Chris Godwin Heat Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: whats the obsession with chris godwin?

Postby Plank » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:49 am

@PlankMelody

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am

So, according to forum members, The Tampa Bay Bucs will be supporting a WR1 in Evans, a strong WR2 with WR1 upside in Godwin, a RB1 in Rojo and OJ Howard will break out soon. This with the great Jamie’s Winston who is coming off a bad year and can’t stop acting like a fool off the field. Sounds about right.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:55 am

Godwin for my money is a better overall WR than Evans. More dynamic with the ball in his bands and plays on a team that was top 5 in passing targets last season.

Godwin could very well end up in a Roddy White-Julio situation where he plays the 1.B role while dominating 2ndry coverage.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 am

If you are counting on Godwin for production this year. That's unwise.

If you are buying Godwin for what his future potential is and what is profile as an actual WR is that's prudent.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:00 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am So, according to forum members, The Tampa Bay Bucs will be supporting a WR1 in Evans, a strong WR2 with WR1 upside in Godwin, a RB1 in Rojo and OJ Howard will break out soon. This with the great Jamie’s Winston who is coming off a bad year and can’t stop acting like a fool off the field. Sounds about right.
A little context is necessary. Winston suffered a pretty big shoulder injury. I believe I read somewhere that if you extrapolate the games Winston was healthy across the full season, he ends up as the QB 1 in fantasy.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:00 pm
remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am So, according to forum members, The Tampa Bay Bucs will be supporting a WR1 in Evans, a strong WR2 with WR1 upside in Godwin, a RB1 in Rojo and OJ Howard will break out soon. This with the great Jamie’s Winston who is coming off a bad year and can’t stop acting like a fool off the field. Sounds about right.
A little context is necessary. Winston suffered a pretty big shoulder injury. I believe I read somewhere that if you extrapolate the games Winston was healthy across the full season, he ends up as the QB 1 in fantasy.
Winston only issue is turning the ball over, he actually isnt a bad QB in real life (if he can limit his turnovers) and fantasy purposes
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Tremendous body control, underrated speed, strong hands, outstanding routes and most of all has performed and picked up chunks of yards in a handful of games last year after a strong preseason.

He's worth more to me than any rookie WR.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Last 5 weeks of the season.

Evans got 40 targets Caught 20-299-1

Godwin got 29 targets Caught 18-319-1

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 pm

If you compare him to any of the rookie WRs, his situation is actually not all that bad and I'm not sure I can make an argument that any of the rookies are more talented than he is. I don't see anything wrong with his current valuation of a late 1st, which is probably later than where the top WR would go in most rookie drafts.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Anyone look at this?
@PlankMelody

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Plank wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:39 pm
Anyone look at this?
I would if I had a facebook account. When I click on the link a pop up wants me to make an account to watch the vid. No thanks. Can it be seen anywhere else?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 pm

hrms, yes here on the official website:

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/traini ... nded-catch
@PlankMelody

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Traded Marqise Lee for him and Kenneth Dixon. Here is to hoping how he ended the year last year translates to him performing this year. I also preferred him over Lee so getting Dixon when I have Collins was just a safety net.
I heard he worked out with Moss in the offseason and read an article where Mike Evans even said the guy had the makings of a number 1 receiver. Figured now was the time to buy before the price goes up.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:06 pm

I really like Godwin going forward. He will eventually take over for Jackson, but I just don’t know when that will be.

I’m fixing to trade Parker for Godwin and a pick. I’m over Parker and word is that he is struggling at camp big time. Plus I’m super high on Godwin too and we saw how good he was when he was finally given a chance last year.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:06 pm I really like Godwin going forward. He will eventually take over for Jackson, but I just don’t know when that will be.

I’m fixing to trade Parker for Godwin and a pick. I’m over Parker and word is that he is struggling at camp big time. Plus I’m super high on Godwin too and we saw how good he was when he was finally given a chance last year.
Not sure anyone would give up Godwin plus for Parker at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick