O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

In a 1 QB PPR league you have the 1.01 and you're on the clock. Who do you take?

Hakeem Butler
5%
N'Keal Harry
41%
DK Metcalf
20%
Josh Jacobs
12%
AJ Brown
8%
Kelvin Harmon
No votes
Darrell Henderson
No votes
Marquise Brown
1%
Miles Sanders
10%
David Montgomery
1%
Other
1%

Total votes: 166

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

Postby ArrylT » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 pm Most people would agree that there is no clear cut #1 this year. It's easy to poke holes in any of these prospects as the 15 pages on Metcalf would attest to. But the question is; who WOULD you take in that spot if you had to?

O.K. So here's the situation: You're in a 1 QB PPR league that drafts before the NFL draft. Despite all your attempts to trade out of that spot, you are stuck with the 1.01 and you're on the clock. Who do you take?
Just re-posting this on Page 3 so the topic doesnt get off track. You're stuck at 1.01 and have to pick.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Given the situation described, DK Metcalf for same reason ArryIT stated earlier. Highest upside. This rb class falls way short for me. Landing spot is huge this year for all skilled position guys. 7-8 nice wr, 2-3 real nice TE, not high on qb class. Only 2-3 rb look promising to me and they still are heavily landing spot dependent. Not a great draft to be heavily invested in imo, Unless you need multiple wr.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm

David Montgomery has 2 votes. Good Lord. With decisions like that, get used to making picks at 1.01. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:07 pm

I voted Josh Jacobs as my 1.01; however I am not remotely confident in it nor have I given it much thought as the earliest I pick is 1.10 (which I am relatively content with, as this seems like a deep albeit not a star-studded draft - and there are a couple players I am eying in that range).

However, if this list of players is who I am looking at with 1.01, I would not be happy to have that pick this year.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:07 pm I voted Josh Jacobs as my 1.01; however I am not remotely confident in it nor have I given it much thought as the earliest I pick is 1.10 (which I am relatively content with, as this seems like a deep albeit not a star-studded draft - and there are a couple players I am eying in that range).

However, if this list of players is who I am looking at with 1.01, I would not be happy to have that pick this year.
Jacobs has major stud potential. I am amazed at how many think this is a weak draft.

This is the best WR class I have seen in years. may not be a ton of RB's but Jacobs is a worthy 1.1 pick and Sanders has a ton of potential.

Compared to last year, this WR and TE class is gold. 1.10 is a great pick this year. That said 1.1 and 1.2 are even better. Not saying people have to overpay to move up but those high picks net the pick of the litter.

In a few years my take is the fantasy community will look back and wonder how they ever thought this was a weak draft. What is hard is trying to rank these players but its not because of weakness but because of strength of field. Making ranking more difficult is this defensive class with front 7 players may be the best in decades.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm David Montgomery has 2 votes. Good Lord. With decisions like that, get used to making picks at 1.01. :lol:
Like I originally stated, it's easy to poke holes in any of these prospects. Running around the classroom kicking over block towers can be a lot of fun sometimes. However, the purpose of this exercise was to claim who your pick would be if you had to make that choice. Gun to your head, who do you have?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Josh Jacobs barely edged out AJ Brown for me, not knowing landing spots.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm David Montgomery has 2 votes. Good Lord. With decisions like that, get used to making picks at 1.01. :lol:
Like I originally stated, it's easy to poke holes in any of these prospects. Running around the classroom kicking over block towers can be a lot of fun sometimes. However, the purpose of this exercise was to claim who your pick would be if you had to make that choice. Gun to your head, who do you have?
It's tongue and cheek. I liked Montgomery originally, but the more I watched him, the more I saw a guy who was John Kelly, or close to it atheltically, before the combine. He may turn out to be allright, but I guess my point is, if he's the best in this class, wow. I mean, a guy that averaged under 5 YPC in college and in a poor athlete at a position where athleticism is much more important than WR. Sure, he could be Arian Foster. David Montgomery should not even be on this list IMO, nor should Henderson, but if Monty turns out to be Arian 2.0, good for him, I would gladly take him in the late first, early 2nd, but not 1.01. We could even call him Monty for short, if he pans out, like Monty Burns. Excellent!

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm
It's tongue and cheek. I liked Montgomery originally, but the more I watched him, the more I saw a guy who was John Kelly, or close to it atheltically, before the combine. He may turn out to be allright, but I guess my point is, if he's the best in this class, wow. I mean, a guy that averaged under 5 YPC in college and in a poor athlete at a position where athleticism is much more important than WR. Sure, he could be Arian Foster. David Montgomery should not even be on this list IMO, but he turns out to be Arian 2.0, good for him, I would gladly take him in the late first, early 2nd, but not 1.01.
No. Montgomery should not be on this list, that much we agree on, but I thought there might be some that thought so. The issue I DO have with you is that you have now posted 6 times in this thread and have yet to say who YOU would pick.
Last edited by Hottoddies on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 pm

I am starting to like the class more and more. First class in a few years we don't have a consensus 1.1. A little like 2017 actually where there were a lot of people split on the RB's, the WR's this year are lining up like that. Not quite as good as those RB's but I think we have several good ones. This will be one of those classes where the best player probably comes from picking in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Also, I will need to be talked out of taking Hock in the top 6 haha. Help me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 pm I am starting to like the class more and more. First class in a few years we don't have a consensus 1.1. A little like 2017 actually where there were a lot of people split on the RB's, the WR's this year are lining up like that. Not quite as good as those RB's but I think we have several good ones. This will be one of those classes where the best player probably comes from picking in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Also, I will need to be talked out of taking Hock in the top 6 haha. Help me.
I love Hock. No help here, as long as he doesn't have Jameis throwing to him... :wink: :lol: :thumbup:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm

I would go AJ Brown over everybody. His advanced stats (Breakout Age and DR), his athletic profile relative to his size, and his tape are all rock solid/good. Also has imo the highest floor with a possible Laundry-esque game if his speed doesn’t translate because of his YAC ability/sure hands. Everybody always shoots for Harry because he seems to have this massive ceilling, but his deficiences as a route runner are glaring. Harry has the age adjusted production, but think about this. Brown produced big numbers at a relatively young age and with players like Laquon Treadwell, DK Metcalf, Cody Core, and Damarkus Lodge. May not be the greatest band of NFL standouts, but that’s a ton of players who have various levels of NFL talent that he was competiting with yet still successful and dominant
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:43 am

I own the 1.01 and a 1.03 in another league. I'm actually happier that I own the 1.03 because I'll take whoever is left of my top 3 and be satisfied with it.

The 1.01 on the other hand, I need help at both WR & RB. My top WR is DK Metcalf. My top RB is Sanders. If I can't trade back and I'm forced to take one of these guys... I really don't know. I'd probably take Sanders because I know for sure what I'm getting. But DK comparisons have been Calvin Johnson, and I like the sound of that.

Man this is gonna be a tough one.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 am

This class is great. Four clear WRs and 3 clear rbs.

Landing spots will sort out those top 7. No need to have this discussion unless the OP draft is pre draft. In that case go Jacobs or harry pending on what your team needs more
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:13 am

Its such an odd conundrum for me. I like DK the most, yet I wouldn't take him 1.01 because of the wide range of outcomes for him. If I had the 1.01 I'd probably go with a safer guy like Harry or AJ Brown. I have the 1.05 in the upcoming draft and I'm happy with that pick because I am guaranteed to get one of my top 5 wideouts in DK, Harry, Brown, Campbell or Butler.