Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:29 am
Vcize wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm This situation kind of reminds me of everyone waiting for Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to split after their big year together only to see them keep re-upping with the Panthers. I don't think many were particularly happy with what they got of extended mediocrity from each rather than what they anticipated they would have gotten out of either as a feature back in their mid/late 20's.
Basically, the reason for my earlier post. If the pair stays together you're looking at lower than expected ceilings for both backs. They may play longer, maybe not. But neither will produce as the foundational backs those of us who roster them had hoped for.
Exactly why I traded Chubb for 1.1 on a team I took over and was blowing up to rebuild in the off season.

People can argue all they want about the talent between Chubb and Hunt. These two are like 1A and 1B WR's on some teams. Both are really good players and fantasy owners can't be real happy they are on the same team.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Just noticed that, in one of my leagues, Hunt is RB8 in scoring, while Chubb is 14th. Hunt has been one of my secret weapons for one of my undefeated teams.

Is he strictly a contender target, or does his passing game usage lengthen his career and make rebuilders not fade him?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:31 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 pm Is he strictly a contender target, or does his passing game usage lengthen his career and make rebuilders not fade him?
I think his light usage in the run game will help to extend his career. Receiving backs already have fairly long careers compared to the traditional RB.

I'm not planning on selling him any time soon. He's been a great start the last couple of seasons where there are fewer good RBs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:40 am

In the one league I have Chubb I also have Hunt. I always start both with JRob and Damien Harris as backups. It averages out pretty well IMO.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 pm Just noticed that, in one of my leagues, Hunt is RB8 in scoring, while Chubb is 14th. Hunt has been one of my secret weapons for one of my undefeated teams.

Is he strictly a contender target, or does his passing game usage lengthen his career and make rebuilders not fade him?
He has to be a contender option because his value never caught back up after the incident. He's been a legit RB1 in PPR and high RB2 everywhere else for the past year+. But the off field concerns (which I'm not sure are a big deal anymore) and Chubb have decreased his value in people's eyes. I couldn't get a 1st for him and I think that's more than a fair ask

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 pm Just noticed that, in one of my leagues, Hunt is RB8 in scoring, while Chubb is 14th. Hunt has been one of my secret weapons for one of my undefeated teams.

He has to be a contender option because his value never caught back up after the incident. He's been a legit RB1 in PPR and high RB2 everywhere else for the past year+. But the off field concerns (which I'm not sure are a big deal anymore) and Chubb have decreased his value in people's eyes. I couldn't get a 1st for him and I think that's more than a fair ask
this time last year I sold hunt for a first, 3rd and a package of 2 valuable IDP players and Damien Harris. obviously league dependent but not everyone is so down on him
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm

I keep seeing comments about Hunt potentially being dealt this offseason. Even though I've read Cleveland has enough cap space that they don't need to dump him, I can understand why they would if they think their depth can step up.

Leaving aside whether a team would deal for him at this time of the off/pre season, what teams would be reasonable options to get him? I 'm not particularly enthused about my ideas- Carolina (if CMC is injured), NYG (if Barkley is unavailable), TB, NO (Kamara suspension?), Buffalo, SF.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm I keep seeing comments about Hunt potentially being dealt this offseason. Even though I've read Cleveland has enough cap space that they don't need to dump him, I can understand why they would if they think their depth can step up.

Leaving aside whether a team would deal for him at this time of the off/pre season, what teams would be reasonable options to get him? I 'm not particularly enthused about my ideas- Carolina (if CMC is injured), NYG (if Barkley is unavailable), TB, NO (Kamara suspension?), Buffalo, SF.
One of the best fits I saw floated was the Eagles, due to Hunt absolutely smashing from a metrics perspective whenever he runs from the Gun. Incidentally, that's what the Jalen Hurts offence largely consists of - and no doubt he'd be amazing running with a dual threat like Jalen behind THAT offensive line.

It's not a Cap Space issue re. Hunt, btw. It's literally roster crunch - the question is how many RB's they're going to keep from the six (!) currently on the roster. Demetric Felton Jr. plays special teams and has shown well in the passing game. John Kelly is probably a cut. Jerome Ford was just acquired with a 4th round pick.

That's why the other name being floated in just as many blurbs is D'ernest Johnson, who ran really well when he got the opportunity last year and has by far the most team-friendly/attractive deal in that RB room from a Cap perspective. The Browns will likely look to be sharp by dealing one of these guys to the team that first suffers a training camp RB injury, is what we're guessing. And hence the blurbs.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm I keep seeing comments about Hunt potentially being dealt this offseason. Even though I've read Cleveland has enough cap space that they don't need to dump him, I can understand why they would if they think their depth can step up.

Would be funny, but actually makes some sense, if the Chiefs brought him back.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:27 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 pm

One of the best fits I saw floated was the Eagles, due to Hunt absolutely smashing from a metrics perspective whenever he runs from the Gun. Incidentally, that's what the Jalen Hurts offence largely consists of - and no doubt he'd be amazing running with a dual threat like Jalen behind THAT offensive line.

