting his current production into perspective.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:33 pm

I was absolutely wrong on Brown. I should've listened to Killa Cam.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:17 pm

WR 53
WR 15
WR 2
WR 35
WR 1
Cool. Now do Mike Evans 😉
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Out targeted by the rookie in his debut (as of mid Q4). Hope you sold high on Brown.
Last edited by gogobradyarm on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm Out targeted by the rookie in his debut. Hope you sold high on Brown.
Give it a rest, man. Victory lapping over targets in one game? Is every comment you make, from Watson to this, skewed so heavily in ownership bias.

BTW, the game isn't over and the targets are currently even. Brown has more yards.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm Out targeted by the rookie in his debut. Hope you sold high on Brown.
5 to 5 now.

On a day where the Ravens are up 28 and Lamar has 167 passing yards.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm
Give it a rest, man. Victory lapping over targets in one game? Is every comment you make, from Watson to this, skewed so heavily in ownership bias.

BTW, the game isn't over and the targets are currently even. Brown has more yards.
It's a joke. I have no takeaways from this game besides, Lamar is good and the LAC can't stop him

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Don't be a party pooper. Bateman >>> Brown. Victory lap engaged.

Bateman got another target and my statement stands true.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Don't be a party pooper. Bateman >>> Brown. Victory lap engaged.

Bateman got another target and my statement stands true.
And he dropped it lol funny way to take a victory lap

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Guys, go buy Duvernay for 90% of the production of Brown/Bateman at 10% of the price.

Classic box score analysis

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm Guys, go buy Duvernay for 90% of the production of Brown/Bateman at 10% of the price.

Classic box score analysis
Don't be salty. Bateman coming in as a rookie and getting more targets than a WR1 according to this thread, is a statement. Bateman has all the analytics and fits Lamar's play style perfectly. Like I said, hope you sold Brown shares, his value about to drop.

Year 9 of my league