O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

In a 1 QB PPR league you have the 1.01 and you're on the clock. Who do you take?

Hakeem Butler
5%
N'Keal Harry
41%
DK Metcalf
20%
Josh Jacobs
12%
AJ Brown
8%
Kelvin Harmon
No votes
Darrell Henderson
No votes
Marquise Brown
1%
Miles Sanders
10%
David Montgomery
1%
Other
1%

Total votes: 166

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Re: O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

Postby PTW32 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 am

schiewerma21 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 am This class is great. Four clear WRs and 3 clear rbs.

Landing spots will sort out those top 7. No need to have this discussion unless the OP draft is pre draft. In that case go Jacobs or harry pending on what your team needs more
I'd be interested to hear your top 7.

I'm struggling with running back ranks after my top 2 (Jacobs and Sanders) and i only have 3 clear top WR followed by another 4 or 5 next tier that seem to change order in my head daily.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 am
schiewerma21 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 am This class is great. Four clear WRs and 3 clear rbs.

Landing spots will sort out those top 7. No need to have this discussion unless the OP draft is pre draft. In that case go Jacobs or harry pending on what your team needs more
I'd be interested to hear your top 7.

I'm struggling with running back ranks after my top 2 (Jacobs and Sanders) and i only have 3 clear top WR followed by another 4 or 5 next tier that seem to change order in my head daily.
Montgomery is my #3 RB, ahead of Harris. I know Montgomery's testing suck but I enjoy his film and he can catch, which is what clearly puts him ahead of others for me. Plus I expect him to have solid draft capital.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm

I just acquired 1.01 for 1.03 & 2.11 ... I did it not because I have any one player in mind but because I want to have the liberty to get “my guy” post-NFL draft and the top 3 guys I like are all landing spot dependent.

My #1 is Metcalf, but if he goes to Baltimore he’s dead to me ... hoping he goes to SF, Colts or Buffalo ... if he goes to OAK, Skins it would be a tough pick

#2 is Jacobs ... he’s the least landing spot dependent ... if Philly or KC take him in round #1, then he goes to top of my list.

#3 is Parris Campbell ... I hope to get him later in round 1, but if KC drafts him, he’s my unquestioned 1.01.
Last edited by Forza_Azzurri on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Voted for Harry, but don't have the 1.01 anywhere so big grain of salt.
Surprised that Butler hasn't garnered more votes. Will be interesting to see if there is a Waldman bump on 4/1 regarding Butler.

I have the sense Waldman is very high on Butler from statements on various podcasts/general water cooler talk type stuff.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:09 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm I just acquired 1.01 for 1.03 & 2.11 ... I did it not because I have any one player in mind but because I want to have the liberty “my guy” post-NFL draft and the top 3 guys I like are all landing spot dependen
That's a steal! Well done.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:09 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm I just acquired 1.01 for 1.03 & 2.11 ... I did it not because I have any one player in mind but because I want to have the liberty “my guy” post-NFL draft and the top 3 guys I like are all landing spot dependen
That's a steal! Well done.
Yeah I don't like this class - but even I would pay a late 2nd to move up to 1.01 from 1.03 to take my pick..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Yeah nice move Forza. Once we have landing spots everyone will come around on the rookies and the fevers will kick in. There will be some clear leaders after the draft.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:43 am I own the 1.01 and a 1.03 in another league. I'm actually happier that I own the 1.03 because I'll take whoever is left of my top 3 and be satisfied with it.

The 1.01 on the other hand, I need help at both WR & RB. My top WR is DK Metcalf. My top RB is Sanders. If I can't trade back and I'm forced to take one of these guys... I really don't know. I'd probably take Sanders because I know for sure what I'm getting. But DK comparisons have been Calvin Johnson, and I like the sound of that.