It's not a Cap Space issue re. Hunt, btw. It's literally roster crunch - the question is how many RB's they're going to keep from the six (!) currently on the roster. Demetric Felton Jr. plays special teams and has shown well in the passing game. John Kelly is probably a cut. Jerome Ford was just acquired with a 4th round pick.

That's why the other name being floated in just as many blurbs is D'ernest Johnson, who ran really well when he got the opportunity last year and has by far the most team-friendly/attractive deal in that RB room from a Cap perspective. The Browns will likely look to be sharp by dealing one of these guys to the team that first suffers a training camp RB injury, is what we're guessing. And hence the blurbs.
The Philly scheme fit isn't an angle I'd considered, but wouldn't they just be crowding there roster? Hunt, Sanders, Gainwell, Scott and K Brooks is looks plenty/too deep, and that assumes J Huntley isn't on the active roster.

If you were a team looking for RB help, and factoring in contracts, would you prefer Hunt or D Johnson?

ericanadian, I like the KC idea. I wonder if there'd be local push back on bringing him back. But, I do see the logic- would eliminate doubt about having to rely on a shaky platoon. Same logic as the Tampa idea, and the added bonus of him going to another conference.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:04 pm

Hunt returning to KC makes a lot of sense and that would be a fascinating come back.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:20 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:27 pm The Philly scheme fit isn't an angle I'd considered, but wouldn't they just be crowding there roster? Hunt, Sanders, Gainwell, Scott and K Brooks is looks plenty/too deep, and that assumes J Huntley isn't on the active roster.
Crowded, sure. But if you're thinking you could make some noise in a relatively wide-open NFC this year, then perhaps you'd want a starting RB that did better than "zero TD's scored on 163 touches" last season. Kennedy Brooks isn't good. Scott and Jordan Howard outproduced Sanders when given opportunity. Like, how good even is this group?

I believe the Run Scheme was tabled initially in part because Hunt was so good at running from the Gun - but also because Sanders is so bad at it. You'd have to admit - even the most ardent Sanders supporters around these forums have long since gone quiet the last couple years.

Gainwell is definitely the pick at ADP this season, to me - as it currently stands. If he takes a leap, it could really help the offense ascend into the elite tier.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:30 am

mild wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 pm That's why the other name being floated in just as many blurbs is D'ernest Johnson, who ran really well when he got the opportunity last year and has by far the most team-friendly/attractive deal in that RB room from a Cap perspective.
hunt only earns 6.25 million, probably the best skill/cost non rookie RB contract in the whole league. not cheaper, but a lot more team friendly imo.

i don't think the browns want to just throw away the season, they will aim for the playoffs and hunt gives them a lot more chances than d'ernest.

so yeah, d'ernest is probably a better candidate to leave. however, what would other teams be willing to give for a RB on a 2.4 million contract with around 150 touches in the league? with the way they run the ball, d'ernest is likely more valuable to the browns than he is to other teams.

i doubt they move either.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:49 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:20 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:27 pm The Philly scheme fit isn't an angle I'd considered, but wouldn't they just be crowding there roster? Hunt, Sanders, Gainwell, Scott and K Brooks is looks plenty/too deep, and that assumes J Huntley isn't on the active roster.
Crowded, sure. But if you're thinking you could make some noise in a relatively wide-open NFC this year, then perhaps you'd want a starting RB that did better than "zero TD's scored on 163 touches" last season. Kennedy Brooks isn't good. Scott and Jordan Howard outproduced Sanders when given opportunity. Like, how good even is this group?

I believe the Run Scheme was tabled initially in part because Hunt was so good at running from the Gun - but also because Sanders is so bad at it. You'd have to admit - even the most ardent Sanders supporters around these forums have long since gone quiet the last couple years.

Gainwell is definitely the pick at ADP this season, to me - as it currently stands. If he takes a leap, it could really help the offense ascend into the elite tier.
I'm not writing off Brooks- he was a predraft watch of mine, and as you point out, Philly's backfield is weak and fluid. I've seen Gainwell listed as a sleeper stab.

Been trying to figure out Sanders- with how fluky TDs can be, I don't hold his 137/754/0 rush line from 2021 against him, especially since he got 6 on 164/867 in 2020. He's not an elite RB, but I think there's potential if they continue with their offensive improvement from the 2nd half of last year.

I could see Philly making a move if the team starts strong AND the run game underperforms expectations. But, that'd likely be several weeks into the regular season at the earliest, and likely wouldn't help Cleveland's roster crunch.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:51 am

That's totally fair. I did actually like Kennedy Brooks when I watched him last year... I heard a lot of people "poo poo" him in the draft cycle, so perhaps I owe him a re-evaluation. And I don't mind Sanders this year in Redrafts at all; there's a good chance he runs really well in a contract year if he does indeed have the Starting job Week 1. Touchdowns aren't sticky at all, they're one of the most random stats in Fantasy.

I just want to be clear: I don't actually think Hunt will get traded to Philly. I agree with others here: it's an outside long shot. It's more likely to not happen than to happen.

All I'm saying is that a Hunt level talent would totally dominate this backfield, if he happened to be there right now.