Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:33 am

This signing basically takes the little leverage Chubb would have to get a new deal next year by holding out, too. Now, the Browns may choose to offer him one, but that's not decided. Signing Hunt gives them an option in 2 years, if Chubb asks for more than they are willing to pay. They could let him walk, or Franchise him to pair with Hunt for another year.

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8348
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am

Jason3123 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am
Chubb has been a better RB than Hunt since birth and will be until they die.

Hunt is better at possibly being kicked out of the league over night though.
Oh totally, Hunts rookie season when he led the league in rushing yards was just so-so. Chubb would've been so much better.

Chubb is a great talent. Hunt is a great talent.
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Pollard, Scott, Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Mims, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, McFarland, Penny, Cohen
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Lazard (IR), C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Valhalla » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am
Jason3123 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am
Chubb has been a better RB than Hunt since birth and will be until they die.

Hunt is better at possibly being kicked out of the league over night though.
Oh totally, Hunts rookie season when he led the league in rushing yards was just so-so. Chubb would've been so much better.

Chubb is a great talent. Hunt is a great talent.
Hunt is a pretty good RB no doubt, but we always need to take situations into account. Hunt was doing that in KC, where seemingly everyone they put in that backfield thrives. Chubb thrived running out of a backfield without as good of an OL against a defense that was far less wary of the pass, aiming to stop specifically Chubb. That matters.

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8348
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Valhalla wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am
Jason3123 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am
Chubb has been a better RB than Hunt since birth and will be until they die.

Hunt is better at possibly being kicked out of the league over night though.
Oh totally, Hunts rookie season when he led the league in rushing yards was just so-so. Chubb would've been so much better.

Chubb is a great talent. Hunt is a great talent.
Hunt is a pretty good RB no doubt, but we always need to take situations into account. Hunt was doing that in KC, where seemingly everyone they put in that backfield thrives. Chubb thrived running out of a backfield without as good of an OL against a defense that was far less wary of the pass, aiming to stop specifically Chubb. That matters.
I know, I know. I just didn't care for the absolute that Chubb is light years ahead of Hunt. Yes, he's a better talent but they are both great backs. Unfortunately for FF they are stepping on each other's toes
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Pollard, Scott, Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Mims, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, McFarland, Penny, Cohen
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Lazard (IR), C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]

User avatar
Shoreline Steamers
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3131
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Still hoping this portends a "sign and trade" coming up in the future with Hunt. Or the team decides to let Chubb walk after next season.

If they both stay with the Browns for the prime of their careers, I don't think there's any way to spin this where each doesn't siphon some of the value from the other. Not that either will be a bad play, just that their respective ceilings are lowered by having both backs on the same team.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: R. Wilson, L. Jackson
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, G. Edwards, A. Dillon, J. Jackson
WR: M. Thomas, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, T. Hilton, S. Watkins, Q. Cephus
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, D. Sample
14 Team, No-PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, D. Brees, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Cook, M. Sanders, S. Michel, L. Murray, E. Benjamin
WR: D. Parker, C. Ridley, J. Crowder, P. Campbell, B. Edwards, Q. Cephus
TE: D. Waller, J. Smith

User avatar
The Godwin Complex
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:38 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby The Godwin Complex » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm
Still hoping this portends a "sign and trade" coming up in the future with Hunt. Or the team decides to let Chubb walk after next season.

If they both stay with the Browns for the prime of their careers, I don't think there's any way to spin this where each doesn't siphon some of the value from the other. Not that either will be a bad play, just that their respective ceilings are lowered by having both backs on the same team.
It could elongate their careers into their later 20s. That’s a huge plus.
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here



12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX (rb/wr/te), 1 SUPERFLEX (qb/rb/wr/te)
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: D. Montgomery (CHI), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), T. Fulgham (PHI)
TE: R. Gronkowski (TB), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: J. Landry (CLE), R. Cobb (HOU), L. Fitzgerald (AZ)
SUPERFLEX: G. Minshew (JAX)

SHALLOW BENCH: D. Njoku (CLE), R. Higgins (CLE), A. Tate (CIN), G. Olszewski (NE), O. Zaccheaus (ATL), W. Snead (BAL), J. Richard (LV), C. Patterson (CHI), M. Rudolph (PIT), J. Howard (MIA),
IR: C. Sutton (DEN), B. Jarwin (DAL), N. Chubb (CLE), R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), T. Coleman (SF)
TAXI: D. Asiasi (NE), D. Keene (NE), JJ Taylor (NE)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:27 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:22 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm
Still hoping this portends a "sign and trade" coming up in the future with Hunt. Or the team decides to let Chubb walk after next season.

