General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby jenkins.math » Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:54 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 am
MrUbuto wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:53 am I dont think I can ever recall a draft like this before.

Guy goes 1.2 and 2.03 absolute madness

Can anyone recall something like this before?
Last year in two SF leagues I saw RoJo go as high as 1.03 and as low as 2.05.
You're right but I think this can be said about a lot more than just Marquise this year. There's not really too many top tier guys besides Jacobs and Harry... Hock and Fant seem good but people are worried about taking TE very early. All the WR seem like toss ups at this point and no one can really say who the 2nd best RB prospect is (although my money is on Sanders).

This will likely be a year where you can get great talent in the 2nd round of you can find the right guy
This is why I've felt like it's best to move back to the late first/early 2nd. That way you can just take whoever falls instead of taking someone similar at 1.04.

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 am

I just got him at 3.01 in a 12 team PPR Superflex. Couldn’t pass that up. Here’s the results so far...

https://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... 61441&O=17

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am

Badkins1121 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 am I just got him at 3.01 in a 12 team PPR Superflex. Couldn’t pass that up. Here’s the results so far...

Darwin Thompson drafted before Marquise Brown.

Oh boy.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am
Badkins1121 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 am I just got him at 3.01 in a 12 team PPR Superflex. Couldn’t pass that up. Here’s the results so far...

Darwin Thompson drafted before Marquise Brown.

Oh boy.
yeah people draft situation not talent 3.01..........
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Tue May 07, 2019 2:22 pm

DynastyDeepDive wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:07 am Brown just went 1.05 in our draft last night. Superflex PPR - 10 team. First round went like this.

1.01 Murray
1.02 Jacobs
1.03 Sanders
1.04 Harry
1.05 Brown
1.06 Campbell
1.07 Fant
1.08 Montgomery
1.09 Haskins
1.10 Hockesnon

Drafts will be all over the place. Just pick with your gut and who you like. That's my advise!
I think the wrong Brown went in this first round.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm

In one league I got MBrown at 1.10. I took him one spot ahead of Fant, was deciding between Fant and MBrown as AJB was already off the board. In my 16 tm SF TE premium MBrown went 1.08 one spot ahead of Fant. I got AJB at 1.12.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Tue May 07, 2019 3:09 pm

I took him at 1.12 in a 16 tm idp 1qb league already have offers for him
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed May 08, 2019 10:33 am

I cannot get on board with the situation. A running team with a running QB in the cold climate on grass, trying to utilize a deep threat with a QB who isn't accurate? What's his upside here? HUGE talent but he's handicapped.

I think his numbers will be similar to Jeremy Maclin in Philly his first 4 years. 800 yards, 60 catches, 4 TDs. Jackson's most passing ypg was 204. There isn't a whole lot of opportunity here...
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 am

Chris_R wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:33 am I cannot get on board with the situation. A running team with a running QB in the cold climate on grass, trying to utilize a deep threat with a QB who isn't accurate? What's his upside here? HUGE talent but he's handicapped.

I think his numbers will be similar to Jeremy Maclin in Philly his first 4 years. 800 yards, 60 catches, 4 TDs. Jackson's most passing ypg was 204. There isn't a whole lot of opportunity here...
It's a bad situation. Marquise benefited from his own separation skills combined with an accurate QB. Jackson is not that. The best case scenario is Jackson flops this year and they move on from him, I think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 08, 2019 1:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 am
Chris_R wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:33 am I cannot get on board with the situation. A running team with a running QB in the cold climate on grass, trying to utilize a deep threat with a QB who isn't accurate? What's his upside here? HUGE talent but he's handicapped.

It's a bad situation. Marquise benefited from his own separation skills combined with an accurate QB. Jackson is not that. The best case scenario is Jackson flops this year and they move on from him, I think.
Bad situation?
I get people are scared of Jackson after only a few games but anyone that watched the Raven's in the playoff game saw first hand in the second half that they have to throw the football. They threw it 29 times that game BTW.

The question to really ask is how often does a WR get drafted to be the teams #1 WR as a rookie week 1?

That answer is rarely especially given there are 32 teams in the league. This organization ejected their top WR's so this draft he is the only one expected to fill this role right out of the gate.

I think it pretty funny that the overriding view point is that this team won't adapt and throw the ball often and even if they only throw it 25 times a game on average which would easily rank them dead last in the league, that would leave 400 targets. The lead WR is going to get the lion's share of targets.

Doesn't sound like a bad situation for a rookie WR when one breaks it down.

