Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:53 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am Ouch. Glad I'm not a Chubb owner. Though he was a screaming sell to me after that 2019 2nd half. Great player, bad situation. Morale of the story: never trust the Browns.

Wouldn't want to be like @mild and hold a guy like Chubb too long and take a hit :lol:
I'm not sure how you see being a starter is a bad situation. If people are low on Chubb's value because there happens to be backups on the roster then he may be a great buy low candidate.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am

I would buy Hunt right now. He’s more talented, and by next year sometime Chubb will either fade away into being a talented backup or be traded. IMO
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:02 am

Either that or they are going to try and replicate what the 49ers and Titans did last year.
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am I would buy Hunt right now. He’s more talented, and by next year sometime Chubb will either fade away into being a talented backup or be traded. IMO
The guy who was a couple yards short of leading the league in rushing last year will be faded into a backup role? I disagree with this statement. He is a significantly better pure rusher than Hunt. He is also on his rookie deal through the 2021 season so he is significantly cheaper of the two. He's not going anywhere until 2022.

Both of these guys will be used for what they are good at, and it's a great football move just sucks for fantasy.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:22 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am I would buy Hunt right now. He’s more talented, and by next year sometime Chubb will either fade away into being a talented backup or be traded. IMO
He's not going anywhere until 2022.

Both of these guys will be used for what they are good at, and it's a great football move just sucks for fantasy.
When I said more talented I meant more well rounded as a pass catcher. I don’t think Chubb will fade away to the bench. But I do think he will become the 1b in a lethal 1-2 punch. I undershot on the year.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:53 am
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am Ouch. Glad I'm not a Chubb owner. Though he was a screaming sell to me after that 2019 2nd half. Great player, bad situation. Morale of the story: never trust the Browns.

Wouldn't want to be like @mild and hold a guy like Chubb too long and take a hit :lol:
I'm not sure how you see being a starter is a bad situation. If people are low on Chubb's value because there happens to be backups on the roster then he may be a great buy low candidate.
You're in denial if you think this isn't bad for Chubbs fantasy value. He's on the wrong side of the passing work, and has shown to be relatively unproductive with Hunt in the lineup.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nick Chubb: top 10 running back this year. Outperforms Kenyan Drake. Book it.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:14 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Make it official 🙌

2020 Bold Predictions

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:20 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:14 pm Make it official 🙌

2020 Bold Predictions
It's already official.

2020 Plant Your Flag

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm

You went on like you took a team of middling young players to a championship. But you have Mahomes, Lamar, and Saquon in superflex. You have 3 of the top 4 players in your league. They could carry a roster full of corpses to a title in a league like that. And you ignored Chubbs red flags and missed his sell window and preach like you're the master at selling high. What a joke

I just checked ECR and Drake/Chubb are at a dead even split, 50/50. I checked a dynasty crowd sourcing site and Chubb is plunging, So its a lot closer than you think. I'm taking the guy trending up who is a lock to catch 50+ balls over the guy trending down who wont be used in the pass game and in a worse offense.

Chubb has been a screaming sell high since he ended 2020 on such a bad note. You're kidding yourself if you think this resigning didnt tank his value.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Quit baiting, man. You're way off base. I've made no such claims of being a master at anything.

I have simply stated:
- That as a JK Dobbins owner I would mirthfully reject any ham-handed attempts to make me swap him for Kenyan Drake
- Claimed that Nick Chubb will have a great season in 2020

I got Saquon this offseason, and I won my league with Nick Chubb as my best RB last year. I drafted both QB's. It is what it is.

To return to the topic: Nick Chubb is still going to have a good year.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:51 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:53 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:53 am

You're in denial if you think this isn't bad for Chubbs fantasy value. He's on the wrong side of the passing work, and has shown to be relatively unproductive with Hunt in the lineup.
I own both, hoping that Hunt would leave for a starting role. This isn't optimal but to say Chubb was "unproductive with Hunt in the lineup" isn't true. Look at the stats from week 10 to the end of the season.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:22 am
CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 am
He's not going anywhere until 2022.

When I said more talented I meant more well rounded as a pass catcher. I don’t think Chubb will fade away to the bench. But I do think he will become the 1b in a lethal 1-2 punch. I undershot on the year.
Chubb is arguably the best pure runner in the league. I don't think Hunt touches him there. I can't see Chubb taking a secondary role to Hunt in that system. Hunt is a good pass catcher. Chubb has never been a great receiving back, but I think Stefanski, if he runs it similar to Minnesota, will put Chubb in much better situations for explosive plays on first and second down with screens, than Chubb had before. Dalvin had a ton of screens on early downs.

Chubb is never going to be a high end pass catcher, but he's absolutely a great runner of the football. Chubb should be able to be anywhere between 1100-1500 yards on the ground and 8-10 TD's yearly. Tack on 35 receptions or so. He may never be that top 5 RB that people want him to be, but he's certainly capable of the 7-12 range yearly.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm Chubb is arguably the best pure runner in the league. I don't think Hunt touches him there. I can't see Chubb taking a secondary role to Hunt in that system.
I heard it phrased a great way this morning: if Hunt had signed the same deal with Tennessee, would be shying away from Derrick Henry to the same degree?

Because they basically did the same thing last year; that's how good Chubb was. There's also reasonable expectation that whilst Chubb might lose some carry volume, their RZ offense will be -vastly- improved. Line additions + better coaching ought to see to that.

Anyone who watched last year's Browns debacle can attest how miserable they were in the Red Zone... it was a dark comedy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm Chubb is arguably the best pure runner in the league. I don't think Hunt touches him there. I can't see Chubb taking a secondary role to Hunt in that system.
I heard it phrased a great way this morning: if Hunt had signed the same deal with Tennessee, would be shying away from Derrick Henry to the same degree?

Because they basically did the same thing last year; that's how good Chubb was. There's also reasonable expectation that whilst Chubb might lose some carry volume, their RZ offense will be -vastly- improved. Line additions + better coaching ought to see to that.

Anyone who watched last year's Browns debacle can attest how miserable they were in the Red Zone... it was a dark comedy.
Yeah, I added on to my original comment. Chubb will never be a high volume pass catcher IMO, but that's OK. I think Stefanski and his screen designs will help Chubb maximize the receptions he does get. They are a heavy running team, and the league is going to a 17 game season. The signing is not surprising. Hunt is a starting caliber back on a lot of teams. He's going to get some carries, and most of the 3rd down work. That doesn't mean Chubb isn't going to produce. Chubb should still touch the ball 300 times, barring injury.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick