Embarrassing - Errors in Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Embarrassing - Errors in Offers

Postby thebeast » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

If you click the trade button from the rosters page and forget to uncheck the random player that you clicked on then if the trade was accepted you would be getting the extra player, you wouldn't be offering an extra player. Also, when I use that button I always click on the primary player I am interested in. If I'm looking to deal picks then the first thing I do is unselect the player I clicked on. What am I missing?

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, I got an extra player in each offer. It's a salary cap league and teams routinely offload bad contracts to other teams with more cap space. So getting extra players can actually be a bad thing.

I inadvertently asked for Tannenhill and Snead, respectively, who are on terrible contracts. And my team isn't working in a position to take on bad contracts. So they each would have wrecked my 2019 campaign.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:58 pm

In my Blackberry days I was always doing this...not noticing I'd included the wrong player, that I'd forgotten to add a pick, etc. with the clunky interface and my big thumbs. Luckily my leaguemates are all relaxed and let me off the hook/didn't accept my clearly stupid offers.

Worse was my reply and reply all buttons were so close together. Dozens of times I thought I was replying one on one to an owner's trade bait, when the rest of the league would chime in. Happy days!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm Yeah, I got an extra player in each offer. It's a salary cap league and teams routinely offload bad contracts to other teams with more cap space. So getting extra players can actually be a bad thing.

I inadvertently asked for Tannenhill and Snead, respectively, who are on terrible contracts. And my team isn't working in a position to take on bad contracts. So they each would have wrecked my 2019 campaign.
Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks for clarifying for my embarrassing question!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:07 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm If you click the trade button from the rosters page and forget to uncheck the random player that you clicked on then if the trade was accepted you would be getting the extra player, you wouldn't be offering an extra player. Also, when I use that button I always click on the primary player I am interested in. If I'm looking to deal picks then the first thing I do is unselect the player I clicked on. What am I missing?
If you forget to unclick it, it's embarrassing(thread title). Offering a 2nd for Nyhiem Hines and Julio Jones instead of just Hines is a tad of a lowball. That was my reasoning for my contributions. I have done something like this before, and had to send a DM to the owner explaining he shouldn't be cursing my name looking at the offer I sent him. He was actually thinking WTF, and laughed about it when I clarified it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm

I did the exact same thing a day or two ago- looking at all the rosters to find a trade partner, click a player, make an offer. The end result was I offered what I thought was a fair offer- with him sending his QB1 tossed in for the right to trade with me. Noticed within minutes, revoked and sent the real offer- and got it rejected anyway.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 pm
M-Dub wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm Drom the Rosters page, I always just click on the team name, and then the top option on their team page is “Propose a trade.” Two clicks and you’re there.
That doesn't work for me. It takes me to the Team Roster page, so I still have to click on Main to get me to where "Propose Trade" is located. So a total of three clicks, which is far too many clicks in this day and age.
Agree that three clicks is an egregious amount. It’s weird that it takes you to the roster page, though, especially when you were just viewing their roster. Maybe it has something to do with the league settings. As the commish, you could probably get to the bottom of it, but that could be way more clicks than it’s worth. Haha.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:27 am

I picked up an orphan a month ago on mfl thought that the future draft pick page was in order, not at all. Thought I traded Lindsay for the 1.05 it was the 1.11 I realized yesterday :wall:
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:31 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:28 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 pm
M-Dub wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm Drom the Rosters page, I always just click on the team name, and then the top option on their team page is “Propose a trade.” Two clicks and you’re there.
That doesn't work for me. It takes me to the Team Roster page, so I still have to click on Main to get me to where "Propose Trade" is located. So a total of three clicks, which is far too many clicks in this day and age.
Agree that three clicks is an egregious amount. It’s weird that it takes you to the roster page, though, especially when you were just viewing their roster. Maybe it has something to do with the league settings. As the commish, you could probably get to the bottom of it, but that could be way more clicks than it’s worth. Haha.
So if you to to Report & Settings in the Commissioner's Setup, you can adjust whether clicking on a franchise sends you to the roster page or the franchise info page. If you select franchise info page, then you can view the Draft order page and then click on a franchise, which will take you to the franchise info page, which has the Trade With link right at the top. Probably the quickest and most efficient way to do it.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm

MFL taxi squad page is evil

I once dropped Mixon attempting to stash him on my taxi squad to make room for a temporary pickup since his rookie year Mixon didn't get volume right away

Comish was generous and no league mates were against, they just gave me some crap, having Mixon placed back onto my roster
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm MFL taxi squad page is evil

I once dropped Mixon attempting to stash him on my taxi squad to make room for a temporary pickup since his rookie year Mixon didn't get volume right away

Comish was generous and no league mates were against, they just gave me some crap, having Mixon placed back onto my roster
AGREED! I have to look long and hard before pressing the button, especially after a few drinks. It should be split to two different sides of the screen for demote/promote and drop.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick