Chris Godwin Heat Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Trying to argue against consensus values on DLF is basically a lost cause.
They are all slaves to it.

That said, based on the format I basically look at it as 1.02 & Miller for Godwin; which I do not think is outlandish and like it for you.
Then again, this community has a lot of inexplicable love for the rookies available at 1.02.
Even Miller is basically worhlress in a 19 team league.

So it's 1.02 for Chris Godwin. That's not a bad deal.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4282
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:52 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Trying to argue against consensus values on DLF is basically a lost cause.
They are all slaves to it.

That said, based on the format I basically look at it as 1.02 & Miller for Godwin; which I do not think is outlandish and like it for you.
Then again, this community has a lot of inexplicable love for the rookies available at 1.02.
Even Miller is basically worhlress in a 19 team league.

So it's 1.02 for Chris Godwin. That's not a bad deal.
Yep, as soon as he said 16 keeper, I understood. Limited keeper leagues defy standard full dynasty rules and values.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 R/T, 1 Def

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 am

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Chris Godwin will "never come off the field."

"[Godwin] should fit perfectly in what we're doing," Arians said on the Jim Rome Show Wednesday. "We can use him in the slot, we can use him out wide, so he'll never come off the field." It's not the first time Arians hyped the third-year breakout candidate this offseason, previously stating Godwin can be "close to a 100-catch guy" and man the slot "much like Larry Fitzgerald did" during the coach's previous tenure with the Cardinals. With the Bucs forecasted to face the league's easiest passing schedule this upcoming year, Godwin (much like teammates Mike Evans and O.J. Howard) is fully expected to dominate in '19.

SOURCE: PewterReport on Twitter

Jul 24, 2019, 8:05 PM ET

User avatar
Ryantacular
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1988
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 am

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 pm

lbi wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 am
Servo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 am
Phaded wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 am
Someone bought Godwin recently in my league by paying 1.02, 2.07, LJax & Lamar Miller.
Lol woof
I'm the guy who did it so I'll defend it.

It's a 10 team, 1 qb,16 keeper IDP league. 30 man rosters.

Ljax is worthless, with keepers due in a few weeks. Miller is a borderline keeper.
I'm keeping 4 rb- KJ, dj, drake, hunt. 2 qbs, Russ and dak.
Godwin is a lot more likely to see my roster as a flex than Miller or any rookies this year. I also got back his 4th/5th. Rookies often end up back in the draft next year given the limited number of keepers, and IDP as well.
I would not give 1.02 alone for Godwin and would want a lot back from the Godwin owner
16 Team 7 Keeper Dynasty, non ppr - 1QB 1 RB 1 WR 1 TE 3 Flex; 1 DL/DB/LB bonus points for touchdowns.
https://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0009

10 Team Dynasty, 12 Keepers, .5 PPR - 1 QB,1 RB,1 WR,1T E,3 Flex; Full IDP (2 DT/2 DE/3 LB/4 DB), .5 ppr. bonus points for TDs/Big Plays.
https://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =0001&O=07

16 Team Salary Cap/Contract Full Dynasty, 53 man Rosters, 1.0 PPR 1QB, Full IDP
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =0001&O=07

Masters League 1
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... 37337&O=07

Masters League 2
http://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... 76354&O=07

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby FantasyDumDum » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:19 pm

I know there is a lot of hype and only so much real substance as of now, but I would not hesitate to send the 2019 1.02 for Godwin unless it were a QB and TE premium league. I would pay as high as the 2019 1.02 + late 2019 1st for him.

I think he is in store for a slightly reduced 2018 JuJu type year as a WR2, or maybe a higher volume 2018 Ridley type year. I have him projected at 130/85/1100/8. WR13.
[he was 95/59/842/7 last year]

And I have Mike Evans at 150/93/1450/9. WR7.
[138/86/1524/8 last year]

I think it is very fair to expect to see Jameis get up into the 4K and 30+ range. 2550 and 17 combined going to his star WR1 and to his ascending WR2 who will “never come off the field” is reasonable imo. Last year they combined for 2360 and 15 on only 233 targets. Again I think it is fair to expect target volume increase around 50(from 233 to 280) and efficiency to come back a little bit to get to that 2550/17.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby The Grudge » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:14 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:19 pm
I know there is a lot of hype and only so much real substance as of now, but I would not hesitate to send the 2019 1.02 for Godwin unless it were a QB and TE premium league. I would pay as high as the 2019 1.02 + late 2019 1st for him.

I think he is in store for a slightly reduced 2018 JuJu type year as a WR2, or maybe a higher volume 2018 Ridley type year. I have him projected at 130/85/1100/8. WR13.
[he was 95/59/842/7 last year]


And I have Mike Evans at 150/93/1450/9. WR7.
[138/86/1524/8 last year]

I think it is very fair to expect to see Jameis get up into the 4K and 30+ range. 2550 and 17 combined going to his star WR1 and to his ascending WR2 who will “never come off the field” is reasonable imo. Last year they combined for 2360 and 15 on only 233 targets. Again I think it is fair to expect target volume increase around 50(from 233 to 280) and efficiency to come back a little bit to get to that 2550/17.
Honestly I would be completely happy if he put up these numbers. The chat that he could over take Mike Evans I think is insane, however, the team can support 2 1000 yrd wr's, and if he can be a mid top 24 wr I think that would be spot on. I am happy and excited I have a share.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Winston, Allan
RB: M. Gordon, David Johnson, Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Ekeler, J. Samuels, Singletary, Harris, J. Hill, D. Williams, TY Johnson, Laird
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin , Cooks, Diggs, Tyrell, Tre Smith, D. Hamilton, Slayton, A. Miller, P. Williams
TE: Kittle, Cook, Dwelley, Jonnu Smith, Hollister
K:
DE: Loannidis, Heyward
LB: Kuchely, Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Gerry, Williams, Connelly
DB: Bethea, Byard, Peters, Wilson

REPTAR
Captain
Captain
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby REPTAR » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Do we think Godwin is worth a mid 2020 1st? I’d like to trade for him but am hesitant with the talk of the 2020 class potential. ‘19 rookie draft has come and gone

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9134
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 pm

REPTAR wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:58 pm
Do we think Godwin is worth a mid 2020 1st? I’d like to trade for him but am hesitant with the talk of the 2020 class potential. ‘19 rookie draft has come and gone
If Godwin breaks out, you won't get him for a mid-first next summer.

IZigUZag
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby IZigUZag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 pm
REPTAR wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:58 pm
Do we think Godwin is worth a mid 2020 1st? I’d like to trade for him but am hesitant with the talk of the 2020 class potential. ‘19 rookie draft has come and gone
If Godwin breaks out, you won't get him for a mid-first next summer.
The 2020 class is loaded... but I'd very easily trade a mid 1st for Godwin -- If you want a RB the sure fire ones are probably gone by then.. the WR's -- while immensely talented are likely going to need at least 1 year of incubating, but 2 or 3 years is probable...that's a lot of time for Godwin to accrue value and be part of a championship team you're passing up for a rookie that may or may not pan out.

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Servo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:40 am

IZigUZag wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:58 pm
The 2020 class is loaded...
Plenty of football left between now and December for this to come to fruition.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion


Mahomes, Stafford, Mariota, Flacco, Lock
Kerryon, Williams KCC, Hines, Love, Ozigbo, Adams, Barber, Burkhead, Martin, McGuire, Montgomery, Riddick, Wilson Jr.
Allen, Cooks, Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Thielen, Ross, Allison, Hamilton, Lasley
Kelce, Kittle

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:49 am

Trying to flip Godwin for Kerryon Johnson in a keeper league. That's pretty wild that the guy is even entertaining the offer in my mind.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff J. Rosen, J. Flacco

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, T. Quinn, A. Wilson, D. Cain, T. Taylor, R. Higgins, P. Williams, Da Willis

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Da. Williams, R. Penny, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, D. Hilliard, D. Crockett

G. Kittle, M. Andrews

Taxi: D. Lock, R. Armstead, E. Butler, D. Slayton, J. Meyers

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3290
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 am

Went 3-51-1 on 6 targets in week 1.
Went 8-121-9 on 9 targets in week 2.

That's a great start! I have heard that Mike Evans is battling an illness, which may play a part, but I haven't seen any of the games. I admit that I tempered my expectations going into this year despite all the off-season love.

Has anyone seen a Tampa game this year and has Godwin looked as good as his stats are indicating?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 am
Went 3-51-1 on 6 targets in week 1.
Went 8-121-9 on 9 targets in week 2.

That's a great start! I have heard that Mike Evans is battling an illness, which may play a part, but I haven't seen any of the games. I admit that I tempered my expectations going into this year despite all the off-season love.

Has anyone seen a Tampa game this year and has Godwin looked as good as his stats are indicating?
Godwin has good separation on almost every route he runs, he actually should have been 9 for 9 on his targets last night but jameis through the 1 target too wide causing Godwin to drift out of bounds while making the reception, only could get 1 foot inbounds.

Evans looked really frustrated all night, seems like him and Jameis can't get into rythem and most of his looks are erratic and off target. Jameis seems to throw a lot better to Godwin for some reason.

User avatar
lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 am

Godwin WR1 for Tampa now???
APEX PREDATORS:
PPR SF
LINEUP: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, SF
QB: Mahomes, Kyler, Tannehill, Stidham
RB: CMC, Mixon, Ekeler, Drake, Sanders, Pollard, Love
WR: Godwin, DJM, Sutton, Chark, Gallup, Stills, Parris, Preston, Isabella, Hurd
TE: Engram, Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst, ISJ, Higbee
2020 PICKS: 1.01, 1.02, 1.06, 2.08, 3.03
2021 PICKS: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th


LA CHARGERS:
2019 AFC RUNNER UP
32 TEAM SINGLE COPY, SALARY CAP, 53 MAN ROSTERS, TIERED PPR, TIERED IDP, RETURN YDS
LINEUP: QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX, 2DE, DT, 3LB, 2CB, 2S, K, P

QB: Kyler, Hundley
RB: Ekeler, Royce, Blasingame, Ricard, Cunningham, Holyfield, Sproles
WR: Tre'Quan, Patterson, CLacy, JGordon, Isabella, DSpencer, TDavis, DMitchell, Parris
TE: Hollister, Moreau, LThomas, RSJ
DT: Donald, DJJones, AlWoods, TCrawford
DE: JoshAllen, Ferguson, Wolfe, Banogu, Jelks
LB: Leonard, Mercilus, Kwiatkoski, Klein, LCarter, LongJr
CB: Ryan, MDavis, KeFuller, Elliott, SJones
S: Willis, WHarris, Watkins, Addae, Epps, KJoseph
K: Forbath, Zeurlein, Castillo
P: Berry
2020 PICKS: 1.29, 2.20, 5.29

blemly
Starter
Starter
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby blemly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:18 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 am
Went 3-51-1 on 6 targets in week 1.
Went 8-121-9 on 9 targets in week 2.
[...]
Has anyone seen a Tampa game this year and has Godwin looked as good as his stats are indicating?
He’s so good he caught 9 TDs on 8 catches!

In all seriousness though, he looks really good out there. Running smooth routes and catching everything thrown his way. I can’t find the snap % from last night yet, but he’s out there on almost every play.
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston
RB: Zeke, Singletary, DJ, Hill
WR: Hopkins, KA, AJB, M. Williams
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1.02, 1.09, 3.09, 4.09

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team SF 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson, Lock
RB: Cohen, Sanders
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Samuel, A. Tate, Hardman, Isabella
TE: OJH, Fant, Knox
2020: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

Team 3 (Rebuild): 12-team SF 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Wentz, Cousins, Rosen, Grier
RB: Sanders, Guice, Pollard, Edmonds
WR: OBJ, Sutton, Golladay, Ross, AB, Pettis, Davis
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5
2021: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 4: 12-team SF 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Jacobs, Hill
WR: Hill, Lockett, Chark, McLaurin, Hardman, Perriman
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1.03, 2.03
2021: 1, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArrylT and 4 guests