Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby mild » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:45 am Hollywood had 13 targets but finished with 37 yards. Yikes. That sounds like the first half of last week's game too. Lamar just isn't that good of a passer.
He's literally leading PFF's clean pocket passing grade. He's a plenty fine passer when he is kept clean. But sure, whatever, confirm your priors.

They ran the Madden "Mid Blitz" all night and showed Cover 0 for 60+ snaps. This loss belongs on the Playcalling/Offensive design, and the poor play of the offensive line + protections. If a Defense hits you with one look all night and you can't solve it, then that's on the coaching and play design.

Most QB's tend to look pretty bad when they are literally running for their life on every snap.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:05 pm

mild wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:45 am Hollywood had 13 targets but finished with 37 yards. Yikes. That sounds like the first half of last week's game too. Lamar just isn't that good of a passer.
He's literally leading PFF's clean pocket passing grade. He's a plenty fine passer when he is kept clean. But sure, whatever, confirm your priors.

They ran the Madden "Mid Blitz" all night and showed Cover 0 for 60+ snaps. This loss belongs on the Playcalling/Offensive design, and the poor play of the offensive line + protections. If a Defense hits you with one look all night and you can't solve it, then that's on the coaching and play design.

Most QB's tend to look pretty bad when they are literally running for their life on every snap.
Indeed. See Dallas & Dak Prescott vs. Denver D using Man Match Coverage - a look we're likely to see again against the Cowboys if they cannot figure out how to solve it. Does not mean Dak Prescott suddenly is a bust because he went 19-39 for 232 yards and a average target depth below 6 yards.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:35 am

Whoever made this post is correct!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:19 pm

From what I've watched of his passing over the years, he isn't that good at passing. He has almost no touch. A lot of McNabb like throws into the turf, or rocketing the ball over the receiver's head.

I think his running ability creates big play passing opportunities, and that may lead to nice PFF ratings. Pretend he doesn't run and relies on just throwing like Drew Brees. He'd be a very average NFL QB, maybe even just bad. But he CAN run, so that ability saves his value as a QB overall.

I know I'm not going to convince his supporters, and that's fine with me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:19 pm

From what I've watched of his passing over the years, he isn't that good at passing. He has almost no touch. A lot of McNabb like throws into the turf, or rocketing the ball over the receiver's head.

I think his running ability creates big play passing opportunities, and that may lead to nice PFF ratings. Pretend he doesn't run and relies on just throwing like Drew Brees. He'd be a very average NFL QB, maybe even just bad. But he CAN run, so that ability saves his value as a QB overall.

I know I'm not going to convince his supporters, and that's fine with me.
I agree he's got a little McNabb inconsistency to his mechanics... but no touch?!?! You're joking.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:19 pm I know I'm not going to convince his supporters, and that's fine with me.
I agree he's got a little McNabb inconsistency to his mechanics... but no touch?!?! You're joking.
He's been beating the drum on "Lamar can't pass" on this thread for a long time. He's stuck in his corner.

You can be a supporter of Lamar whilst also believing in the data and what your eyes tell you. Lamar year 1? Could not pass.

But you're nuts if you're watching this year and not seeing the leap.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:23 pm

mild wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:10 pm But you're nuts if you're watching this year and not seeing the leap.
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:39 pm

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:36 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:33 pm I was absolutely wrong on Brown. I should've listened to Killa Cam.
I love the animated Spiderman movie and can't wait for No Way Home. I feel like we just got our own crossover reference here where a character from one universe/forum gets mentioned in another.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:11 pm

IIRC, this was the thread with the Marquise/Bateman debate, not a Bateman thread.
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Anyone think this means anything more than getting previous practice time with Huntley?

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:11 pm IIRC, this was the thread with the Marquise/Bateman debate, not a Bateman thread.
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Anyone think this means anything more than getting previous practice time with Huntley?
Nope, just single game variance and maybe the Huntley connection plays in a bit.

DK - 8-4-43-0
Lockett - 9-5-142-1
Target-catch-yard-TD

Looking to sell DK for Lockett?
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:11 pm IIRC, this was the thread with the Marquise/Bateman debate, not a Bateman thread.
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Huntley missed Brown open on two deep routes twice in the game. Easily could've been a bigger game.

Bateman is good as well, but no I wouldn't say it means anything more.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Huntley missed Brown open on two deep routes twice in the game. Easily could've been a bigger game.

Bateman is good as well, but no I wouldn't say it means anything more.
Agree here with CG. Bateman catches dam near everything too. Which is great when the backup QB is in... not sure if Huntley will be the starter going forward, but I wouldn't buy into much that happens while he's the starter either

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Nope, just single game variance and maybe the Huntley connection plays in a bit.

DK - 8-4-43-0
Lockett - 9-5-142-1
Target-catch-yard-TD

Looking to sell DK for Lockett?
Wasn't suggesting Brown should be traded for Bateman. It is interesting/concerning that Bateman has been getting consistent targets since coming back from injury, and Brown's experienced a concurrent reduction of 100 yard receiving games and/or TDs since the bye-
7 games before the bye- 2 games over 100 yards and 6 TDs
5 games since the bye (Brown missed one)- 1x100 yard receiving games, 0 TDs

This is just box score scouting, and if I were gonna counter looking at numbers, I'd say he's still getting consistent targets. Anyone have thoughts in watching the games or following the team? Is the offense strong enough to support all three of Brown, Andrews AND Bateman?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Brown- 8-5-41
Bateman- 8-7-103
tar-catch-yrd

Agreed. I watched part of this game and the announcers kept saying how tight the Browns were playing Brown and how the Brown's best cover guys were always assigned to Brown, not Bateman. Not to mention Lamar missing a large chunk of the game.

I'll need to see this happen for the rest of the season before I entertain the possibility that Bateman has supplanted Brown as the 1st choice in Baltimore.
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 pmHuntley missed Brown open on two deep routes twice in the game. Easily could've been a bigger game.
This too!!!! I was screaming at the tv: "C'mon Huntley! He was WIDE OPEN!"
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser