General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby ajf235 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 pm

James McGhee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm
metalmat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm He won't have to worry about banishment. If he's guilty, he's not playing again.
Yeah if he is guilty (which I will wait and see) he is getting a minimum year band but.... I don't think it would be the end of his NFL career. Look at Adrian Peterson, I know its a slight bit of a different situation but still he straight up plead guilty and is still playing in the NFL. I mean Michael Vick was killing dogs and he still got back to the NFL. A team, probably not KC, is going to take a chance on him even if he is guilty.
America loves a good redemption story.
Maybe so. But America doesn’t love two redemption stories for the same person when the person involved in a known baby/woman beater and now potentially a child beater (if proven guilty). He’s done. AP didn’t have anywhere near the despicable history that Hill has.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Is this the same girl he had the college incident with?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:26 pm Is this the same girl he had the college incident with?
Yep.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm

ajf235 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah if he is guilty (which I will wait and see) he is getting a minimum year band but.... I don't think it would be the end of his NFL career. Look at Adrian Peterson, I know its a slight bit of a different situation but still he straight up plead guilty and is still playing in the NFL. I mean Michael Vick was killing dogs and he still got back to the NFL. A team, probably not KC, is going to take a chance on him even if he is guilty.
Maybe so. But America doesn’t love two redemption stories for the same person when the person involved in a known baby/woman beater and now potentially a child beater (if proven guilty). He’s done. AP didn’t have anywhere near the despicable history that Hill has.
Yeah, if Hill is charged with this, I think his career is over.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Would the league not have to follow whatever is outlined in the progressive discipline section of the CBA?

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Pretty sure the Brady case highlighted that section clearly states "Roger Goodell can do whatever the f##k he wants," when it comes to punishment.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm

I very much agree with you on that. Don't get me wrong.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:36 pm

Farley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Would the league not have to follow whatever is outlined in the progressive discipline section of the CBA?
You may be right. We shall see how teams would handle it. Hill would almost certainly be released, and with his prior history and this, I'm not sure he'd get the Kareem Hunt treatment. There may be another team willing to give him a shot. KC will release him if he's charged, though, I would imagine. That's what I'm hearing/reading from the KC area, anyway.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm
jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm If he didn't do anything why would it impact his contract situation?
Stay gold Ponyboy... stay gold.
Lol. What? If he isn't named on the report.....

If the wife did something I would agree this impacts his contract situation. But, I think there is a lot of confusion about the details here. Typical twitter jumping the gun. If he is named and there is suspicion, I side with you guys. Just hate public social media convictions based on speculation.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm

jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm
jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm If he didn't do anything why would it impact his contract situation?

If the wife did something I would agree this impacts his contract situation. But, I think there is a lot of confusion about the details here. Typical twitter jumping the gun. If he is named and there is suspicion, I side with you guys. Just hate public social media convictions based on speculation.
They are supposedly investigating it because he broke the kids arm with a punch. He is named on one report. He's being investigated. There is clearly a reason why, though we may not have that info. It's not the wife that's being investigated, to my knowledge. It's Hill. All the news outlets in KC showed the police reports, too. They are saying it's Hill who's being investigated. Regardless of the names on the reports (in which his name is on one).

I firmly agree about the social media thing. It's supposedly fact that Todd Gurley has arthritis, based on one tweet, by a guy who had an unnamed source.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 pm

I which case, I agree that he is done. There was some kind of video of the kid unharmed circulating on twitter, which further confuses things for me. Different son?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:00 pm

jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 pm I which case, I agree that he is done. There was some kind of video of the kid unharmed circulating on twitter, which further confuses things for me. Different son?
It may be tough to get proof. I mean if he hit the kid in the house with only the woman there, or alone, then she may lie. It makes you wonder how the reports were filed in the first place though. If she called the cops or if someone else did. I mean, how else would they know about it? Unless the hospital the child went to suspected abuse and notified the authorities, but I see no mention of that sort of thing.

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm

regardless of what comes of this, its hard not to get that "ticking time bomb" feeling.

just a matter of time.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm
jman3134 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

They are supposedly investigating it because he broke the kids arm with a punch. He is named on one report. He's being investigated. There is clearly a reason why, though we may not have that info. It's not the wife that's being investigated, to my knowledge. It's Hill. All the news outlets in KC showed the police reports, too. They are saying it's Hill who's being investigated. Regardless of the names on the reports (in which his name is on one).

I firmly agree about the social media thing. It's supposedly fact that Todd Gurley has arthritis, based on one tweet, by a guy who had an unnamed source.
Where are you reading that Hill punched his son?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 pm

SkinZ187 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm regardless of what comes of this, its hard not to get that "ticking time bomb" feeling.

just a matter of time.
Never trust players that are idiots in dynasty long-term. Only so long they can go before another incident.