Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:04 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm Guys, go buy Duvernay for 90% of the production of Brown/Bateman at 10% of the price.

Classic box score analysis
Don't be salty. Bateman coming in as a rookie and getting more targets than a WR1 according to this thread, is a statement. Bateman has all the analytics and fits Lamar's play style perfectly. Like I said, hope you sold Brown shares, his value about to drop.
LOL. I can't take you seriously, man. Your ownership bias dictates pretty much every opinion I see from you. Taking results from 1 game to fit your narrative.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm Guys, go buy Duvernay for 90% of the production of Brown/Bateman at 10% of the price.

Don't be salty. Bateman coming in as a rookie and getting more targets than a WR1 according to this thread, is a statement. Bateman has all the analytics and fits Lamar's play style perfectly. Like I said, hope you sold Brown shares, his value about to drop.
What's encouraging was his usage, not the box score.

They threw to him in crucial situations (3rd down) and getting him touches was clearly a part of the gameplan.

He still has some things to work on -- which is to be expected from a rookie who missed a lot of practice time.. but for those that were high on Bateman this was pretty close to the best case scenario for his debut.

LAC's defense has smothered WRs so far this season (2nd fewest points surrendered to WRs) and the shootout between two high powered offenses never materialized.. so Marquise having a down game was somewhat expected. Still too early to tell which of these guys is going to emerge but at this point I'd probably lean Bateman.
Last edited by Sriracha on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm

They threw to him in crucial situations (3rd down) and getting him touches was clearly a part of the gameplan.

He obviously has just scratched the surface of his potential in this offense (Lamar's 1st INT also came on a target to him) and that's to be expected from a rookie who missed a lot of practice time.. but for those that were high on Bateman this was pretty close to the best case scenario for his debut.

LAC's defense has smothered WRs so far this season (2nd fewest points surrendered to WRs) and the shootout between two high powered offenses never materialized.. still too early to tell which of these guys is going to emerge but at this point I'd probably lean Bateman.

They both will get their share. Watkins and Bateman play the same role. Hollywood plays a different position. Nothing is going to change, IMO. Watkins is the one who will most likely lose out. Hollywood was fingertips away from a 20 plus yard TD today. I don't see any negative for either player being on the other side of each other. I see Watkins as the eventual loser.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:09 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 pm

He obviously has just scratched the surface of his potential in this offense (Lamar's 1st INT also came on a target to him) and that's to be expected from a rookie who missed a lot of practice time.. but for those that were high on Bateman this was pretty close to the best case scenario for his debut.

LAC's defense has smothered WRs so far this season (2nd fewest points surrendered to WRs) and the shootout between two high powered offenses never materialized.. so Marquise having a down game was somewhat expected. Still too early to tell which of these guys is going to emerge but at this point I'd probably lean Bateman.
Agree on all your points. Cheers!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm Out targeted by the rookie in his debut. Hope you sold high on Brown.
5 to 5 now.

On a day where the Ravens are up 28 and Lamar has 167 passing yards.
I don't see how anyone can take analysis of one game, and 6 targets from a WR as proof on anything on the effect of another player. Talk about a small sample size trap. It's funny to me, that people want to read so much into a game where Hollywood had 5 targets, and just missed a TD. He had 5 target games before Bateman played. If people want to devalue Hollywood for some reason, sign me up for being a buyer.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:04 pm

LOL. I can't take you seriously, man. Your ownership bias dictates pretty much every opinion I see from you. Taking results from 1 game to fit your narrative.
Your ownership bias barb would make sense if I didn't watch football or blindly rooted for players, but the only stake I had in the game is scouting the guy and believing in him (which is why I acquired him). If you think I have blind owner bias, then you're mistaken.

I've been banging the drum for Bateman for a long time. I also started the Jefferson parade extremely early last year, when people were saying they would rather have Michael Thomas because he was a proven asset.

Bateman is the next big thing, and while Brown isn't bad, he is being outclassed the first game by a rookie. But hey, if you feel otherwise, it probably is ownership bias :lol:
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:17 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm Out targeted by the rookie in his debut. Hope you sold high on Brown.
5 to 5 now.

I don't see how anyone can take analysis of one game, and 6 targets from a WR as proof on anything on the effect of another player. Talk about a small sample size trap. It's funny to me, that people want to read so much into a game where Hollywood had 5 targets, and just missed a TD. He had 5 target games before Bateman played. If people want to devalue Hollywood for some reason, sign me up for being a buyer.
It is far more than just the targets, that is simply a poke. The fact that a rookie came in, first game and did it, carries far more weight.

Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:30 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:21 pm

5 to 5 now.

It is far more than just the targets, that is simply a poke. The fact that a rookie came in, first game and did it, carries far more weight.
It really doesn't carry any weight IMO. He is not getting any more targets than Watkins. Hollywood's target share won't change. With his role, he's going to have games of 5 targets. It's about the roles they both play. Hollywood's targets went 6, 10, 7, 5, 10 without Bateman. There is literally nothing to take away about Hollywood's role in the offense because a rookie got 6 targets, playing the role Watkins previously held. Watkins had 8,7,7,7,3 targets. Nothing has changed for Hollywood. The idea his role on the team has changed today is patently absurd.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:30 pm

It really doesn't carry any weight IMO. He is not getting any more targets than Watkins. Hollywood's target share won't change. With his role, he's going to have games of 5 targets. It's about the roles they both play. Hollywood's targets went 6, 10, 7, 5, 10 without Bateman. There is literally nothing to take away about Hollywood's role in the offense because a rookie got 6 targets, playing the role Watkins previously held. Watkins had 8,7,7,7,3 targets. Nothing has changed for Hollywood. The idea his role on the team has changed today is patently absurd.
You're in denial my friend.

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Brown with lowest target count and yards on the season. We're going to brush that off as a coincidence and not because Bateman is playing? Sure, if you want to chalk it up as one week, i'm fine with that. That said, if you stand with my beliefs, you'll sell Brown while you can.

Year 9 of my league

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:37 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Brown with lowest target count and yards on the season. We're going to brush that off as a coincidence and not because Bateman is playing? Sure, if you want to chalk it up as one week, i'm fine with that. That said, if you stand with my beliefs, you'll sell Brown while you can.
The Ravens were up big and running a lot. That's got to be a factor.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:30 pm The idea his role on the team has changed today is patently absurd.
A greater truth has never been told.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:37 pm

The Ravens were up big and running a lot. That's for to be a factor.
Can agree there. Bateman had 4 catches, all of which went for first downs. We may see this offense evolve with him. While Brown still has a role, he isn't going to be a ball control target, he is a field spreader and that carries less weight in PPR.

Year 9 of my league

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:48 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:41 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:37 pm

The Ravens were up big and running a lot. That's for to be a factor.
Can agree there. Bateman had 4 catches, all of which went for first downs. We may see this offense evolve with him. While Brown still has a role, he isn't going to be a ball control target, he is a field spreader and that carries less weight in PPR.
Brown gets open at will, which obviously has a lot of value in the NFL. He is not just a deep threat. Bateman and Brown do different things and can co-exist. I'm confused as to why this has to be a one or the other thing.

Like I'll keep saying, the person most affected by Bateman getting into the mix...is Watkins.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Brown gets open, but it takes him a second to get up to speed, so his best area is the mid to deep range. He's not like Adam Thielen or Julian Edelman, both of whom create space in the first half second and can thrive in the short range. I think this pushes the "deep threat" mindset when some think of Brown.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.