Man this is gonna be a tough one.
I'm pretty sure you are safe staying at 3 and getting Sanders, unless you know the 1.02 well enough to be sure he's taking him. Jacobs seems to be the close to consensus top RB in most circles and likely highest drafted in the NFL Draft. If you go DK at 1.01 then next pick is almost certainly going to be another WR or Jacobs, leaving you free to grab Sanders.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 pm

DynoScout wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 pm Surprised that Butler hasn't garnered more votes. Will be interesting to see if there is a Waldman bump on 4/1 regarding Butler.

I have the sense Waldman is very high on Butler from statements on various podcasts/general water cooler talk type stuff.
Does Waldman post his upcoming video schedules somewhere that I'm missing? Love his videos.

Butler has long been my #3 WR in this class behind DK and Harry. I absolutely love him.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 pm

So you're saying that when a detective who is also a dynasty owners asks you Who killed (at) the combine you're going to reply with "(the) Butler did (it)? :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 pm So you're saying that when a detective who is also a dynasty owners asks you Who killed (at) the combine you're going to reply with "(the) Butler did (it)? :)
Nah. He’s waiting until he’s in the Green Room to kill.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Like I originally stated, it's easy to poke holes in any of these prospects. Running around the classroom kicking over block towers can be a lot of fun sometimes. However, the purpose of this exercise was to claim who your pick would be if you had to make that choice. Gun to your head, who do you have?
It's tongue and cheek. I liked Montgomery originally, but the more I watched him, the more I saw a guy who was John Kelly, or close to it atheltically, before the combine. He may turn out to be allright, but I guess my point is, if he's the best in this class, wow. I mean, a guy that averaged under 5 YPC in college and in a poor athlete at a position where athleticism is much more important than WR. Sure, he could be Arian Foster. David Montgomery should not even be on this list IMO, but he turns out to be Arian 2.0, good for him, I would gladly take him in the late first, early 2nd, but not 1.01.
No. Montgomery should not be on this list, that much we agree on, but I thought there might be some that thought so. The issue I DO have with you is that you have now posted 6 times in this thread and have yet to say who YOU would pick.
OK well, it depends on my team. If I earned the 1.01, I'd probably swing for the fences with DK. If I acquired it via trade, I think AJ Brown currently provides the best floor/ceiling combo.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 pm

I'd put them something like:

Metcalf
Harry
Jacobs
AJ
Montgomery
Sanders
Butler
Parris
ETC
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:16 am

It's ben said ad nauseam, but the draft will settle so much of this. If Metcalf goes to Green Bay for instance, then there likely isn't even a conversation to be had about 1.01. No Butler fan is taking him early if he goes to Baltimore. Personally I'd be very surprised if the NFL fell in love with Sanders the way the community did as he looks to me like a good athlete with weak instincts for the position. If a team takes him early though I will backtrack on that opinion before he's even hugged Roger.
I enjoy these discussions and I think it's important we all remember who we liked pre-draft, but any attempt to truly assign dynasty draft position is a bit of a folly at this stage.
For example- and these are both well within the realms of possibility-

Metcalf-GB
Harry-WASH
Butler-JAC
M Brown-PIT
AJ Brown-BUF
Jacobs-PHI
Sanders-ATL
Montgomery-LAR
Henderson-HOU
Fant-NEP
Hockenson-DAL
vs
Metcalf-BAL
Harry-IND
Butler-SF
M Brown-ARI
AJ Brown- NEP
Jacobs- HOU
Sanders-SF
Montgomery-KC
Henderson-LAR
Fant-LAC
Hockenson-BUF

My rankings would be hugely different in these two scenarios. As, I'd imagine would most people's. Would anyone's remain identical?
Worth remembering that totally unexpected teams are going to take some of these players...

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:16 am

Hockenson in Dallas would be my 1.1 lol. I fully agree with you. We do this every year and try to create these concrete rankings but until the draft happens we are really in flux. So many of these guys being hyped are going to fall big time in the draft (see Isabella, he's my bet anyways), and all of a sudden they're a 3rd round pick at best.