Saquon Barkley - Dynasty Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
trc
Captain
Captain

Re: Barkley Value Check

Postby trc » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:42 am

Rockchild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:32 am Moved Robert Woods and James Robinson at our trade deadline for Barkley. Gives me CMC, Barkley, Elliott, Chubb, Hunt and Mixon at RB start 1-4 RB.
Did the other team at least win the league then??

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 am

Rockchild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:32 am Moved Robert Woods and James Robinson at our trade deadline for Barkley. Gives me CMC, Barkley, Elliott, Chubb, Hunt and Mixon at RB start 1-4 RB.
Woah how many of the teams do you own in this league?
JK. Nice group of RBs

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 am

I know everyone loves Barkley's talent, but 2021 is a big year for him as a professional football player. Anything less than a big time contribution of Barkley to the Giants, will put him firmly in the bust category as a player.
Perhaps the injuries are unfortunate, but he'd be a bust nonetheless.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am

remedy29 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 am I know everyone loves Barkley's talent, but 2021 is a big year for him as a professional football player. Anything less than a big time contribution of Barkley to the Giants, will put him firmly in the bust category as a player.
:crazy:

No it wouldn't, it would just make him a great player whose career was unfortunately derailed by injuries. He's already proven he's an elite talent in this league, not an overhyped bum who was incapable of performing to the level of his draft status, which is what a bust is.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am
remedy29 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 am I know everyone loves Barkley's talent, but 2021 is a big year for him as a professional football player. Anything less than a big time contribution of Barkley to the Giants, will put him firmly in the bust category as a player.

No it wouldn't, it would just make him a great player whose career was unfortunately derailed by injuries. He's already proven he's an elite talent in this league, not an overhyped bum who was incapable of performing to the level of his draft status, which is what a bust is.
Everyone wants their bust in Canton...and a curvy bust on their woman. Strange when a language of so many words uses the same word for such positive and negative things.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:57 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am

I think it's fair to say he would be a fantasy bust, especially in dynasty terms. I dont think anyone questions his talent, but if he doesnt have a good season his dynasty stock will tank hard.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 am

I acquired three shares of Barkley post-ACL injury.

The week after the injury: my Joe Mixon for his Saquon Barkley

Around week 7/8: my Daniel Jones + late 1st for his Saquon Barkley

Yesterday: my Alvin Kamara for his Saquon Barkley

Still think he's the most talented RB in the NFL with the potential of being a Hall of Famer. This is probably the only time he'll ever be available to trade for.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:45 pm

I paid Dobbins and Anthony Miller for him a few months ago, before Dobbins had shown as much as he has now.

Loved the deal at the time. Love it a little bit less now that Dobbins has confirmed he is what he hoped he would be, but still pretty happy with getting another Barkley share.

I bought "low" wherever I could all year. Here's to hoping that will be it for major career injuries.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:40 pm

It feels like the chances are pretty high that Barkley returns to form. He's a physical freak of nature and he's going to walk back into his usual workload. I don't get why people have sold low for some of the prices you guys are posting.

Woods/Robinson and Dobbins/Miller are really cheap.

d3sp3rad0
Rookie
Rookie

Postby d3sp3rad0 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:14 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:45 pm I paid Dobbins and Anthony Miller for him a few months ago, before Dobbins had shown as much as he has now.

Loved the deal at the time. Love it a little bit less now that Dobbins has confirmed he is what he hoped he would be, but still pretty happy with getting another Barkley share.

I bought "low" wherever I could all year. Here's to hoping that will be it for major career injuries.

Yes I paid essentially JK, Hollywood, and a late 3rd for Saquon and some throw-ins a few days after his injury. Still feel great about it despite Dobbins emerging, which I was fully expecting when I traded him. Not much has changed, and I am still super pumped to have SB’s services moving forward.
LOS DESPERADOS

2020 startup / 2020 champion

10 team | half-PPR | 1QB | 6-pt pass TD

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB: Dak, Tua, Stafford, Tannehill, Purdy
RB: Saquon, Ekeler, D. Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Kamara, Gainwell, Cordarrelle, D. Henderson, Mark Ingram, Chase Edmonds, Boston Scott, Jordan Mason, Mike Boone
WR: Tyreek, Amari, D.J. Moore, Aiyuk, Jeudy, A. Robinson, Van Jefferson, Laviska, Odell, Hamler, D. Mims,
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Everett, Albert O., O.J. Howard

Taxi: Dyami, Tylan W.

2023 picks: 2.01 (11), 2.05 (15), 3.01 (21), 4.06 (36), 5.04 (44)

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Well since everyone else is doing it, I bought Barkley as well in one of the few leagues where I didn't already own him.

12 team PPR

Gave: CEH, JuJu, 2.03
Got: Barkley
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm Well since everyone else is doing it, I bought Barkley as well in one of the few leagues where I didn't already own him.

12 team PPR

I love this trade. Reasonable chance you're buying the depressed asset for two descending ones that could further fall.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 pm
Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm Well since everyone else is doing it, I bought Barkley as well in one of the few leagues where I didn't already own him.

12 team PPR

I love this trade. Reasonable chance you're buying the depressed asset for two descending ones that could further fall.
CEH is descending?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm CEH is descending?
Not necessarily. But I don't think he's ascending in quite the same way that Taylor, Akers and Dobbins - players that you could have taken at-or-around the same ADP - are ascending. So in an owners mind, they may already be frustrated at his value comparatively speaking, as of right now.

I also don't think he's going to get a 3-down role in KC, based on what we saw this year of both Darrel Williams and Leveon Bell taking work off of his plate, and of Clyde getting stoned at the goal line on nearly every RZ attempt. I legitimately think Damien Williams would have out-and-out tanked CEH's seasonal value this year if he'd returned to play this season.

If the Chiefs add another goal-line banger this offseason, I will gladly speculate on that back for cheap. And if they add an out-and-out talented runner in the vein of Aaron Jones or Chris Carson... then I would officially panic as a CEH owner.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm CEH is descending?
Not necessarily. But I don't think he's ascending in quite the same way that Taylor, Akers and Dobbins - players that you could have taken at-or-around the same ADP - are ascending. So in an owners mind, they may already be frustrated at his value comparatively speaking, as of right now.

I also don't think he's going to get a 3-down role in KC, based on what we saw this year of both Darrel Williams and Leveon Bell taking work off of his plate, and of Clyde getting stoned at the goal line on nearly every RZ attempt. I legitimately think Damien Williams would have out-and-out tanked CEH's seasonal value this year if he'd returned to play this season.

If the Chiefs add another goal-line banger this offseason, I will gladly speculate on that back for cheap. And if they add an out-and-out talented runner in the vein of Aaron Jones or Chris Carson... then I would officially panic as a CEH owner.
Think of it like this, compare their ADPs from last off-season to where they'll go this off-season.

CEH has clearly descended from the uber hype machine pushing him into the top 12 of startups.
JT has ascended to a debatable top 5 pick, Akers, Dobbins will also be taken much higher than they were taken last year.

Will that trend continue onto next season? I believe it will, but it's certainly possible CEH improves as a pass catcher/blocker and KC funnels targets to him as they lose weapons this off-season.