The 32'nd ranked team in attempts was 427 last year, the top passing team threw it 689 times. The middle threw it 563 times last season. Only 2 teams threw it under 450 times and only 5 teams threw it under 500 times over a 16 game schedule.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:22 pm

I feel like there's a slight (probably more than slight...) narrative of Jackson needing to be super accurate deep down the field on order for Brown to be relevant.

Was Brown not an excellent route runner and used all over in college? Shouldn't the separation be there and mitigate some of the accuracy issues? Won't there be underneath work for Brown to get some YAC and utilize his speed?

I would really hope they don't just send him on fly routes. Should have just drafted DK at that point as I'm positive he would be a much better run blocker as well lol

Edit: this probably applies more to real life than fantasy. I forgot this was a fantastic site lol I bet he's a boom or bust type WR
Last edited by Jigga94 on Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed May 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Ice wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 am

Bad situation?
I get people are scared of Jackson after only a few games but anyone that watched the Raven's in the playoff game saw first hand in the second half that they have to throw the football. They threw it 29 times that game BTW.

The question to really ask is how often does a WR get drafted to be the teams #1 WR as a rookie week 1?

That answer is rarely especially given there are 32 teams in the league. This organization ejected their top WR's so this draft he is the only one expected to fill this role right out of the gate.

I think it pretty funny that the overriding view point is that this team won't adapt and throw the ball often and even if they only throw it 25 times a game on average which would easily rank them dead last in the league, that would leave 400 targets. The lead WR is going to get the lion's share of targets.

Doesn't sound like a bad situation for a rookie WR when one breaks it down.

The 32'nd ranked team in attempts was 427 last year, the top passing team threw it 689 times. The middle threw it 563 times last season. Only 2 teams threw it under 450 times and only 5 teams threw it under 500 times over a 16 game schedule.
The playoff game where he threw for 194 yards, 1 INT, and 3 fumbles? Yea....I didn't see anything encouraging about that performance. This is an offense that'll never ask him to throw 30+ times a game, so you're banking on Lamar Jackson passing 20-28 times a game is enough to support a reliable fantasy WR. Out of his 8 games, 6 were less than 180 passing yards. To compound that, he's only completing about half of those throws, so 12-14 completions a game.

If you can get behind Lamar Jackson throwing it 25 times a game with 12 completions for 200 yards by all means. But he's gonna end up a much better real life WR than fantasy WR. For a comparison, Flacco was throwing it over 34 times every single week. Four weeks over 40 attempts and two over 50. I don't see Lamar being used like that.

As to your 2nd point 'who is drafted to be a WR1 week 1'? Marquis doesn't have WR1 potential in Baltimore ever. At least other guys in the class can be eventually, or have a situation that makes it possible. I don't think he'll be useless, I just can't get excited about what I think maxes out at 800 yards a year. Jackson doesn't suck, but we need more volume than what he offers.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed May 08, 2019 1:26 pm

The Ravens lead receiver could be a group of TE's. lol. I get what your trying to say but, the TE is a big deal in that offense for whatever reason. M.Brown should be expected to be their best WR but.... look at who else is there. It is just a poor passing offense period. Yeah, his volume should be there but, I'd expect realistic outcomes of low to very low TD totals, 60+ ish receptions (which is still very good for a rookie wr in that offense), and probably around 80-100 targets. He is a back end of round one draft pick. His upside is severely capped and - his floor is still too low for me to reach too high.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 08, 2019 2:02 pm

I find it hilarious that so many do not understand what this team is attempting to do given the draft. 3 High picks on speed offensive players.

This is a very competent coaching staff and they know the Chargers put in a defensive scheme that shut down their running game in the first half of the playoff game.

The offense was slow and it didn't matter if Flacco threw it hundred times a game they were not competing due to the majority of WR's that ran about as fast as we do these days.

Whether Jackson becomes a quality passer or not, this team is going nowhere if they can't throw the ball effectively. Anyone that has studied Jackson even a little knows that his over 9,000 passing yards in college was effective in the shorter speed routes so what did the Ravens do; Drafted the fastest player in college that excels in route running at all levels. They drafted a speedster with 4.4 speed at RB to get underneath routes and drafted one of the fastest X WR's in the draft to drag defenders.

We may not see a ton of long passes but we are going to see a more balanced offense this year.

My take is all of those that have bought into the narrative that this team is in static purgatory after 7 games forevermore destined to only run the ball going forward will look back and wonder WTF were they thinking.

Regardless of what one thinks of Jackson or Brown, the Ravens have openly told every team they will not be one dimensional going forward based on their draft. Teams are going to have to respect their now incredible team speed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:18 pm

I'm with Ice, just not as optimistic it will work that well. We shall see.