If they both stay with the Browns for the prime of their careers, I don't think there's any way to spin this where each doesn't siphon some of the value from the other. Not that either will be a bad play, just that their respective ceilings are lowered by having both backs on the same team.
It could elongate their careers into their later 20s. That’s a huge plus.
Chubb barring injury, or issues with his knee, is talented enough to do that without Hunt there. Hunt should be able to, without Chubb as well. It may help them to stay healthier, though, I agree. Talented backs play into their 30's most of the time, though the extra game added every year could hurt a lot of players over their careers.

User avatar
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Vcize » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Valhalla wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am
Jason3123 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am
Chubb has been a better RB than Hunt since birth and will be until they die.

Hunt is better at possibly being kicked out of the league over night though.
Oh totally, Hunts rookie season when he led the league in rushing yards was just so-so. Chubb would've been so much better.

Chubb is a great talent. Hunt is a great talent.
Hunt is a pretty good RB no doubt, but we always need to take situations into account. Hunt was doing that in KC, where seemingly everyone they put in that backfield thrives. Chubb thrived running out of a backfield without as good of an OL against a defense that was far less wary of the pass, aiming to stop specifically Chubb. That matters.
KC is a huge boon as a situation, no doubt. But you're overselling it a bit with the anyone they put back there is great stuff.

KC's leading rusher last year had 498 yards and they averaged just over 4ypc as a team.

Hunt as a rookie ran for 1327yds at 4.9ypc and that was before Mahomes was their QB.
Last edited by Vcize on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Wentz, Cam, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Lockett, Preston, J Jefferson
TE: Cook, Howard, Goedert

User avatar
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Vcize » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:22 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm
Still hoping this portends a "sign and trade" coming up in the future with Hunt. Or the team decides to let Chubb walk after next season.

If they both stay with the Browns for the prime of their careers, I don't think there's any way to spin this where each doesn't siphon some of the value from the other. Not that either will be a bad play, just that their respective ceilings are lowered by having both backs on the same team.
It could elongate their careers into their later 20s. That’s a huge plus.
This situation kind of reminds me of everyone waiting for Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to split after their big year together only to see them keep re-upping with the Panthers. I don't think many were particularly happy with what they got of extended mediocrity from each rather than what they anticipated they would have gotten out of either as a feature back in their mid/late 20's.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Wentz, Cam, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, Hill, Lockett, Preston, J Jefferson
TE: Cook, Howard, Goedert

User avatar
Shoreline Steamers
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3131
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:29 am

Vcize wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm
This situation kind of reminds me of everyone waiting for Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to split after their big year together only to see them keep re-upping with the Panthers. I don't think many were particularly happy with what they got of extended mediocrity from each rather than what they anticipated they would have gotten out of either as a feature back in their mid/late 20's.
Basically, the reason for my earlier post. If the pair stays together you're looking at lower than expected ceilings for both backs. They may play longer, maybe not. But neither will produce as the foundational backs those of us who roster them had hoped for.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: R. Wilson, L. Jackson
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, G. Edwards, A. Dillon, J. Jackson
WR: M. Thomas, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, T. Hilton, S. Watkins, Q. Cephus
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, D. Sample
14 Team, No-PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, D. Brees, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Cook, M. Sanders, S. Michel, L. Murray, E. Benjamin
WR: D. Parker, C. Ridley, J. Crowder, P. Campbell, B. Edwards, Q. Cephus
TE: D. Waller, J. Smith

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Valhalla » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Vcize wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:02 pm
Valhalla wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 am


Oh totally, Hunts rookie season when he led the league in rushing yards was just so-so. Chubb would've been so much better.

Chubb is a great talent. Hunt is a great talent.
Hunt is a pretty good RB no doubt, but we always need to take situations into account. Hunt was doing that in KC, where seemingly everyone they put in that backfield thrives. Chubb thrived running out of a backfield without as good of an OL against a defense that was far less wary of the pass, aiming to stop specifically Chubb. That matters.
KC is a huge boon as a situation, no doubt. But you're overselling it a bit with the anyone they put back there is great stuff.

KC's leading rusher last year had 498 yards and they averaged just over 4ypc as a team.

