Chris Godwin Heat Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:54 am

grooner wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:17 am
IBall2 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:05 am How are all the Evan's owners feeling today?
Sad:(, but it was sort of expected with Lattimore covering Evans.
Maybe 10-130 wasn't expected but I don't think 0-0 was expected at all.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:05 am

Week 5 was another Godwin week - 7 / 125 / 2.

He's now on pace for 105 / 1,635 / 19 and is the #1 WR in the league. He surely won't hit those yardage & TD numbers, but he's locked into the top10 moving forward.

And again, Evans with a complete goose-egg. I know it's mostly reflective of his matchup with Lattimore, but this volatility is what scares me away from Evans. He has 60% of his total points in one week!!!!
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:19 am

Evans is killing me!!

and I cant bench him lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:31 am

In a startup last year I drafted Evans as my WR2 and then passed on Godwin for relatively cheap because I didn't want both, despite really liking Godwin. Kicking myself now obviously.

I haven't watched any TB games, but I'm curious why Evans is so up and down this year. He's been up against primary corners his whole career and been the definition of consistent.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:54 am
IBall2 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:05 am How are all the Evan's owners feeling today?
Maybe 10-130 wasn't expected but I don't think 0-0 was expected at all.
Yeah 0-0 wasn't expected, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he went 3-60 or something. Obviously 0 sucks, I still can't bench him (had fuller on the bench, thats a 6 point swing!)

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pm

It wasnt just Lattimore. They rolled extra help when Evans was outside and when they put Evans in the slot they doubled him. So they put Evans back outside and used him as a decoy. Arians himself said he failed to help Evans. As long as defenses treat Evans like the 1, I will too. Godwin is getting chump change compared to how teams are scheming for Evans.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Meh, I wasn't expecting a good game with him being shadowed by Lattimore / consistent help and the "new" Winston.

Evans is in that tier where he gets the treatment, much like OBJ is for Cleveland, but both these guys are opening it up for everyone else.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm
Meh, I wasn't expecting a good game with him being shadowed by Lattimore / consistent help and the "new" Winston.

Evans is in that tier where he gets the treatment, much like OBJ is for Cleveland, but both these guys are opening it up for everyone else.
Preeeeeeeeach
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm

To all those saying godwins a product of Evans being double covered and Evans is being shut down because of said coverage haven’t watched a full bucs game. Evans is not playing well at all. He’s slowing down on routes. Can’t seem to catch. He was responsible for 2 picks thrown his way today. While Godwin was beating double and on occasion sometimes triple coverage, he’s the real deal and is a far better football player then Evans.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm To all those saying godwins a product of Evans being double covered and Evans is being shut down because of said coverage haven’t watched a full bucs game. Evans is not playing well at all. He’s slowing down on routes. Can’t seem to catch. He was responsible for 2 picks thrown his way today. While Godwin was beating double and on occasion sometimes triple coverage, he’s the real deal and is a far better football player then Evans.
IDK. I have both players. However Evans is still getting the top corners. There may come a time where they shift to Godwin. I think it's safe to say Godwin is both talented, and benefitting from having a good WR on the other side of him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm To all those saying godwins a product of Evans being double covered and Evans is being shut down because of said coverage haven’t watched a full bucs game. Evans is not playing well at all. He’s slowing down on routes. Can’t seem to catch. He was responsible for 2 picks thrown his way today. While Godwin was beating double and on occasion sometimes triple coverage, he’s the real deal and is a far better football player then Evans.
Look, Godwin is a very, very good WR. He is good on his own and would be on another team as well.

However, it would be extremely naive to pretend that Godwin doesn't benefit by playing next to a WR like Mike Evans, who ALWAYS draws the defenses best CB. It allows Godwin to move around the formation more and play against weaker defensive assignments. Would Godwin still produce as a team's clear cut WR? I think so, but as we've seen with JuJu Smith-Schuster on an AB-less Steelers, the difference in coverage and responsibility is day and night.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who anyone thinks is better between them, because they both can produce in this offense. But comparing Godwin and Evans roles is not a fair comparison, because they are asked to do different things against different defensive coverages.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

I've watched every Buccaneer game in full and can attest to the fact that Evans is drawing the top cover corner and is being double covered at times. It also helps Godwin's game that he always plays out of the slot. Godwin is a great talent and certainly might be able to handle being the main attraction, but it's silly to say he doesn't benefit from playing with Evans.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm

This is just all kinds of stupid, uninformed, biased, and a statement clearly made from someone who has not actually watched the Bucs.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 pm

Same arguments I heard all year about how JuJu was going to be worth 3 x more this year than last year, and that AB didn't do much for JuJu LOL. JuJu played 60 percent in the slot last year; AB was the focus of all defenses. Godwin is very talented, but Mike Evans is a soon to be 6 time 1000 yard receiver...
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd