General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Barkley Value Check

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 pm
mild wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm CEH is descending?
Not necessarily. But I don't think he's ascending in quite the same way that Taylor, Akers and Dobbins - players that you could have taken at-or-around the same ADP - are ascending. So in an owners mind, they may already be frustrated at his value comparatively speaking, as of right now.

I also don't think he's going to get a 3-down role in KC, based on what we saw this year of both Darrel Williams and Leveon Bell taking work off of his plate, and of Clyde getting stoned at the goal line on nearly every RZ attempt. I legitimately think Damien Williams would have out-and-out tanked CEH's seasonal value this year if he'd returned to play this season.

If the Chiefs add another goal-line banger this offseason, I will gladly speculate on that back for cheap. And if they add an out-and-out talented runner in the vein of Aaron Jones or Chris Carson... then I would officially panic as a CEH owner.
Think of it like this, compare their ADPs from last off-season to where they'll go this off-season.

CEH has clearly descended from the uber hype machine pushing him into the top 12 of startups.
JT has ascended to a debatable top 5 pick, Akers, Dobbins will also be taken much higher than they were taken last year.

Will that trend continue onto next season? I believe it will, but it's certainly possible CEH improves as a pass catcher/blocker and KC funnels targets to him as they lose weapons this off-season.
I agree that CEH's value has descendED from this summer's value, but I think it's steady now, not going down any more. That's my point.

As as to mild's comments, I mostly agree, except for the goal line carries. He had a lot of carries early on this season that he got destroyed in the backfield. Damien Williams, Leveon Bell, and Christian Okoye would've been destroyed on those.

Darrell Williams is a restricted free agent now. I think he'll be back. Damien Williams will be back for his last year under contract. CEH will be splitting time again, but in 2022 he may be the clear 1.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:35 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm
mild wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 pm
Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm Well since everyone else is doing it, I bought Barkley as well in one of the few leagues where I didn't already own him.

12 team PPR

Gave: CEH, JuJu, 2.03
Got: Barkley
I love this trade. Reasonable chance you're buying the depressed asset for two descending ones that could further fall.
CEH is descending?
CEH was a top 5 startup pick in August before he played a snap. Now he's a mid 2nd and ranked as the 4th best 2020 rookie RB. Akers and Gibson are close behind and that's not even mentioning JRob. Descending is a fair way to describe that value.

Mild is just saying it could continue. I kind of agree. I don't see anything all that special with him and the KC offense doesn't cater to RB as much as people think. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 3rd-4th round startup ADP this time next year. A nice RB1 season though and he could jump back into round 1 value easily though. Still young, still has the KC situation to buoy his value

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 am

The Saquon owner is worried about Saquons long term production since he is in a complete rebuilt (holds #1 pick). I'm more or less in a win now mode (see team in sig) and he offered me the following:

I get Saquon
I give #5, Zack Moss, Joey Bosa and my '22 third rounder

I don't know how to feel about this. It looks like a lopsided trade to me, but somehow that makes me worried that I don't know something about Saquon. Am I just overreacting?

Edit: Pairing CMC with Barkley should be really nice, especially with Gibson and Dobbins as my backups/future. I like my receiving core and maybe I could improve my TEs by getting Pitts at #9.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:51 am

thebadferret wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 am The Saquon owner is worried about Saquons long term production since he is in a complete rebuilt (holds #1 pick). I'm more or less in a win now mode (see team in sig) and he offered me the following:

I get Saquon

I don't know how to feel about this. It looks like a lopsided trade to me, but somehow that makes me worried that I don't know something about Saquon. Am I just overreacting?

Edit: Pairing CMC with Barkley should be really nice, especially with Gibson and Dobbins as my backups/future. I like my receiving core and maybe I could improve my TEs by getting Pitts at #9.
That's a slam dunk accept IMO. I don't play a lot of IDP, so unless Bosa is worth way, way more than I think, you take this.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:33 am

mild wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 pm
Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm Well since everyone else is doing it, I bought Barkley as well in one of the few leagues where I didn't already own him.

12 team PPR

Gave: CEH, JuJu, 2.03
Got: Barkley
I love this trade. Reasonable chance you're buying the depressed asset for two descending ones that could further fall.
This makes me really happy I sold my one CEH share, on a rebuilding orphan, when I did, back right after the Barkley injury.

Gave: CEH and a 2021 3rd, not mine, ended up late
Got: Barkley and a 2022 1st, probably late
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:25 am

thebadferret wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 am The Saquon owner is worried about Saquons long term production since he is in a complete rebuilt (holds #1 pick). I'm more or less in a win now mode (see team in sig) and he offered me the following:

I get Saquon

I would have smash accepted this without a 2nd thought. Great deal!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:03 pm

I get Saquon

I think that's a good price for Barkley. The way this would set up your backfield makes this a pretty easy accept for me. I didn't see anything from Moss in 2020 that makes me a believer in him long-term, so getting out from him seems like a good idea for me. Nice upgrade at a reasonable price.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:32 am

Sent MT for Barkley almost immediately after the injury and feels pretty good right now (much better than when I sent MT for Fournette several years ago in my other league ....)
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Saquon still hurt?

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:16 am

Any concern that Saquon misses time this year? Doesn't seem like he's committed to being able to play week 1. Would be awful if he is still having trouble with the knee.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Saquon still hurt?

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:53 am

Wouldn't be surprised with meniscus damage. People talk like getting a flap of meniscus "cleaned up" is no biggie, but that's how you get Gurley knees.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:18 am

Barkley had the “unhappy triad” injury - torn ACL, MCL, and meniscus. The knee pretty much blew up in a direction nature did not intend for it to go.

That’s a lot more severe than “just” damaging the ACL. He’s going to have both substantial mental and physical rehab to get back to where he was before. The knee can be structurally rebuilt, but will it react and respond in the same way as it did as naturally formed? There’s no way to know. Then there’s the mental aspect of getting enough confidence back to be completely willing to put himself back into the same situations that caused the injury in the first place.

That’s a tall order, and it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the new version of Barkley may not quite be up to matching the old version by the time the season starts. The only way to know for sure how he’ll respond and how complete his recovery is will be by observing how he is in full speed full contact situations - and the Giants probably will want to err on the side of caution and bring him along slowly. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we don’t see the new version at 100% and handling similar pre-injury workload until week 3-6 of the regular season.

Right now? It’s nothing better than a guessing game.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:30 am

So time to grab Booker as a backup?

I'm holding Qadree Ollison right now as a flyer to potentially run with Mike Davis, but he's an easy drop for any FA pickup.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:42 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:30 am So time to grab Booker as a backup?

I'm holding Qadree Ollison right now as a flyer to potentially run with Mike Davis, but he's an easy drop for any FA pickup.
Are there other higher upside options available? One might be past his expiration date and the other may not even have one. Not sure either guy is going to put up numbers that are going to help anything but a very desperate FF team even if the RB1 goes down.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:42 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:30 am So time to grab Booker as a backup?

Are there other higher upside options available? One might be past his expiration date and the other may not even have one. Not sure either guy is going to put up numbers that are going to help anything but a very desperate FF team even if the RB1 goes down.
It's a deep roster league (in sig). So it's just a bench spot that would be a dart throw no matter who it is. But having Barkley on my roster makes me almost want to handcuff with Booker (who's a FA currently)

Edit: As not to derail the initial thread for a personal gain here. Looking at NYGs roster is Booker the one to own? Should we be looking at any other potential piece that may step up and play in Saquon's absence? At least it's not Wayne Gallman as the backup?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:11 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:08 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:42 am

It's a deep roster league (in sig). So it's just a bench spot that would be a dart throw no matter who it is. But having Barkley on my roster makes me almost want to handcuff with Booker (who's a FA currently)
I was looking for Davis on your roster and figured it must have been a different league. Why would you roster Ollison without Davis on your roster when you have Barkley and Booker is available and Gallman left for SF?