Hunt as a rookie ran for 1327yds at 4.9ypc and that was before Mahomes was their QB.
Eh. I think it's equally disingenuous how you've stated things. The reason the lead rusher was that low is because they started with McCoy and then moved to Williams, not giving the full load to just one back all season. Those two ran for 4.6 and 4.5 ypc respectively. They did sprinkle in Ware, Thompson and Darrell Williams and those guys didn't have much success, so point taken there that not EVERYONE succeeds, but a lot of guys have had success in Reid's system. Not as much for the Browns' revolving systems.
Also, a more accurate take on the pre-Mahomes I suppose would be to look at what the offense did directly around the rookie season you're stressing ('17). The year before that Spencer Ware ran for 4.3 ypc, not quite as good but certainly not bad. The year before that, Charles was still there and ran for 5.1 ypc for 5 games before going down. Then Ware and West carried the team, with Ware running for 5.6 over 72 attempts and West for 4.0 over 160 attempts. The year AFTER Hunt's rookie year, Hunt again ran for a very respectable 4.6 (181 attempts), while Ware ran for 4.8 (51) and Williams ran for 5.1 (50) ypc. So Hunt was their guy being pushed, but when others were called into the same role in the same situation, they did just as well. I like Hunt. I'm just saying, it's worth noting his situation.

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby mild » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 pm

mild wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm
MFundercover wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am
Ouch. Glad I'm not a Chubb owner. Though he was a screaming sell to me after that 2019 2nd half. Great player, bad situation. Morale of the story: never trust the Browns.

Wouldn't want to be like @mild and hold a guy like Chubb too long and take a hit :lol:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nick Chubb: top 10 running back this year. Outperforms Kenyan Drake. Book it.
MFundercover wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 am
I think he is a much better runner than Marlon Mack too. That is not what I said. At all. I was comparing what I think his fantasy numbers will look like. I dont see 300 touches for Chubb anymore...

<more typing>

If you want to bet on Chubbs numbers matching 2019 Henry, that's fine. But not with my money. I'll buy him at +2019 Mack's numbers.
2020: Through 3 games:

Nick Chubb - #3 RB in Standard, #9 in PPR
Kenyan Drake - #24 RB in Standard, #28 RB in PPR

2019 Marlon Mack:
261 total touches, 1176 yards from scrimmage, 8 touchdowns, 4.4 y/a

2019 Nick Chubb: (aka Marlon Mack+)
334 total touches, 1772 yards from scrimmage, 8 touchdowns, 5.0 y/a

2020 Nick Chubb: (projection 16 games @ current pace)
288 total touches, 1653 yards from scrimmage, 21 touchd :lol: wns, 5.7 y/a

@FreezingColdTakes

Time to listen to some REM and think on your sins.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 pm

mild wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 pm
mild wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm
MFundercover wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am
Ouch. Glad I'm not a Chubb owner. Though he was a screaming sell to me after that 2019 2nd half. Great player, bad situation. Morale of the story: never trust the Browns.

Wouldn't want to be like @mild and hold a guy like Chubb too long and take a hit :lol:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nick Chubb: top 10 running back this year. Outperforms Kenyan Drake. Book it.
MFundercover wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 am
I think he is a much better runner than Marlon Mack too. That is not what I said. At all. I was comparing what I think his fantasy numbers will look like. I dont see 300 touches for Chubb anymore...

<more typing>

If you want to bet on Chubbs numbers matching 2019 Henry, that's fine. But not with my money. I'll buy him at +2019 Mack's numbers.
2020: Through 3 games:

Nick Chubb - #3 RB in Standard, #9 in PPR
Kenyan Drake - #24 RB in Standard, #28 RB in PPR

2019 Marlon Mack:
261 total touches, 1176 yards from scrimmage, 8 touchdowns, 4.4 y/a

2019 Nick Chubb: (aka Marlon Mack+)
334 total touches, 1772 yards from scrimmage, 8 touchdowns, 5.0 y/a

2020 Nick Chubb: (projection 16 games @ current pace)
288 total touches, 1653 yards from scrimmage, 21 touchd :lol: wns, 5.7 y/a

@FreezingColdTakes

Time to listen to some REM and think on your sins.
I have Chubb, but isn't it a little early for Victory laps? DK Metcalf is even thinking so, me thinks. :lol:

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby mild » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 pm
I have Chubb, but isn't it a little early for Victory laps? DK Metcalf is even thinking so, me thinks. :lol:
It most certainly is. All of the wood has been knocked 'pon. Lot of season to go.

But it's not too early to bring up some truly terrible takes.

Also, I'll take the W on Nick Chubb vs. Kenyan Drake, an actual argument that was proposed 2 weeks ago :lol:

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8348
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Chubb is definitely putting up strong numbers, no argument there. I was a little worried for him (thought maybe back end RB1) but talent shines through.

Anyways, Hunt has been solid for me in PPR. 12, 24 and 14 is really more than I could've asked for. It's encouraging he's getting 13 rushes and 3 receptions per game. Also, on a 16 TD pace but I doubt that continues.
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Pollard, Scott, Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Mims, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, McFarland, Penny, Cohen
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Lazard (IR), C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, Google [Bot], Jigga94, PTW32, Sriracha and 14 guests